Sali Hughes #23 Swipe up Sali!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I haven't been here for ages due to personal stuff but have missed you all 😘. Have I missed anything? 😂
Seriously her hard hitting documentary sounds hilarious (I haven't actually listened tbh). I'm sure it has been mentioned but I read her Guardian article and she said how her son's teachers were concerned she would 'sell her children' and how embarrassing it was - but didn't she write a Pool article all about how her son disliked his gym teacher and Sali said it was OK to dislike people - fair enough but surely far more embarrassing and identifiable for all concerned? But I forgotten the futility of trying to apply logic to her musings.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
presumably the sons teachers are the sort of “educators of children” who read tattle, then.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I haven't been here for ages due to personal stuff but have missed you all 😘. Have I missed anything? 😂
Seriously her hard hitting documentary sounds hilarious (I haven't actually listened tbh). I'm sure it has been mentioned but I read her Guardian article and she said how her son's teachers were concerned she would 'sell her children' and how embarrassing it was - but didn't she write a Pool article all about how her son disliked his gym teacher and Sali said it was OK to dislike people - fair enough but surely far more embarrassing and identifiable for all concerned? But I forgotten the futility of trying to apply logic to her musings.
I missed you too. Particularly around the time of her various BBC outings. I've always sort of believed in the BBC - in their values and standards - and I was shocked by the way she was given a platform to promote her personal agenda.

I've been very busy but I do mean to write something about it to add to the Wiki.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I missed you too. Particularly around the time of her various BBC outings. I've always sort of believed in the BBC - in their values and standards - and I was shocked by the way she was given a platform to promote her personal agenda.

I've been very busy but I do mean to write something about it to add to the Wiki.
Yes from little I have gleaned she was given plentiful airtime to whinge about 'my trolls' and I really have no idea why. I know it goes without saying to anyone with half a brain but comment here is solely based on what she chose to put in the public domain. Why the BBC thought her story was worthy of a programme is baffling particularly as it was so shockingly one-sided. Still anything to remain slightly relevant I suppose.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
I laughed at that too 😀. She can never just do a post celebrating somebody else without illustrating it with pictures of herself, the mad narcissist.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 13
Is this about The Vampires Wife post? I just saw it, how embarrassing! Especially the part about getting a dress which was not on the market yet. Humble brag mania.

• Haha
Reactions: 12

I followed the advice in this column for years - always went for yellow undertones, and could never work out why my (very cool, slightly pink) skin always looked like tit.
Oh my goodness I remember those on the shb forum telling me I could possibly look better with pinker undertones and everyone has to wear yellow foundation. And k mean strongly arguing with me.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
And then Sali said in an IG video in the last year or so that she couldn't wear yellow toned foundations. Seriously, my head nearly fell off. Un-bleeping-believable

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Is this about The Vampires Wife post? I just saw it, how embarrassing! Especially the part about getting a dress which was not on the market yet. Humble brag mania.
I also think it was her way of saying "I got it before Kate Middleton and all the celebs started wearing it, okay?"

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I also think it was her way of saying "I got it before Kate Middleton and all the celebs started wearing it, okay?"
Absolutely! What a sad sack, it's so blatant.
And I said humble brag mania in my earlier post, my error!, just a complete and utter outrageous brag.

Reactions: 11
And then Sali said in an IG video in the last year or so that she couldn't wear yellow toned foundations. Seriously, my head nearly fell off. Un-bleeping-believable
In this video, if anyone's interested. When she's talking about a Charlotte Tilbury foundation near the start.

Reactions: 1
In this video, if anyone's interested. When she's talking about a Charlotte Tilbury foundation near the start.
I wonder why she wrote the Charlotte Tilbury foundation in CAPITAL LETTERS. Is it some kind of subliminal thought implantation so it's the only name on there we remember.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Is this about The Vampires Wife post?
Is there any evidence that the Vampire's Wife dress did win a Vogue 'Dress of the Decade' award - or that there is even such a thing as a Vogue 'Dress of the Decade' award?

I can't see anything on Vogue's webpage or social media about such an award. Perhaps yet to be announced?

All that Google can tell me is that the headline of a, typically hyperbolic, Vogue article about the Vampire's Wife recent collaboration with H&M, was 'The Dress of the Decade Has Hit the High Street'. No mention of there being an actual 'gong' (as SH terms it) or that the reference is to any particular VW dress.

Google also tells me that a few months earlier, Vogue described a different dress as the 'dress of the decade'. The headine of an article - by the same writer - about Realisation Par dresses was 'Forget The Dress Of The Summer, These Are The Dresses Of The Decade'.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.