Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

NotDumbNotBlonde

VIP Member
If people like the look but not the feel of applying matte lipsticks, it does help to use a brush rather than "straight from the bullet". I'm one of those on whom any remotely shiny lipstick looks terrible, really 'obvious'.

Reactions: 2
I think my first Sali-influenced purchase was those foul, sticky Revlon Lip Butters. The Facebook group lost their collective mind over them. A form of group madness regularly broke out over certain products, but just as likely started by another member’s rec as SH’s.

View attachment 185281
Yep this was my first Sali-influenced purchase I think! Didn’t get what all the song and dance was about

• Haha

melfish

VIP Member
I only use it on the lower face but I gather it works quite well to give a slight lift to the brow.
It gives too much of a lift to the brow in my case, and makes me look a bit quizzical. I avoid it above the eyes for that reason.
I second that it won't be helpful for tear troughs

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
I have switched to a Dyson since though, it was a birthday present a few years back (so not a Sali influenced buy). I keep the Parlux at my boyfriends place

Lreb88

VIP Member
Not a fan of this new bling vibe she’s going for, looks very chavvy in that latest story.

MakkaPakka

VIP Member
I don't bother with them. I protect my eyes from the sun and at the age of 36 they are only slightly softer than they were so meh, I don't they do anything. Drinking water and actually getting sleep (hard in these anxious times) make the biggest difference to my eyes.

Oh yeah, I saw the ad. Gross.

Aren't pelatons just a massive status symbol? I can workout in my house, get a right sweat on, for free with no equipment (and no orgasm face either....sorry to disappoint). So cycling and posting that, it's just to show off I'm sure.

Also I've just seen this in the grauniad. It really couldn't be a more vacuous piece of nonsense to try to make us still buy products despite possibly having better things to do in a bloody pandemic. I really hate all the "look good for zoom" articles out there, from what I can see my makes colleagues give zero fucks and barely even wash, yet I'm supposed to be putting on mascara when I've but left the house in 12 weeks. Nah.
Worse than Sali's advice (Always have a good brow...) was Jess Cartner-Morleys. What planet does she live on?

• Sad
Reactions: 1

Simplemind

That’s a shame about Nuface , do you mind me asking about your chops. I’m loaded with fillings from my youth and the gadget hasn’t caused me any grief ( only two days in mind).
Sure. I’ve had this thing where the muscles in my face go into constant spasm. It’s incredibly painful so much I ended up in A&E and they put me on fast track for cancer. They had no idea what the problem was. I clamp my jaw when sleeping so probably the cause. You can’t see anything when I had it. Thankfully, finally diagnosed now. Just 2 instances in 3 years but I wouldn’t be keen to set it off again. I found out that Botox works for it and I almost did it but muscle relaxant via Valium sorted it second time. So, wary of the nuface unfortunately.

Sure. I’ve had this thing where the muscles in my face go into constant spasm. It’s incredibly painful so much I ended up in A&E and they put me on fast track for cancer. They had no idea what the problem was. I clamp my jaw when sleeping so probably the cause. You can’t see anything when I had it. Thankfully, finally diagnosed now. Just 2 instances in 3 years but I wouldn’t be keen to set it off again. I found out that Botox works for it and I almost did it but muscle relaxant via Valium sorted it second time. So, wary of the nuface unfortunately.
So nothing to do with fillings - got loads of those too from my youth!

Mazerati

Chatty Member
Please can I ask exactly what the nu face does? I am being tempted. 42, look okay but my under eyes - tear troughs are annoying me.
If you want to see a good video on it check out Hot and Flashy. She raves about it. Won't help tear troughs. I have hollow eyes now. Fillers is only option but I'm just going to live with mine for now. Low down on priority list.

cedarpeach

I think my first Sali purchase was Philosykos. I still like it but don't wear it that often

Funnily enough, I remember the duds more: the Vichy serum that left my skin all flaky, the Ren beauty shot eye lift thingy. Will add more if I remember
I remember the Ren eye cream! Luckily I got a free sample from Mecca first and thank god I did because it was completely crap. It creped up and peeled off straight away, didn’t absorb at all. Would have been shocking under make up.

AmberSpyglass

VIP Member
I do love my Parlux, before that I used to buy a hairdryer once a year as they only ever lasted that long
I’m looking to buy a Parlux, I’ve grown my hair over lock down and it takes ages to dry now. The reviews are consistently good so I’m going in, nowt to do with being influenced I hasten to add.

Aude

VIP Member
Thanks for the explanation. Sounds like a good idea for people who wear make up and need that oil which breaks stuff up well.
It's probably quite a good way of cleansing skin even if not wearing make-up. (I'm a hot cloth cleanser myself but use miceller water from time to time.)

Aude

VIP Member
Do you think that PRs will still send Sali stuff if the column no longer exists? I guess they will as she has enough of a following on her own social channels
I think they send it to anyone who has the platform to shift their product - and SH certainly has through IG.