Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Curio

Chatty Member
Bareminerals fan here. Complexion Rescue is fab as are their lipsticks. My fave lipstick is Swag which is a matte liquid lip colour.
Don't think Sali ever mentions that brand. I really rate them.
I love this thread. :love:
Yes! Love Complexion Rescue, another of my few repeat buys. I usually buy it within a set too where they’ll be a brush or something for not much more than the usual price. Love it.

Reactions: 1

cholulamare

Chatty Member
As I'm sure you know, it's a micro-current device that is supposed to stimulate the muscles to give a temporary lifting effect. I use it consistently and find that it gives a subtle lift. It's not at all painful or unpleasant to use (although I sometimes get a bit annoyed by the stickiness of the gel you have to put on first to conduct the current). The main difficulty is remembering/making time/being bothered to use it.

I only use it on the lower face but I gather it works quite well to give a slight lift to the brow.

I wouldn't have thought NuFace would have a positive impact on tear troughs (which, if I understand correctly, are hollows under the eyes). I think the only 'problems' it could help to address are those caused by a loss of muscle tone and I don't think tear troughs would fall into that category. It may not be worth it for you. The only treatment I've heard of for tear troughs is dermal filler.
Do you have to use a specific gel they make, and is it expensive?

Thanks everyone who has a nuface for all their honest reviews.

I love the Revlon lip butters! I hunt them down on ebay 🤷🏻‍♀️🤪
Oh no, I didn't know they'd been discontinued! I wish they'd keep Candy Apple.

zcfthc5

Chatty Member
If anyone has v dry bordering on cracked lips I found the chanel k-beauty style cushiony tube lipstick was the only thing that didnt make my lips look worse whilst on roaccutane.

(I found nars lipsticks hit and miss, I had an xmas set and they bled on my lips which surprised me because sali always made out like lipstick bleeding only happened to much older women)

Walking around a beauty counter without the colourful testers on displays has made me more aware of the illusions of marketing.

zcfthc5

Chatty Member
It depends. If they contain humectants, they hold moisture to your skin and they do feel nice. Plain water isn’t really worth bothering with.

I like the Omorovicza Queen of Hungary Mist (partly because you seem to get a mini one free in every beauty gift bag ever so I don’t think I’ve ever paid for one). I think they’re CF, but now you mention it, I’m not sure.

My main use for them is either on hot evenings when I’m reading in bed* or on long-haul flights (remember those 😢?), spritzed over some kind of moisturising mask. The scent is innocuous enough not to piss off anybody nearby.

* Hark at moi 💅.
seconding the Omo Queen of Hungary one for being common freebie and an actual mist rather than a spit and unlike the caudelie bottle the Omo one can be refilled with other liquids

AmberSpyglass

VIP Member
I never knew aloe vera sensitivity was a thing! I'm v sensitive with allergies and eczema and my skin loves it. Applied some straight from the fridge yesterday after getting sunburnt (through Clinique SPF 50 mineral fluid :mad:) and it was bliss.
It’s weird , I don’t react to anything else but when I’ve applied aloe in the past I go scarlet and I can feel the heat where it’s been applied.

• Sad

Mselvista

VIP Member
I don’t believe that this artist taught herself to play piano via YouTube and has never had a music lesson in her life. Feels like another thing to make her seem more ‘normal’ like any normal kid from a deprived background should stop complaining and become a professional musician off their own bat.

I haven’t heard her song so have no opinion on it but this group of women only give a leg-up to their own. I’m sick of their fake working-class routes providing cover for them to do whatever they like.
Didn't she go to the Brit school? Or was that the other daughter?

Didn't she go to the Brit school? Or was that the other daughter?
I'm sure I haven't made that up but can't find anywhere that says so.

Last edited:

Mazerati

Chatty Member
Do you have to use a specific gel they make, and is it expensive?

Thanks everyone who has a nuface for all their honest reviews.

Oh no, I didn't know they'd been discontinued! I wish they'd keep Candy Apple.
I've heard people use cheap gels on Amazon, and even aloe Vera.

zcfthc5

Chatty Member
Are either of these anything like Bumble and Bumble Dryspun spray? I love that stuff (the smell is also great) but can't bear spending that much on hairspray (I got some in a deal ages ago but won't be replacing it for £35).

ETA forget the Oribe, I think it's the same price! 😂

Oh wow, never heard of these but it does seem to be an amazing deal for the amount of full size products you get, if you know you want them/would actually use them. Unopened sunscreen has a decent life I think. I'm tempted for the sunscreens, liquid bronzer, natural deodorant, Inkey List serum and eyeshadow pen - which would easily exceed the cost significantly - but don't want to have excess plastic and products I won't use (namely the highlighter palette) lying around. Wish you could just ask them to send you what you want for the same price!
Same! And no matter what Sali says, I doubt the average person using beautybanks would use up the highlighter palette either

Mazerati

Chatty Member
Don't tell me you're bored already! Looks like @RayRayJay ('I'll buy second hand from whoever gets bored first') will be getting a bargain sooner than she thought.

Yes, and don't worry about it feeeling tingly - it's not doing any harm. Just turn it down a notch if it's uncomfortable.
I am NOTORIOUS for picking up hobbies and getting bored. Let's see if this little addition to my routine sticks. I want to do it every night in front of the tv, but then there's the faff of applying and taking off gel. Will it get messy? Do I really want to be standing in front of the mirror an extra 10 mins every day? Decisions decision!

skronkywildcat

VIP Member
If you are caucasian, you need a pinky blusher and a peachy blusher (and maybe a bronzer) and that's it. And a highlighter if you are into that sort of thing. So, four products.

RayRayJay

I may have spoken too soon about decluttering, I'm quite tempted by the stella or style beauty box, the style one is £45 and includes 3 suncreams... Must. Resist. Unopened suncream lasts doesnt it?

(Has anyone tried the Sam McKnight hairsprays? I'm skeptical because Sali recommended them but the packaging does look beaut.)
You've influenced me!
Running low on a few of the items. Great box. Apart from the highlighter that I'll not use but will give to someone who will!