Sali Hughes #18 No valid criticism, just endless speculation about her height and glasses.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't find my hooded eyes unattractive- i like to think they're smouldery Charlotte Rampling bedroom eyes! - but it's annoying that eye makeup creases like mad. I only wear eyeliner now (shadow as eyeliner) and haven't bothered since lockdown. I used to have a terrible weakness for multi eye palettes like the Dior 5 shade ones and couldn't make them show up nicely on my eyes.

The only reason I would ever consider the op is if it really gets too hard to see out (as Caroline claimed). Sometimes I have to raise my eyebrows to see fine detail properly especially when I'm tired.
I don't go in for palettes, but I do like Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Cream eye sticks. Nice range of colours and don't drag on your eyelid too much. I'm wearing a shade called Nude Beach, which is lovely.

Yeah the "wonky" top lip got me too- who has ever looked at someone's top lip and thought it was "wonky", much less noticed it? It's also a bit disingenuous. Anyone has the right to get fillers as a personal choice but why not just say it's to make your lips bigger. Why pretend it's for correction purposes. Again, it comes back to Sali trying to appear effortless and cool.

Reactions: 7
Thing is it's not just Sali. It's everywhere. Hooded eyes, symmetry... We're being bombarded with it _everywhere_.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Thing is it's not just Sali. It's everywhere. Hooded eyes, symmetry... We're being bombarded with it _everywhere_.
But she's so woke, or likes to think she is, that you'd expect her to be in the vanguard of the resistance rather than perpetuating it.

Reactions: 5
Yeah the "wonky" top lip got me too- who has ever looked at someone's top lip and thought it was "wonky", much less noticed it? It's also a bit disingenuous. Anyone has the right to get fillers as a personal choice but why not just say it's to make your lips bigger. Why pretend it's for correction purposes. Again, it comes back to Sali trying to appear effortless and cool.
is the wonky top lip the 'deviated septum' excuse for the lip filler?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
This is what Sali wrote about contouring:

"For someone who adores makeup, I find the current craze for contouring a bit saddening. It appears that not only were our arses too fat and our mons pubis too hairy, but now our heads are the wrong shape, too, and need faceting like an emerald before we can so much as nip to the Co-op."

So using makeup to "contour" is saddening but injectables to correct a "wonky top lip" is fine?

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
This makes me so sad and cross at the world. There is nothing strange about your eyes at all! They’re just eyes, which come in different shapes and sizes. It’s so messed up that perfectly normal attributes become demonised.

I just want to be clear that I’m not having a go at you here! I’m having a go at the world 😂
Eva Green has hooded eyes and looks gorgeous (Lisa Eldridge post). I can’t be bothered with eyeshadow on mine but I’m obsessed with eye liner. Thought I’d grabbed a bargain and feeling v pleased with myself for picking up Kevin Aucion eyeliners in TKMaxx. Shite.

Reactions: 10
This is what Sali wrote about contouring:

"For someone who adores makeup, I find the current craze for contouring a bit saddening. It appears that not only were our arses too fat and our mons pubis too hairy, but now our heads are the wrong shape, too, and need faceting like an emerald before we can so much as nip to the Co-op."

So using makeup to "contour" is saddening but injectables to correct a "wonky top lip" is fine?
I can honestly say I've never contoured my mons pubis. Not even once.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Just read Saturday's article. Does the word 'cheering' have to be in every week? Who says 'cheering' anyway?!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Hello, making my first ever post here. I stumbled on tattler a few weeks ago looking for something else and was shook when I saw the Sali thread and the number it was up to. Had a little look at the most recent thread and have been working my way backwards down the rabbit hole ever since. Still have threads 1-10 to read but so far each thread I open reveals nastier and nastier behaviour.

I’ve increasingly found her tone quite passive aggressive and her lame excuses for not disclosing obvious ads very disheartening. Which is why I unfollowed her recently on instagram. Now knowing just how awful she really is I regret not doing so sooner.

Not sure what I find the most horrifying in her actions. Her close association with a convicted pedophile, threatening to send said pedophile to tattlers homes when he was ‘only’ convicted of assaulting minors, stalking tattlers and liking pictures of their children to let them know she’s found their identities, putting peoples lives at risk so she can eat at a restaurant during a pandemic and encouraging others to do the same despite the government warning against such an action, a week later chucking a fit about people doing exactly what she said they should do the week before, plagiarising an entire charity and passing it off as her own idea right down to coping word for word the originals website. And those are just highlights from THIS year, and not even all of the bullying, lying, and shady business dealings she takes part in.

Plus I still have ten threads to go. 10! Threads! What other terrible tit has she been getting away with all this time.

Sorry if I’m hijacking but I just had to share my shock. In the past I’ve recommended Sali to others and made purchases based on her reviews. I love her ITB series and used to read her guardian column before it devolved into nothing but ads. I’ve increasingly become aware of how shady the influencer world is but I had no idea Sali was included this deeply in that mess.

If you’re reading here Sali which it seems like you do I just want you to know I looked up to you, and I’m really disappointed. Do better.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
It’s arrived and I’ve had my first go on it because I can’t wait. Saw a slight lift after one go, following hot and flashy’s vid. She says with the mini you can lift around the brow bone, which I did - and colour me quizzical! I can’t wait to keep going.

I do feel a bit “buzzed,” and my face feels like it’s certainly had stimulation, the massage and holds are very similar to trad facial anyway, so feels lovely. It’s very relaxing.

One thing I will say is that I don’t really like the gel. I will use it until my aloe gel gets here, hopefully it will be less chemically

• Heart
  • Wow
It’s arrived and I’ve had my first go on it because I can’t wait. Saw a slight lift after one go, following hot and flashy’s vid. She says with the mini you can lift around the brow bone, which I did - and colour me quizzical! I can’t wait to keep going.

I do feel a bit “buzzed,” and my face feels like it’s certainly had stimulation, the massage and holds are very similar to trad facial anyway, so feels lovely. It’s very relaxing.

One thing I will say is that I don’t really like the gel. I will use it until my aloe gel gets here, hopefully it will be less chemically
Avidly reading!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
lab muffin said she'll make a video on the nu face, if she recommends it then i'll put it on my black friday list

Reactions: 3
lab muffin said she'll make a video on the nu face, if she recommends it then i'll put it on my black friday list
I’ve had it on my lust list since last Black Friday and didn’t take the plunge. I remember you got a fab little set!

I only realised I had hooded eyes a couple of years ago, in my early 40s. I wondered what these terrible hooded eyes were I kept reading about and googled the term. I'd had no idea there was anything strange about my eyes until then 😂
Same. A makeup artist in a shop said she couldn’t do much with my eye makeup because of hooded eyes and I suddenly realised there was something ‘wrong’ with them.

• Sad
  • Angry
  • Wow
Same. A makeup artist in a shop said she couldn’t do much with my eye makeup because of hooded eyes and I suddenly realised there was something ‘wrong’ with them.
That's tit make up artist, right there. You can totally work with hoods if you know what you're doing.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.