Sali Hughes #18 No valid criticism, just endless speculation about her height and glasses.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I bought one from Cult Beauty - I had a 20 % voucher.

Oh my - it’s no longer the Delia effect - it’s the tattle effect. Will also report back.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
sign up for their emails. They regularly let you know when they have 20% off. If you can wait for Black Friday, do, because they will send you a 25% discount code.
Thanks, but I bit the bullet on the 15% discount and it should arrive today. Sharing it with my mum so the #BeautyMaths (another infantilising and vom-worthy concept) is looking good.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Never heard of this? What's beauty maths?
It was all over GTL/SHB. It’s how you justify spending huge amounts on a product you want by saying ‘I have a 20% discount, plus my SpaceNK loyalty points and I didn’t buy the Guerlain Clé de Shite I had my eye on last month so yay! #BeautyMaths #Winning’

Tbf, I don’t think it originated with Sali.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Hmm. I'll hold off (for today anyway!)

Have you tried acupuncture for your migraines? It stopped mine altogether but I've not been able to have a treatment since lock down and have had 3 migraines since April.
My migraines dramatically decreased in frequency after menopause, the threshold is now higher and it's more down to management of triggers like dehydration, missing meals. The biggest trigger is stress, the headache hits after the stress has stopped (had a dreadful one after a difficult family situation recently). I'm emetophobic so will do anything to try and avoid getting to stage of "bucket beside the bed".

One thing which did reduce them was pregabalin but it's a horrible drug and withdrawal from it was a nightmare so I am not sure I would recommend it.

Reactions: 5
After reading the hooded eye chat came here to post about Katie Jane Hughes's brilliant eyeliner tutorials, but I see @Badabing101 beat me to it!
Has Katie Jane Hughes really got hooded eyes? I thought hooded eyes were when the lid is hidden ( like Charlotte Rampling or Emma Stone). KJ Hughes' lids can be seen.
There are different degrees of hooded-ness; KJH's are definitely only slightly hooded at the corners, but her tutorials explain how to do eyeliner for your own eye shape, not just hers - but obviously using herself as an example. I think they can become more hooded as you get older as well - I've always loved flicky eyeliner, but I'm finding it harder to do now (mid-30s) then when I was 20, and eyeshadow pens transfer on me so much more now so they're definitely getting 'worse'. I'll probably have full Rampling eyes when I'm 50 (but less beautiful). I agree with those who have said hooded eyes are no less beautiful and shouldn't be seen as something to be fixed, but it is just a bummer sometimes that I can't do my makeup the way I want to!

Someone also mentioned the weirdness of pores being seen as a bad thing, and KJH is also great on this, she posts a lot about trying to normalise skin texture and visible pores. Easy to do when you're as gorgeous as she is, but I appreciate the sentiment and she has some influence. Makes a change to all the weird, airbrushed, totally matte with a perfect stripe of shiny highlighter faces you see all over IG.

Enjoying all the Nuface intel and influencing, and looking forward to seeing how everyone gets on! Thank you @Aude in particular for informative posts. As long I can use plain old aloe vera gel, I'm in.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
It was all over GTL/SHB. It’s how you justify spending huge amounts on a product you want by saying ‘I have a 20% discount, plus my SpaceNK loyalty points and I didn’t buy the Guerlain Clé de Shite I had my eye on last month so yay! #BeautyMaths #Winning’

Tbf, I don’t think it originated with Sali.
I think it originated on Handbag!

I have some old metal fillings and don't get any twinges from them when using NuFace.

Although I only use the NuFace on my lower face, during lockdown when I was overdue my regular Botox appointment I used it for a little while on my forehead. I found that it was less pleasant to use on the forehead. Presumably because there's less padding there. I could feel the current a bit (which I don't on the lower face) so had to add more gel which was then getting into the hair line. You can lower the current (I always have it on maximum) which might have helped if I'd remembered.

It hasn't ever triggered a migraine with me but I can see how it might if used around the eyes by someone susceptible.

On migraines, I went through a stage a few years ago of getting them quite frequently. I'm pretty sure the cause was a type of sweetener I was using (sucralose, marketed as Splenda). Before I'd worked out the cause (and stopped using the sweetener) my GP advised that as soon as I feel a migraine starting to take 3 x 300mg soluable asprin. I don't know if that's a well-known tip but I found it stopped the migraine from developing.

I have just caught up on this thread. What a joy. I sniggered at remembering the 80s and 90s trends. I wore Clinque Black Honey on my wedding day, really liked it. On a lip tip - Lipstick Queen 'Medieval' is a pretty good red and might suit a lot of people, it is a kind of sheer slick as opposed to a thick red. In fact I am going to dust mine off.

I have never got on with Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk either (or any other lipsticks by her) it feels dry and heavy and is just meh and makes my lips blend into my 'beefy face'. And those Guerlain pearls, I remember being in duty free on a cross channel ferry being transfixed by them. Never bought them because they were more expensive than a house and stunk like parma violets. In fact a lot of Guerlain products smell like parma violets, I really like the lingerie du peau cushion foundation and, dear lord, the smell!

I am off to read up on the NuFace, you smashers have me intrigued and I have been reading the thread and massaging my jawline :ROFLMAO:

• Heart
  • Haha
And those Guerlain pearls, I remember being in duty free on a cross channel ferry being transfixed by them. Never bought them because they were more expensive than a house and stunk like parma violets. In fact a lot of Guerlain products smell like parma violets, I really like the lingerie du peau cushion foundation and, dear lord, the smell!
Never knew this! How horrendous :sick:

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.