Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

cholulamare

Chatty Member
WTF that video. I know she says she PAID for the spendy exercise bike but......I can’t understand why she would post a picture of herself working out. There has been a lot of influencers posting pictures of those bikes recently. Like there was lots of them posting pics of those ugg slippers. Of course they may have paid for them but that could be nominal, discounted amount.
This is it. What if (as I suspect) she paid a nominal amount for it - say £100- on the understanding that she'd mention it from time to time? They're all doing it.
I'd be surprised if Sali was chosen for a massive discount from Peloton - they're a prestigious brand and a big deal, so I'm sure there would be more fitting partnerships. They do use influencers though (but say that they don't pay them), so who knows? There will be certain markets/demographics they've identified for potential growth, and Sali's following could be a good fit. Wish I still had a Marketing Week subscription and I could read into them a bit more.

Reactions: 2

Raker

VIP Member
Following on from the prior thread (the one where we found out Catflap Eric is a registered sex offender), I’ve always had too much makeup but due to reading women’s magazines. So, same problem, earlier cause.
LOVE it!!

I have 5-6 foundations, hangover from years ago when I had awful skin and thought I needed to cover it up. Also I do a bit of travel with work (v unglamorous, unfortunately) and visiting family so have e.g. Bobbi Brown stick foundation (no leaks or spills, learnt the hard way) for that. I have a Chanel Vitalumiere for when skin good, and have a MAC prowear for when more coverage required. My main everyday is Nars Radiant Glow tinted moisturiser 💕- it is totally amazing, complete repurchase material. And I’m just finishing off a Perricone no foundation foundation. Probably wouldn’t bother again, it was a duty free purchase on way back from a funeral and I was intrigued....

For the last week I’ve been playing with Heliocare tinted gel cream, as thanks to pushers of AHAs and the like I’ve now got visible sun damage on face 😡, and am being necessarily paranoid. It’s slightly more tinted than my beefy Irish complexion can really deal with, but I like it so far....

I would probably be more influenced to try different foundations if I lived nearer a good supply to try things IRL, as my beefy complexion is difficult to match (I caught the tail end of Prescriptives when I was just starting to buy this kind of thing and MISS IT) and lots of new formulas have things I can’t abide like HA. And silicones, which are a complete no no so I can happily rule out trying things. I will occasionally buy samples on eBsy to scratch an itch though...

Last edited:

crossword

Always love reading about people’s experiences and how they’re coping, @Too Much. So much more interesting than endless buy this - get that - can’t live without guff.

I mean the guff that’s passed of as journalism. Love the product talk on here! 😍

cholulamare

Chatty Member
This from her IG comments is so baffling. Does she now use "glow" interchangeably to mean actual glow, ie something more luminous, and looking more tanned? Can't decide if she's being disingenuous or really struggles that much to find the correct words.

Saw that Becca invisible foundation on an email, looks like a gimmick to me (from someone who wore Natural Collection clear mascara as actual mascara as a teenager)

Attachments

Grizzlybear

VIP Member
I don't think I have enough lip real estate to pull that off
You know all I wanted when I was Young was a demure 20s/30s movie star wry smile. My lips can look quite clownish if painted the wrong way.

Living your best life there 😂
I got wildly addicted to the Chantecaille one in younger days. Alteya Organics mist. £13 for a 500ml (I think?!) bottle. God, it’s glorious

Curio

Chatty Member
There’s a Bobbi Brown makeup artist that I’ve been served by quite a few times in John Lewis who is now featured on their Insta channel doing tutorials. She was always so rude and dismissive that I almost cringe watching them. There were other really lovely women on the same counter though that were the reason I went there so 🤷‍♀️

• Wow

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
Things I've bought on her recommendation:

Suqqu foundation (nice but NOT the Holy Grail)
Givenchy tein couture balm (ok)
Nars TM (nice enough)

Guerlain Meteorites sparkly balls (a firm forum fave - not sure she ever recommended them) - meh
Nars Orgasm blusher - nah thanks

Vichy hydrating serum - stinks
Elnett hairspay - stinks

Mac Ruby Woo - drying as fuck
And so many others...
Oh those sparkly balls! The forum went nuts over those and the compacts. I got the balls but sold them on

I also had Mac Ruby Woo, so uncomfortable. It dragged like nails on a blackboard

Simplemind

Is it okay to wear a spectacle chain please? Or shall I stick to wearing them on my head?
Always thought them incredibly useful but totally naff and a hellfire no go.

• Haha

RayRayJay

This occurred to me, but she’s a grown woman who chose to post that ridiculous performance on Instagram. It’s not as if it the filming and posting was done by a third party without her approval. If lots of people independently think it looks like a cringeworthy homage to Meg Ryan then she doesn’t really have grounds to complain.
True. I was battling with that viewpoint. Just wanted to check myself.
It is a ridiculous performance.