Sali Hughes #18 No valid criticism, just endless speculation about her height and glasses.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That's tit make up artist, right there. You can totally work with hoods if you know what you're doing.
Yes, it was a good ten years ago but it was like having my eyes opened (ha!) to a perceived flaw. I still don’t think many counter make up artists are trained in hooded eyes.

The results for a google search of hooded eyes and celebrities resemble a who‘s who in the world of Oscar / Emmy / Grammy winning, catwalk walking, Vogue covering beautiful women. Gisele BLOODY Bündchen has hooded eyes! If only I shared a single feature with her, I’d never change that. Only thing we have in common is we use the same brow pencil apparently: Diorshow Brow Styler. 😊

Reactions: 3
I only realised I had hooded eyes a couple of years ago, in my early 40s. I wondered what these terrible hooded eyes were I kept reading about and googled the term. I'd had no idea there was anything strange about my eyes until then 😂
I did not realise I had deep set eyes until a few years ago. Just thought I had eyes and was bad at eyeliner.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Nuface question - do I go for the Mini or get one with all the bells and whistles?
If you go for the Trinity you have to buy the attachments separately and they're not cheap. Depends on your areas of concern. I have the Trinity and the two separate attachments but I'd say you should only buy them if you know you'll use them all.

Yes, it was a good ten years ago but it was like having my eyes opened (ha!) to a perceived flaw. I still don’t think many counter make up artists are trained in hooded eyes.
I find most makeup artists and hairdressers etc are trained in passive aggressive comments

Reactions: 10
I went for the mini to see how I get on with it, if I stick to it etc. If I have success with it, I wouldn’t rule out investing in the trinity tbh

I find most makeup artists and hairdressers etc are trained in passive aggressive comments
If this ain’t the truth. People are appalling. Some of the best MUAs I’ve worked with do bare minimum. They want to help you accentuate your own face, not flummox you into a clown version of someone else’s. Imagine backstage at a catwalk a mua saying they “couldn’t do anything” with the most allegedly beautiful people on the planet?!

Reactions: 9
There was a few mentions of Nars Orgasm here, I absolutely love it. First tried it in my early 20s (so not influenced by Sali) and hated it but I decided to give it another go last year and it's the only blusher I've used since. The first day I wore it last year my boyfriend said I was "glowing"
I've still got my original one. Wonder if I should pull it out and have a play. How long before blusher goes off? :poop:

A quick Google suggests loads of very attractive people have hooded eyes and look beautiful. Mine are slightly hooded and I do not give a fig!

I've still got my original one. Wonder if I should pull it out and have a play. How long before blusher goes off? :poop:
I don't know if I'd recommend it for one that's really old but I actually quite like orgasm as a eye shadow. I use it in the crease with a goldy one on the lid. I think it looks ok.

This is what Sali wrote about contouring:

"For someone who adores makeup, I find the current craze for contouring a bit saddening. It appears that not only were our arses too fat and our mons pubis too hairy, but now our heads are the wrong shape, too, and need faceting like an emerald before we can so much as nip to the Co-op."

So using makeup to "contour" is saddening but injectables to correct a "wonky top lip" is fine?
Her arbitrary lines in the sand are maddening

Reactions: 5
There’s a Bobbi Brown makeup artist that I’ve been served by quite a few times in John Lewis who is now featured on their Insta channel doing tutorials. She was always so rude and dismissive that I almost cringe watching them. There were other really lovely women on the same counter though that were the reason I went there so 🤷‍♀️

• Wow
Reactions: 2
I seriously think any individuality about your face is sexy AF. Scars, lines, wonkiness - just so beautiful. It is so so hard to kick against the pressure to correct these 'defects'. When all the influencers adhere to the mantra of a smooth symmetrical face is the ideal, and try to sell that mantra to you. And lie about it. They thrive on making you feel insecure and inadequate. Sali has been one of the worst for presenting a smooth face and hiding her use of Botox and treatments.

Reactions: 11
Sam Chapman has hooded eyes, as has Katie Jane Hughes - they have lots of tips and tricks for making them up... especially Katie. She has some brilliant tutorials in her highlights.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.