Sali Hughes #16 The sell-out who couldn't sell out, and that is a legal fact.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yup, looking a little red around the neck in that video and today’s Guardian piece is on sunscreen, how apt!

• Wow
Reactions: 2
“One should be diligent about getting essential rays, while never being without reliable sunscreen for anything more.“

Does she mean to sound like a Skincare Fanny Cradock?

• Haha
Reactions: 11
But what is the 'anything more'? How does one know when one has been suitably diligent about acquiring (getting is so common, doesn't one think?) essential rays? And what are essential rays and how does one sift them from non-essential rays?

So many questions...

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Today's sunscreen column:

"-even, if you'd like something a bit more, as my kids would say, "bougie" for yourself"

I had to google the definition of "bougie"

1) People pretending to (or think they are) high class and but they're really not (or don't realize they aren't)

That's a direct quote so the spelling and grammar mistakes are not mine.

2) A thin, flexible surgical instrument for exploring or dilating a passage of the body.

Is there another definition of "bougie" that I'm unaware of???

Reactions: 1
Sali has probably loved Fanny Cradock for ever. #NanaChic #CampIcon

Today's sunscreen column:

"-even, if you'd like something a bit more, as my kids would say, "bougie" for yourself"

I had to google the definition of "bougie"

1) People pretending to (or think they are) high class and but they're really not (or don't realize they aren't)

That's a direct quote so the spelling and grammar mistakes are not mine.

2) A thin, flexible surgical instrument for exploring or dilating a passage of the body.

Is there another definition of "bougie" that I'm unaware of???
I think it’s used to mean aspirational and middle-class. I assumed it’s from bourgeois?

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Bougie is a ‘thing’ to say at the moment but it’s been around FOR YEARS.... in fact I’ve been saying it for years, because I know. Ok?!! 😂

PS - there’s a disco record from the 70’s which is called Bourgie, Bourgie which is where I first came across the term*

I am very tempted by the Mac blushers, I’d heard Lindsey Kelk talk about the on the Full Coverage podcast a few weeks / months ago and thought they sounded good, but on hearing that Rimmel or Maybelline or someone do one similar I think I will try one of those.

*this is actually true 🤣

“My focus on my charidee work is sooo tedious, I do realise that, but what can I do? I’m a bleeping Skincare Saint 🤷🏻‍♀️

041ACCC5-9DF5-490B-9835-5BF6C7A87B6D.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I guess she learnt a lesson from Laverne To Creative To Look At The Books there. Heartening to see a creative take responsibility as a Director (or whatever) for financial accounting.

Jesus, the person who asked the perfectly polite question ended up feeling so small. That's the Sali Hughes effect

• Angry
Reactions: 19
Jesus, the person who asked the perfectly polite question ended up feeling so small. That's the Sali Hughes effect
Yeah, they always end up tying themselves in knots to apologise to her for asking totally innocent questions. Why she thinks it's to be a passive-aggressive hole to the people actually paying for things

Pleb: Hello Sali, where is your foundation from
Sali: Look, as I've ALREADY told everyone, I was rescuing kittens and dropping off beauty boxes to ICU and sponge-washing your nan. I cannot do everything *takes to bed like Mrs Bennet and her nerves/nervo*

Blue ticker: Hughes, Ginsberg is God and you are a knob
Sali: Hahahaha! I love you, wanker

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
It’s so true.

I fully expect Sali is only talking up retinols so she can create demand, then start flogging that online dermatologist they all shill for. Caroline Hirons does it as well.

Reactions: 5
#Free Advertising for all brands apart from AVEDA and AHC who I have worked with commercially in the past 12 months

That is what the disclaimer should say if it was FULLY transparent. I have noticed German influencers are starting to redefine advertising in this way rather than it is ONLY adverting if l am paid for that specific content. If they upload a post and tag a brand but are not paid to do so = FREE ADVERT

Advertising should be redefined and the ASA is trying to implement changes. But ....

Attachments

Reactions: 5
Omg her answer 🤦‍♀️
Would it really be so very hard to say something like: 'Hiya, thank you so much for your interest - yes I've been working on it and it should be up soon. Sx'

She was nicer when she had the CB box to flog wasn't she?

And though I must say I am quite intrigued by the non-bougie £4 sunscreen I don't know that we needed 2 long paragraphs explaining why we need it? Surely everyone knows don't they by now?

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.