Sali Hughes #18 No valid criticism, just endless speculation about her height and glasses.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They're not even bothering to waste money of a sub editor for her column, are they?

"Regular skincare products, such as serums and moisturisers, can do this, of course – mists are entirely optional – but there is something cheering and mollifying about a quick spritz, particularly in the midst of a heatwave, hormonal hot flush, workout, bout of fatigue or plain old afternoon slump."

Reactions: 4
They're not even bothering to waste money of a sub editor for her column, are they?

"Regular skincare products, such as serums and moisturisers, can do this, of course – mists are entirely optional – but there is something cheering and mollifying about a quick spritz, particularly in the midst of a heatwave, hormonal hot flush, workout, bout of fatigue or plain old afternoon slump."
I thought she wasn't there yet 😏

• Haha
Reactions: 9
So snippy: "One can, as someone cross will inevitably tell me on Twitter, use plain water and a plant spray but, actually, skin will be no better hydrated than before and very possibly drier."

Been steadily influenced by you lot since around/just before Xmas on the nuface.. finally bought it. Can’t wait! Look fantastic have 20% off it at the mo. My skincare routine is so minimal now, I would have spent that in a month in another life. On one cream probably.

Anyway - also came to sneer at CT; I’ve been using up small sizes of two of her mascaras as I have run out of my usual. My god - the fall?! It’s embarrassing? In my own home after 2 hours I look like my former goth self at a sweaty gig? I literally may as well smear it on my under eye area. tit quality. I have never rated any of her stuff, I’ve had £5 mascaras behave better.

Reactions: 6
One can, as someone cross will inevitably tell me on Twitter, use plain water and a plant spray but, actually, skin will be no better hydrated than before and very possibly drier.

god that's bitchy

Anyway, I get that these mists might feel nice, not convinced they're actually moisturising cause they'll evaporate too and moisture needs to be locked in...(at least on my face)

Been steadily influenced by you lot since around/just before Xmas on the nuface.. finally bought it. Can’t wait! Look fantastic have 20% off it at the mo. My skincare routine is so minimal now, I would have spent that in a month in another life. On one cream probably.

Anyway - also came to sneer at CT; I’ve been using up small sizes of two of her mascaras as I have run out of my usual. My god - the fall?! It’s embarrassing? In my own home after 2 hours I look like my former goth self at a sweaty gig? I literally may as well smear it on my under eye area. tit quality. I have never rated any of her stuff, I’ve had £5 mascaras behave better.
The Nuface is worth every penny!

So glad to see other Ren eye lift victims. This is like a support group

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
She has done this exact same column two or three times before. Spray - unnecessary - cheering - fridge 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I bought the Bobbi Brown concealer duo. Was not creamy enough. And the powder on top was too dry.

Reactions: 2
Wonder what she got for that? Shameless
I don't think she would have been paid (if that is what you were wondering). I don't think she would ever have accepted direct payment - actual money - for recommending something in her Guardian column.

So snippy: "One can, as someone cross will inevitably tell me on Twitter, use plain water and a plant spray but, actually, skin will be no better hydrated than before and very possibly drier."
Well they can’t say it in comments on the Guardian article anymore..

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Things I've bought on her recommendation:

Suqqu foundation (nice but NOT the Holy Grail)
Givenchy tein couture balm (ok)
Nars TM (nice enough)

Guerlain Meteorites sparkly balls (a firm forum fave - not sure she ever recommended them) - meh
Nars Orgasm blusher - nah thanks

Vichy hydrating serum - stinks
Elnett hairspay - stinks

Mac Ruby Woo - drying as duck
And so many others...

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Things I've bought on her recommendation:

Suqqu foundation (nice but NOT the Holy Grail)
Givenchy tein couture balm (ok)
Nars TM (nice enough)

Guerlain Meteorites sparkly balls (a firm forum fave - not sure she ever recommended them) - meh
Nars Orgasm blusher - nah thanks

Vichy hydrating serum - stinks
Elnett hairspay - stinks

Mac Ruby Woo - drying as duck
And so many others...
Oh those sparkly balls! The forum went nuts over those and the compacts. I got the balls but sold them on

I also had Mac Ruby Woo, so uncomfortable. It dragged like nails on a blackboard

If people like the look but not the feel of applying matte lipsticks, it does help to use a brush rather than "straight from the bullet". I'm one of those on whom any remotely shiny lipstick looks terrible, really 'obvious'.

If people like the look but not the feel of applying matte lipsticks, it does help to use a brush rather than "straight from the bullet". I'm one of those on whom any remotely shiny lipstick looks terrible, really 'obvious'.
I'm a matte fan too (even though I'm over the age of 30 and Sali thinks that's a no no), glosses and shiny lipsticks look awful on me. I just find Ruby Woo far too drying though

Reactions: 3
Yes, what was it about the sparkly balls? Everyone comparing and going out together to buy them. And the Lancôme (Was it Lancôme?) lipstick that had the mirror in it? I bought one in that colour that everyone said was a perfect summer lipstick for everyone, sort of pink/coral. I looked like tit and it’s the most expensive lipstick I’ve ever chucked out

I really liked the Suquu foundation and hot cloth cleansing in general. I’ve never been bother about any blusher, so they’ve all been a bust. And that Vichy serum was bollocks. I found Chanel lipsticks bled really badly on me, don’t know why. I used to literally go out and buy whatever Sali recommended that week. It’s 10.45 now and 8 years ago, I’d have already been at the shops

• Haha
Reactions: 5
One can, as someone cross will inevitably tell me on Twitter, use plain water and a plant spray but, actually, skin will be no better hydrated than before and very possibly drier.

god that's bitchy

Anyway, I get that these mists might feel nice, not convinced they're actually moisturising cause they'll evaporate too and moisture needs to be locked in...(at least on my face)
Dr Dray's latest video got in just before Sali with '10 unnecessary products' including why rosewater sprays are not great for your skin. But sali will think shes just cross and doesnt care about skin at all 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I bought myself a Matte lipstick yesterday for my thin lips. It's berry coloured. Two fingers up to anyone who says Matte is wrong.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.