Sali Hughes #18 No valid criticism, just endless speculation about her height and glasses.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Things I've bought on her recommendation:

Suqqu foundation (nice but NOT the Holy Grail)
Givenchy tein couture balm (ok)
Nars TM (nice enough)

Guerlain Meteorites sparkly balls (a firm forum fave - not sure she ever recommended them) - meh
Nars Orgasm blusher - nah thanks

Vichy hydrating serum - stinks
Elnett hairspay - stinks

Mac Ruby Woo - drying as duck
And so many others...
I was so disappointed when I got nars orgasm blusher - it’s very 80s imo and looks so harsh

Reactions: 4
Also hooded eyes here 😕
Theres something strange with how an eye shape has been demonised. (Because a hooded eye can fit less product on? Even though some ethnicities have surgery for hooded eyes as if there is a "good hood" level?) I cant quite articulate why this weirded me out, has a bloke ever complained about the aesthetics of their eyelids?

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Hope I haven't oversold it. I think the way you're approaching it sounds right - more likely to make a difference than a face cream that promises to 'lift' and without the considerable expense (and other concerns) of injectables.
I've just been watching Lisa E's empties and facial massage video and she uses her Nu face, she says she has the mini one too and says it is just as good.
I'm feeling a bit influenced too by here and her - will give it some serious consideration. It looks nice and soothing to use.
I echo others Aude - apply for The Guardian!

Theres something strange with how an eye shape has been demonised. (Because a hooded eye can fit less product on? Even though some ethnicities have surgery for hooded eyes as if there is a "good hood" level?) I cant quite articulate why this weirded me out, has a bloke ever complained about the aesthetics of their eyelids?
I only realised I had hooded eyes a couple of years ago, in my early 40s. I wondered what these terrible hooded eyes were I kept reading about and googled the term. I'd had no idea there was anything strange about my eyes until then 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
I only realised I had hooded eyes a couple of years ago, in my early 40s. I wondered what these terrible hooded eyes were I kept reading about and googled the term. I'd had no idea there was anything strange about my eyes until then 😂
This makes me so sad and cross at the world. There is nothing strange about your eyes at all! They’re just eyes, which come in different shapes and sizes. It’s so messed up that perfectly normal attributes become demonised.

I just want to be clear that I’m not having a go at you here! I’m having a go at the world 😂

Reactions: 11
Yes, I never thought hooded eyes were an issue until SH came along. Then I realised I had hooded eyes and spent ages wondering if I'd look 'better' without. Yet another manufactured problem that women need to spend time worrying about.

That's where I start to confuse myself. SH talks about makeup as creativity, self-care and as a confidence boost. And these are all the reasons I like makeup. I like spending 5mins each morning being tactile with my face, making myself look a bit fresher and 'perkier'.

But worrying about hooded eyes, sagging jawlines, thin lips, etc etc is the exact opposite of the above. It's about conforming to a very narrow, youthful aesthetic. Yet I'm still susceptible to the influencing 🤷🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Getting rid of hooded eyes changes the character of a face completely and can make the person near unrecognisable. NOT shaming anyone who felt the need to do it here!!! But like some of you say above, it’s a manufactured problem, like so many others these days. I’m so glad plastic surgery wasn’t available to me when I was young because I would definitely have had my nose done. Today as an older beef face I can see that my nose is the least of my worries. 😂🤷🏻‍♀️

The number of chins is definitely worse. I might also give the NuFace a go ...

ETA And I’ve always found hooded eyes very attractive. I have a very round eyeshape myself and I think the hooded variety looks more elongated and not permanently startled. It must be the placement of eye makeup that makes the Hood unattractive to some people. They probably haven’t tried putting eyeliner on a round eye. Ends in disaster every time.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Hooded eyes are sexy. Sali hasn't a clue what she's talking about. Wouldn't it be so boring if everyone looked the same.

There was a few mentions of Nars Orgasm here, I absolutely love it. First tried it in my early 20s (so not influenced by Sali) and hated it but I decided to give it another go last year and it's the only blusher I've used since. The first day I wore it last year my boyfriend said I was "glowing"

Regarding the Nuface and tear troughs, the ELE attachment works around the eye area. The mini is definitely just as good, the only drawback is you can't use the attachments. But not everyone wants to be bothered with those anyway.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Hooded eyes are sexy. Sali hasn't a clue what she's talking about. Wouldn't it be so boring if everyone looked the same.

There was a few mentions of Nars Orgasm here, I absolutely love it. First tried it in my early 20s (so not influenced by Sali) and hated it but I decided to give it another go last year and it's the only blusher I've used since. The first day I wore it last year my boyfriend said I was "glowing"

Regarding the Nuface and tear troughs, the ELE attachment works around the eye area. The mini is definitely just as good, the only drawback is you can't use the attachments. But not everyone wants to be bothered with those anyway.
Can you use the ELE on tear troughs???

I second the Nars Orgasm @SqualorVictoria . Refused to try it for years because of the 🙄🙄 Name. But then a MUA in the Nars in Covent Garden put it on my cheeks when I was getting the tinted moisturiser for the first time. I got the ‚You’re glowing’ comments as well so I stuck with it.
(And yes, The Hood IS sexy, complete agreement inside a pair of Sali brackets)

• Heart
This makes me so sad and cross at the world. There is nothing strange about your eyes at all! They’re just eyes, which come in different shapes and sizes. It’s so messed up that perfectly normal attributes become demonised.

I just want to be clear that I’m not having a go at you here! I’m having a go at the world 😂
Don't worry. Didn't think you were having a go 😀 I don't really think there's anything strange about my eyes. I was more laughing at how certain absolutely normal attributes are demonised, as you say, but people with those attributes in the real world are oblivious 😆

Reactions: 2
Getting rid of hooded eyes changes the character of a face completely and can make the person near unrecognisable. NOT shaming anyone who felt the need to do it here!!! But like some of you say above, it’s a manufactured problem, like so many others these days. I’m so glad plastic surgery wasn’t available to me when I was young because I would definitely have had my nose done. Today as an older beef face I can see that my nose is the least of my worries. 😂🤷🏻‍♀️

The number of chins is definitely worse. I might also give the NuFace a go ...

ETA And I’ve always found hooded eyes very attractive. I have a very round eyeshape myself and I think the hooded variety looks more elongated and not permanently startled. It must be the placement of eye makeup that makes the Hood unattractive to some people. They probably haven’t tried putting eyeliner on a round eye. Ends in disaster every time.
I don't find my hooded eyes unattractive- i like to think they're smouldery Charlotte Rampling bedroom eyes! - but it's annoying that eye makeup creases like mad. I only wear eyeliner now (shadow as eyeliner) and haven't bothered since lockdown. I used to have a terrible weakness for multi eye palettes like the Dior 5 shade ones and couldn't make them show up nicely on my eyes.

The only reason I would ever consider the op is if it really gets too hard to see out (as Caroline claimed). Sometimes I have to raise my eyebrows to see fine detail properly especially when I'm tired.

I don't see the problem with hooded lids either - certainly nothing to be corrected as if they are a defect. And Sali's use of lip fillers 'to correct uneven lips' - well obviously that is completely her choice but still a bit sad that something characterful on your face is seen as needing correction - to conform to this mythical 'norm'.
The norm now appearing to be wide-eyed symmetry with plump lips.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.