Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

mindlessness

VIP Member
:unsure:
Dont worry. She'll read here and magically a Rowling post will appear.
Ha! admittedly I am still waiting on her to condemn that criminal husband of her close friend India, after Tattlers pointing out a few times here that she really should!

• Heart
Reactions: 20

Enid Swamp

An extremely successful, wealthy woman who has thousands upon thousands of loyal fans dislikes that 10 people on the internet take issue with some of her output? Is that the crux of it? Said woman has an online history of bullying but that’s ok because Dawn apologised to her?

rosemarina

VIP Member
Well said.

Another mention for her car in the latest video.

Edit: oh wow, she’s pushing Klarna on behalf of Cult Beauty now. Claims that she uses Klarna herself, and indeed bought her Peloton bike on Klarna. At this point in the video she has trouble facing the camera.

Times must be hard if she’s being paid to push Klarna. I’m disgusted.

• Wow
  • Sick

Yel

Chatty Member
I also want to know if there is a legal reason why Tattle’s name was not explicitly mentioned, or was it mentioned on the radio?
No legal reason, Sali just doesn't want people reading it.

Has anyone ever seen a mod go in when a thread is dying to reinvigorate it and tell people it's fine to trash them because they aren't good people who get freebies? Literally that's never happened.

Also we aren't curating content, we just delete the people that do come here to troll as they break the posting guidelines. Like this person this morning:

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
Also: "my online bullying hell and how I conquered the beefy trolls" is a story that paints her in a better light than "disillusioned readers speak up about influencers and their disingenuous tactics"

GTL Old-Timer

VIP Member
Was this on here? Because it sounds pretty bad. I don’t remember it. Maybe there is somewhere else that says this stuff?
I’m Jewish and know that didn’t happen on the Sali threads because I would have flagged it in an instant.

Yel

Chatty Member
It's more lies from Sali that positive comments are deleted. (pretends to be shocked gif)

People that come here to disrupt (dare I say actual trolling, as in the dictionary definition) are deleted.

If someone's first post is calling us jealous or ugly cows or similar then yeah they will be shown the boot.

She is downright making up the "posts are never deleted" - admin or mods here would never say that. It's part of a moderated forum to delete posts that break the guidelines. We'd hardly let people that want to disrupt run riot.

Fans of Sali could start a rave thread, but they haven't and the rare times they posted here was to disrupt this thread.

• Heart
Lol - yes, her odd manner of breathing is something that has been commented on before and does rather affect her delivery, doesn’t it?
Thanks! Yes it’s like she’s hard of breathing because she’s run up the stairs.
I don’t follow her recent threads but I did linger last year after her video about trolls. The things I read here back then, that were backed up by screenshots etc, showed her in an entirely different light and shocked me. She came across as a bully and a liar and she clearly believes that she is the victim in all of this.
I sincerely hope that the guardian article and the BBC radio piece bring people here and they will see that this site is nothing like she describes it. I hadn’t seen that screenshot about Diane Abbott until today and I am disgusted by Sali’s comment, but I am not surprised.
ps. Thanks for having me, I might linger a bit longer ❤

• Heart

Curio

Chatty Member
The thing that has me posting / reading here is the discussion about influencer practices - there are very few places you can talk about it. The personal comments about looks etc I try to avoid. The Frugality thread has gone that way.

The ‘if you don’t like then don’t follow / scroll on by’ suggestion works both ways too, surely. The bit about ‘do it in WhatsApp’ makes no sense. If you’re a new mum, sat at home, reading influencer stuff without realising how much is about selling and feeling like you can’t keep up / getting into debt and depression buying beauty boxes then who exactly are you supposed to WhatsApp? Half the time you don’t fully realise what you’re getting into until you see it discussed in places like this.

On Twitter it’s a lot of people just saying a lot of nice things to her, so that must be validating at least?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19

NotDumbNotBlonde

VIP Member
In Lisa's perfectly lovely bathroom (what IS the matter with Snidey Sal? Anyone would think she was bitter and envious of the success of someone she clearly deems to be her intellectual inferior) Sali said her ideal job would be naming makeup.

Let's make that happen for her!

The low hanging fruit first:

Satisfying Click
Fashion Singular
Donkey's Years
Welsh Cake

I'm sure Tattlers can find more.

• Haha
Regarding the candle nonsense article from the guardian article, I still don’t understand why you wouldn’t take the opportunity to promote small businesses that are probably a) much cheaper and better quality products b) made by people who are probably some of the many struggling to earn money in the pandemic. Might still be out of spending reach for some, but for those who still have a bit of surplus money, who want a treat and who also want to support others, it seems like a no brainier to me. It was black pound day the other day, too, and it’s black history month, so it all could have tied in very well.

Here endeth my one woman campaign to be the next big journo for the Grauniad.

• Heart

Rosie878

VIP Member
I think she’d have liked the prog to be all about tattle but they were the weakest parts. She was on much firmer ground with the MP trolling and the poor girl whose dad had died of Covid and was being told it was a conspiracy by strangers on FB.

If you make a living in the fine line between ‘creating an online community’ and selling stuff then I just don’t think you can ban discussion about yourself on other platforms on the internet. People ARE bitter about being sold stuff under false pretences (not admitting to having Botox) and tbh it’s only going to get worse as inequality increases due to the repurcussions of the pandemic.

Runestone

Well that article was equal parts boring and cringe worthy. Also a lipstick “manages to straddle the line between flattering and cool” because obviously things that are cool are automatically unflattering. How ever did you find such a miracle Sali? 🙄 At least I now know who her writing reminds me of, it’s Jeremy Clarkson with the over the top contradictory descriptions. Its her version of beauty satire a la Top Gear, how could I have missed such brilliance.

Also my vote for makeup name has to include ‘Hiya’.

• Haha

MissD

I don’t normally post on these threads but I read her article and had some thoughts.

The irony is Sali has claimed this site is full of lies and misrepresentations, all while her article is full of misrepresentations of what is said here.

She’s trying to create a narrative about this site that simply isn’t true, and is using her mainstream media platform to facilitate that.

You just have to look at some of the responses under her tweets on the matter to see that many are taking what she has written / said at face value, and think this is a “vile place”.

I remember seeing a tweet after her video last year that said something like “imagine finding out a friend or colleague posted on that site”, and it really made me think about the way this site is portrayed in the mainstream and how it should almost be a dirty secret to post here - I think that’s a shame.

TriviaNewtonJohn

VIP Member
I don’t normally post on these threads but I read her article and had some thoughts.

The irony is Sali has claimed this site is full of lies and misrepresentations, all while her article is full of misrepresentations of what is said here.

She’s trying to create a narrative about this site that simply isn’t true, and is using her mainstream media platform to facilitate that.

You just have to look at some of the responses under her tweets on the matter to see that many are taking what she has written / said at face value, and think this is a “vile place”.

I remember seeing a tweet after her video last year that said something like “imagine finding out a friend or colleague posted on that site”, and it really made me think about the way this site is portrayed in the mainstream and how it should almost be a dirty secret to post here - I think that’s a shame.
If it was what she claims it is I'd never post here.

• Haha

GTL Old-Timer

VIP Member
Klarna is a bloody debt trap!! How can she justify that?! No doubt, they’ll be incentivising her, too. G-d, there was an article in the Guardian about it as well. She really is shameless!

Nect thing you know, she’ll be advertising pay day loans.

• Wow

Sheeeet

Chatty Member
What's the long-term goal? How does this fit in to how she is positioning herself for future work, I wonder?
Like this, but with scrunchies and peloton

00C402D500000190-0-image-a-12_1436306730208.jpg

One for the kids there

EDIT : Roger Cook - investigative journalist with a telly programme, you young scamps

Last edited:
  • Haha