Sali Hughes #21 A Sali by any other name would smell as sweet with pretty bitter topnotes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just watching the insta video on the BBC page. As I said I don’t follow her. That video is completely hysterical and I doubt any lawyer would advise her to read that out especially if they are pursuing legal action

Reactions: 7
Was the video edited? I remember it going on for longer and there being more tears.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Why would Becky be worried about being found out by people here? She makes it sound like it's a scary bullying place.
Wait, what? So she is suggesting that we know Becky's address and IP details and would ask our media friends to send round their paedophile husbands? Come on, Sali. You're getting your stories mixed up. That's not us. That's you.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
So... is this trolling? Or is criticism of something in the public domain allowed if it’s done by Sali?
I’ve no doubt some people on tattle do cross the line and there are some threads on here I don’t visit as I think some posters do go too far. But in my experience if I have seen posts that cross the line and I’ve reported them they’ve always been deleted by the mods.

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 22
So... is this trolling? Or is criticism of something in the public domain allowed if it’s done by Sali?
I’ve no doubt some people on tattle do cross the line and there are some threads on here I don’t visit as I think some posters do go too far. But in my experience if I have seen posts that cross the line and I’ve reported them they’ve always been deleted by the mods.
Yes if she wrote that on here it'd be trolling by her definition.

Reactions: 12
She is right though. Emily in Paris is awful. I hope Lily Collins is now working on her own trolling video. "The troll victim and me, how the abused turned abuser"

She's a bit thick our Sali isn't she. One rule for us and one for Sali.

Maybe Lily Collins needs to do a tearful video.....
Oops sorry @Eurgh posted at the same time.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I couldn’t watch it either. I’ve got a WhatsApp group about it. Wouldn’t dream of being so unkind in public.....🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I couldn’t watch it either. I’ve got a WhatsApp group about it. Wouldn’t dream of being so unkind in public.....🙄
Right, for example talking about it on a public forum like twitter. To a wide audience. What kind of a person would do that???

• Haha
Reactions: 12
So I’ve just read her piece on the BBC News app. I really don’t like the suggestion that she (and others) thinks we are sad, nasty individuals with no value in our life. What a superiority complex to have - and that’s why people talk about her. The same way you would if your boss or friend acted this way.

• Angry
Reactions: 18
Tattle is like gogglebox, not an insane asylum like Sali would like everyone to believe. I'm a bit surprised the BBC is getting involved with what is basically an attack on free speech. There are already laws for stalking, doxxing etc, the idea that any site saying stuff you don't like gets shut down is very dangerous. She's The Guardian version of Katie Price and Harvey's law.
That's before you consider has the bbc been made aware of her twitter antics, bullying, starting pile ons, saying she's doxxed members of tattle.
All this cos some don't like her lipstick recommendations. Sali dear, nobody gets to write their own school report.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I'm not a huge Sali follower but have just read the BBC article and found it really interesting to see this site characterised as 'trolling'. I'm not familiar with the specifics of Sali's situation but I do struggle to know where the line is re participation in Tattle. I'm a lurker on a few threads and I feel that a majority of Tattle participants blindly defend it as vital criticism and holding influencers to account, and all the influencers just mark it as trolling. When actually I think the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Tattle is filled with valid criticism about people who have chosen to monetise their lives and there is some hugely interesting commentary on the phenomenon of influencers. Equally, on every single thread I follow, there is some content that for me crosses a line and makes me feel uncomfortable - some of it is obvious, like attacks on someone's appearance, but some of it is more subtle - I certainly recognised the part of Sali's article where she said it was impossible to win and that once someone has been discussed on this site every little aspect of their lives is up for criticism. I think it's a really interesting topic, and quite fundamental to the 'purpose' of the site - is there a thread anywhere that discusses this in more detail?

Reactions: 23
I'm not a huge Sali follower but have just read the BBC article and found it really interesting to see this site characterised as 'trolling'. I'm not familiar with the specifics of Sali's situation but I do struggle to know where the line is re participation in Tattle. I'm a lurker on a few threads and I feel that a majority of Tattle participants blindly defend it as vital criticism and holding influencers to account, and all the influencers just mark it as trolling. When actually I think the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Tattle is filled with valid criticism about people who have chosen to monetise their lives and there is some hugely interesting commentary on the phenomenon of influencers. Equally, on every single thread I follow, there is some content that for me crosses a line and makes me feel uncomfortable - some of it is obvious, like attacks on someone's appearance, but some of it is more subtle - I certainly recognised the part of Sali's article where she said it was impossible to win and that once someone has been discussed on this site every little aspect of their lives is up for criticism. I think it's a really interesting topic, and quite fundamental to the 'purpose' of the site - is there a thread anywhere that discusses this in more detail?
Before the Internet, you wrote to the editor of a newspaper, or to Points of view on the BBC. Now, the horror, people do not need the BBC or a newspaper to filter/ignore their opinion. It's relatively new, and can certainly be uncomfortable. Everyone online gets told stuff they don't want to hear, didn't Yorkshire tea get abuse for? I don't see marks and Spencer crying about the opinions expressed on their clothing range. Sali, like Mrs Hinch makes money from her online presence, no one has a gun at their head, it's their job. They can choose to accept people having opinions as part of online life, ignore it, get someone else to run their social media. Anything but call for the end of free speech. Oh, a little less hypocrisy would help too.
As for the purpose of tattle, we'll if I put my last two posts up on twitter or insta, they'd get deleted, my account reported. That's why tattle exists.

Reactions: 9
credit to her, she isn’t letting facts get in the way of a good PR stunt.

• Haha
Reactions: 26

Yel

on every single thread I follow, there is some content that for me crosses a line and makes me feel uncomfortable - some of it is obvious, like attacks on someone's appearance
It's a tricky one as everyone has different lines and for many any comments about someones appearance crosses it. But when you make your living by broadcasting your image it's pretty hard to say any talk of appearance is off-limits especially when lots of the conversation is more about being deceitful with their image.

We have very clear lines that no abusive or hateful messages are allowed. It's important to report these and we always deal with them. As a mod one of the most frustrating things is vague complaints that some threads went too far, if they did you need to report them then and there so we can deal with it.

Reactions: 8
She could honestly just accept the fact that a group of people have a witch about her (and sometimes don’t) and leave it at that. That is not what Michael Hogan has just described on Twitter as having an Unimaginably Horrific Time.

Reactions: 7
Correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t see a comment section on Sali’s articles. So you can’t comment on any of her articles, but she also thinks you shouldn’t be able to go anywhere else to discuss?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.