Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
Yeah we all change our minds but it's the absolutist nature of Sali that grates, she's often written whole articles about why such and such is a no no. I don't think it matters who the ITB guest will be, it will be unwatchable either way

Reactions: 10

Disillusioned

VIP Member
She’s clearly owning her behaviour in that Twitter exchange isn’t she, or saying she did? It’s what she wants from users here right? No anonymity etc, ownership, apologies for the distress it causes her (this is my reading of her position - I don’t really know what I make of any of it).
Owning it to an extent, and minimising it for all she’s worth.

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
I missed you too. Particularly around the time of her various BBC outings. I've always sort of believed in the BBC - in their values and standards - and I was shocked by the way she was given a platform to promote her personal agenda.

I've been very busy but I do mean to write something about it to add to the Wiki.
Yes from little I have gleaned she was given plentiful airtime to whinge about 'my trolls' and I really have no idea why. I know it goes without saying to anyone with half a brain but comment here is solely based on what she chose to put in the public domain. Why the BBC thought her story was worthy of a programme is baffling particularly as it was so shockingly one-sided. Still anything to remain slightly relevant I suppose.

• Sad

Tesla's Ghost

VIP Member
By the end of that new IG video, as the jumper went back to its original form (not an off the shoulder jumper), so did she - couldn't pretend to be excited or "pleased" for an entire 20 minutes by all of the received products, instead she looks like she's handling stool samples, not her peers' latest collaborations. "So much packaging" :rolleyes:

• Haha

rosemarina

VIP Member
I do wonder how much of a vegetarian she really is if she's shilling suede skirts. I get that sometimes there aren't alternatives to leather shoes, but a suede skirt is really unnecessary.

zcfthc5

Chatty Member
ABSOLUTELY, @GTL Old-Timer. This is exactly why some people suspect Sali of dishonesty over undeclared financial arrangements, because she’s travelling 2.5 hours each way to Hershesons for a free haircut WHY?
5 hours plus £40ish train fare (and maybe a taxi or risking the tube in a pandemic) for a free haircut. Anyone normal would just get a full price local haircut to save the faff

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Is there any evidence that the Vampire's Wife dress did win a Vogue 'Dress of the Decade' award - or that there is even such a thing as a Vogue 'Dress of the Decade' award?

I can't see anything on Vogue's webpage or social media about such an award. Perhaps yet to be announced?

All that Google can tell me is that the headline of a, typically hyperbolic, Vogue article about the Vampire's Wife recent collaboration with H&M, was 'The Dress of the Decade Has Hit the High Street'. No mention of there being an actual 'gong' (as SH terms it) or that the reference is to any particular VW dress.

Google also tells me that a few months earlier, Vogue described a different dress as the 'dress of the decade'. The headine of an article - by the same writer - about Realisation Par dresses was 'Forget The Dress Of The Summer, These Are The Dresses Of The Decade'.
Mm good point. I can't find any evidence of it either. I don't get the fascination for those dresses anyway - they all look the same with that horrible ruffle round the bottom and the material always looks naff. However I am no fashionista and therefore know fuck all.

Bazaar99

On the foundation point, I've gone full goth lately and I love it. I want a contrast between my hair and skin. I don't need bronzer. I want my skin to look like skin, it doesn't need 'warming up'. With a wine or burgundy lipstick I feel like Morticia Addams and that is how it should be.

• Heart

Mselvista

VIP Member
And then Sali said in an IG video in the last year or so that she couldn't wear yellow toned foundations. Seriously, my head nearly fell off. Un-fucking-believable

• Haha
  • Wow

Mselvista

VIP Member
The kids say bougie for what we would have said the word "fancy" for. Apparently.
Yeah, I think it was initially an insult but the meaning has changed as it's become appropriated. It's just not a Sali word given her usual jolly hockey sticks vocabulary so using it to describe the contents of a box put together by a black woman and then to say "actually Ateh is quite bougie" is really cringe (to me anyway). It's like suddenly starting yas kweening in the company of black women. I may be off on this but that's how it comes across to me.

• Heart
  • Wow

Enid Swamp

Listen I am not a posh wanker but I say builders tea since all the other wanker teas started turning up everywhere.

Used to just be Breakfast Tea didn’t it? But no. Not saying that unless staying in a B&B preAB (days of yore before Airbnb).

• Haha
  • Heart