Sali Hughes #23 Swipe up Sali!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I love that she uses the fact that she can’t see as a reason the foundation must be brilliant. I think we need an independent adjudicator on this one.

The comments on the 2011 Guardian feature are clear: do not disagree. Perfectly reasonable discussion earned a telling off which felt overboard and inappropriate.

I would like to edit some of the Guardian copy. The word ‘simply’ was used 4 times in 3 paragraphs in Sali’s takedown of a dissenting commenter. The takedown is 5 or 6 paragraphs. It made the text seem aggressive, as if it were so important to get her argument out into the world before anyone dared agree with the bad apple, that a read through was out of the question. This is an example of personal feelings taking precedent over professional standards. A theme.

Reactions: 8
I do hope Michelle, who had radical breast surgery to avoid facing breast cancer, and her children do not come across either of the mean comments SH has made. Why punch down? It’s a rubbish line anyway but why not say “90s Paris Hilton” from the neck up?
I think Michelle must be the wrong kind of successful working class to SH.
Edit to add - “her children’s teacher would read how she shared needles...”

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Wonderful language, English.... taupe as in rope, but taut is like tort. I'm more amused than I should admit at the thought of Sali being upset at people mispronouncing her surname, and will now think of her as Sali Hue-gez ;)
Oh it was a big heated discussion over how her name was Sali Uuuuuuuues and was definitely not pronounced Sali Hewes.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Sounds like a pretty standard pronunciation in her "In the bathroom" videos (just did some deep research on Youtube).

Reactions: 8
Did you all see the comments on this article?!
Ive just taken a look. Sali’s harping on about using the zig zag technique when it’s established that that can cause clumping and eyelashes to stick together!! Has anyone watched Hannah Martin apply mascara? She drags the wand through her lashes rather than zigzagging and she always gets a good false-lash effect. Honestly!

Reactions: 6
@GTL Old-Timer I didn’t ever reply to tell you how you look in my mind. You’ve got blonde hair which is in a very chic long Pixi crop/bob. Very well maintained. You have perfect white teeth which may or may not be veneers and you drink your coffee with a straw.

You’ve got good posture, clear skin and you have a lot of presence.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
@GTL Old-Timer I didn’t ever reply to tell you how you look in my mind. You’ve got blonde hair which is in a very chic long Pixi crop/bob. Very well maintained. You have perfect white teeth which may or may not be veneers and you drink your coffee with a straw.

You’ve got good posture, clear skin and you have a lot of presence.
Bless you. That’s very flattering. I do actually have a few veneers, mainly because during The Great Depression™ I let my hygiene and self-care slip. Sadly that resulted in a lot of damage to my teeth. It cost a fair bit to get myself looking how I used to before. And I do indeed have a lob which I am going to dye dark brown at some point. 😘

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Last night I ran out of podcasts to listen to so I downloaded a recent episode of the Emma Guns show featuring Jo Jones ⛄. None of the interview was especially groundbreaking, but I did prick up my ears when Jo mentioned Sali’s “trolling hell” (TM) on a “dragging site”.

Apparently she’d been horrified by the jealous haters 😢, but she doesn’t seem all that nice herself really. In that very same interview she described herself (when running late for something) as “breathing like you’re on a ventilator”. I mean REALLY? Now?

Anyway, just to let you know that the usual suspects are still out there, toeing the party line without a sliver of self-awareness.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 7
Last night I ran out of podcasts to listen to so I downloaded a recent episode of the Emma Guns show featuring Jo Jones ⛄. None of the interview was especially groundbreaking, but I did prick up my ears when Jo mentioned Sali’s “trolling hell” (TM) on a “dragging site”.

Apparently she’d been horrified by the jealous haters 😢, but she doesn’t seem all that nice herself really. In that very same interview she described herself (when running late for something) as “breathing like you’re on a ventilator”. I mean REALLY? Now?

Anyway, just to let you know that the usual suspects are still out there, toeing the party line without a sliver of self-awareness.
Oh no. I always thought she was alright, I liked her honesty on her hair loss and the work (loads) she has done.

Edit: I mean Jo Jones. I know Emma Guns also suffers from hair loss, I find her a bit dreary to listen to so swerve her podcasts as it always just seems to be covert ads for her mates.

Reactions: 1
Oh no. I always thought she was alright, I liked her honesty on her hair loss and the work (loads) she has done.

Edit: I mean Jo Jones. I know Emma Guns also suffers from hair loss, I find her a bit dreary to listen to so swerve her podcasts as it always just seems to be covert ads for her mates.
What has she had done? I know she had a boob job post breastfeeding, and recently she had fillers in her nose...

Reactions: 1
What has she had done? I know she had a boob job post breastfeeding, and recently she had fillers in her nose...
Well, there is a video with Nadine Baggott from maybe a year ago and they go for some procedures together and she basically seems to have all the stuff which is popular at the moment. But, she is someone, like Lisa Eldridge, that looks good on it. Maybe because she has naturally large lips so doesn't get filler there (just my observation, filled lips seem to make for a very "done" looking face).

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.