Sali Hughes #18 No valid criticism, just endless speculation about her height and glasses.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sam Chapman has hooded eyes, as has Katie Jane Hughes - they have lots of tips and tricks for making them up... especially Katie. She has some brilliant tutorials in her highlights.
Has Katie Jane Hughes really got hooded eyes? I thought hooded eyes were when the lid is hidden ( like Charlotte Rampling or Emma Stone). KJ Hughes' lids can be seen.

Reactions: 2
Has Katie Jane Hughes really got hooded eyes? I thought hooded eyes were when the lid is hidden ( like Charlotte Rampling or Emma Stone). KJ Hughes' lids can be seen.
Yeah I think I’ve got it mixed up, she’s done tutorials on it ...

Reactions: 3
Hi all. New poster here. Read most of these threads but had to register to tell you reading your comments has influenenced me to buy the nuface mini! Purchased from current body. Has 20% off and discount code JULMINI took another £20 off! £117 total (is hot pink tho). Think code runs out tomorrow.

Re: Sali, went off her with the whole "used squalane for years" and "i'm too cool to proper a mum". These threads make me laugh x

Reactions: 6
Hi all. New poster here. Read most of these threads but had to register to tell you reading your comments has influenenced me to buy the nuface mini! Purchased from current body. Has 20% off and discount code JULMINI took another £20 off! £117 total (is hot pink tho). Think code runs out tomorrow.

Re: Sali, went off her with the whole "used squalane for years" and "i'm too cool to proper a mum". These threads make me laugh x
Oh my gosh. Might have to cancel my look fantastic and order the hot pink one!

Reactions: 1
:ROFLMAO: I'm sure it will be a cheering and a pleasing read!
And welcome! :D
Thank you 😊 I’m enjoying reading tattlers take on things, the comments are always so on point.

@Curio @SqualorVictoria I used to work in a makeup counter and you’re spot on that they don’t teach how to do makeup but attack flaws for sales instead. One of my first lessons was how to offer two products for different ‘problems’ but then take one of the products away. The customer then always would buy both things. Sales is all about psychological warfare.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 16
This thread has me in a daily battle of just complete acceptance of my face versus OMG I WANT A NUFACE!

I wonder if they have a therapeutic effect on migraines? I wonder if I could pretend they do.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Thank you 😊 I’m enjoying reading tattlers take on things, the comments are always so on point.

@Curio @SqualorVictoria I used to work in a makeup counter and you’re spot on that they don’t teach how to do makeup but attack flaws for sales instead. One of my first lessons was how to offer two products for different ‘problems’ but then take one of the products away. The customer then always would buy both things. Sales is all about psychological warfare.
this is really interesting to me. When I was in my first ok paid job I used to buy some bits from Clinique and built up a ‘relationship’ with the sales person there as in we’d talk about things in life etc. Obviously I now know It was all about sales but I was quite naive at 18.

the thing that really effected me though was when I happened to be in Debenhams when a colleague was shopping there. She was obviously quite vulnerable for various reasons. Seeing how the sales person interacted with her and pushed so many products hard made me feel really uncomfortable and I never really bought anything from Clinique again, definitely not from that counter, it was really disheartening to see the manipulation so blatant.

Reactions: 7
The best beauty sales experience I had was when I went into the new boots in Covent garden and asked one of the make up girls about under eye concealer and she talked me out of buying anything, telling me she couldn't see dark circles under my eyes. Love that sweet baby angel.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
@Fenella unfortunately if you last in a sales environment it’s all about making the short term sale over long term customer loyalty, which is a whole rant for another day. Definitely do not recommend Clinique. I did a whole day training with them once and it was nothing but a day of their two pronged approach using skincare in the makeup to hook people in. Despite the fact their skincare is scary harsh, to the point of their cleanser been perfect for washing tarnished jewellery.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
This thread has me in a daily battle of just complete acceptance of my face versus OMG I WANT A NUFACE!

I wonder if they have a therapeutic effect on migraines? I wonder if I could pretend they do.
One of the reasons i haven't bitten yet is that a few people reported worsened migraines. Also some people with deep metal fillings (I spent most of the 1960s eating Sherbet Lemons) experienced unpleasant jangling sensations. I have been trawling reviews most of today! As I'm one of those who always gets every side effect in the leaflet.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
Am tempted by the Nuface Mini, but the Look Fantastic discount has gone down to 15%.
sign up for their emails. They regularly let you know when they have 20% off. If you can wait for Black Friday, do, because they will send you a 25% discount code.

Reactions: 4
One of the reasons i haven't bitten yet is that a few people reported worsened migraines. Also some people with deep metal fillings (I spent most of the 1960s eating Sherbet Lemons) experienced unpleasant jangling sensations. I have been trawling reviews most of today! As I'm one of those who always gets every side effect in the leaflet.
Hmm. I'll hold off (for today anyway!)

Have you tried acupuncture for your migraines? It stopped mine altogether but I've not been able to have a treatment since lock down and have had 3 migraines since April.

I had a terrible migraine yesterday and had the exact same thought when my NuFace arrived and I was trying to ease my guilt. I think relieving tension in the face could possibly be helpful....?

Wrote the above before I saw this. As you can see I did not do my deep research.

Thanks, good to know - I have loads of metal fillings so I think I'll give it a miss. (my wallet thanks you)

Reactions: 1
This exactly me! I'm awaiting with interest Tattlers reporting their results. Though I have lots of metal fillings.

Re make up counters - the one I found worst on a regular basis was Benefit. So pushy. I to my shame remember buying something I knew at the time I didn't need or want because I was too feeble to just walk away. (Dr Feelgood primer - far too mattifying for me which I knew as I handed over my money).

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.