Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Leonard

New Sali article on guardian this morning about how cheap is best. So many irritating and lazy things to unpick but I CBA. (Quick synopsis - her love of cheap chocolate is of course included. As are massive gold hoops and leopard print coats. Yaaawwwwn)

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 11

cholulamare

Chatty Member
On the subject of choosing foundations in shades too dark for your skin... Did anyone ever see that video of Molly Mae doing her makeup with something like Mac NC50? I thought it was a piss take when I first saw it, fully lost it. There's a still from it here:

• Haha
  • Wow

Skiddidlydaddle

Chatty Member
I agree, I saw someone comment they had never seen anyone look as good as her in the dress but I thought Kate Middleton wore it better as the style suits a taller, long legged woman.
OMG I hope Sali doesn't read this. It will add fuel to her "they hate me because I'm short" fire.

• Haha

Wolf359

Chatty Member
I loved her hair in the bob that’s still her profile pic. Much chicer and suited her face shape. It looks really thin and straggly when it’s longer.

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
She looks so done in her stories. I honestly believe that nearly all serial botox/ filler users look great for a while and then it all goes a bit death becomes her

• Haha
  • Wow

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
So I’m in thread #7 now and what seems to be happening, er almost exactly a year ago was what some cynically noted was “trolls hate me” crying video followed by “Beauty Banks, I’m helping women” which is so so strange because I was alerted to this whole thing by a friend who said to look at the article re:SH and trolls and at first all I could see was BB being promoted and these things seem to go in pairs. What a coincidence!
Anyway given SHB was a business run by SH and then kind of abandoned, I’m seeing her now as akin to an mlm trying to shut down dissenters (am a bit ellebeau fan)

AdoraDelano

Chatty Member
I definitely lean towards it being fabricated somehow. How did she make contact with this person and why them? Did she not try and ask anyone else these questions? I'm sure someone would have spoken up if they'd be approached.

What she wants us to believe is that she contacted one person from Tattle only to be interviewed, and that that one person agreed, and happened to have no opinion whatsoever on Sali's shilling, but instead disliked her because she was similar to a former friend?!

Very convenient.

Dogmuck

VIP Member
Hilarious that they're trying to fob you off. If it were me I'd say thanks, I will await your response and I can add that to my correspondence with Ofcom should it be necessary to contact them at a later stage".
I’m planning to give it 2 more weeks and then Ofcom. Like Sallie with her BBC buddies I have an Ofcom buddy 😜

• Haha
  • Heart

Mselvista

VIP Member
Haven't read the thread back but noticed some recommendations for podcasts for getting off to sleep. I find Slow Radio good for this (though a lot of episodes feature water which just makes me have to get up to go to the loo). The one below is my go to - it's old machinery banging and typewriters clacking.
Also Max Richter's Sleep which is a classical composition which lasts just over 8 hours and is intended to mimic the pattern of sleep cycles - this helps me get a really deep sleep but I'd only listen when having an early night. It's on Spotify.
You Must Remember This podcast on Hollywood helps me to - I don't think I've ever made it through a full episode which is a shame because it seems really well researched. Her voice is so soothing.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p06mrwzr

Last edited:
  • Heart

Jade Mitzi

VIP Member
She really is queen of spewing endless self-indulgent crap and patting herself on the back for it.

The Observer must have really been struggling today to run that crap. Unless of course they felt the population needed some mindless nonsense to fill their day.

• Haha

Corbyn'sCat

Chatty Member
Oh right! I am not up to date then as the last deep research I partook in (article she wrote and I then read on the subject) stated that she was madly allergic to one of the ingredients in hair dye. This was many years ago though.
She does fib a fair bit though. Remember when she said she was a disciple of squalene but never thought to mention it before her shill piece on it?

• Haha

Mselvista

VIP Member
There must be a boiling piss gag in all this talk of cystitis but I'm far too lazy/stupid to come up with it atm.

Last edited:
  • Haha
We've had our Dualit toaster for twenty years and it's excellent. I'd far rather invest in something that is a design classic and lasts for years than to keep buying and replacing cheap plastic toasters. We buy or bake real bread too. No "plastic" bread for us. Actually I disagree with all her choices and was surprised too that her favourite cheap crisps weren't mentioned. Also, after being left complimentary packets of dried tagliatelle in our hotel rooms in Venice last year, I have realised that with dried pasta you do get what you pay for. This tagliatelle was sublime. All dried pasta is definitely not the same.

• Heart

Skiddidlydaddle

Chatty Member
But @Too Much if I like or love something I also really like or love it. My point is that I don't have to like every single point made on a multiple post, if I even like one point and disagree with another, that's enough for me.
Yes, sorry that's what I meant too. I am not an idiot who puts laughing emojis on something I don't find funny. But, if someone has taken the time to type out something thoughtful, even if I'm not fully onboard I will like it. Love is like strongly agree for me. Angry is usually reserved for the India Knight thread or Sali's more egregious comments.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 10