Sali Hughes #16 The sell-out who couldn't sell out, and that is a legal fact.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Another prediction... In the last week she’s included AHC skincare twice in Instagram posts, adding that she’s “worked commercially with AHC in the last 12 months”. A quick bit of deep research tells me that AHC is a Korean beauty brand that she hasn’t mentioned elsewhere or before. I bet that commercial relationship is actually very recent and that we’ll be hearing a lot more about AHC from La Hughes in the near future...

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Bougie is a ‘thing’ to say at the moment but it’s been around FOR YEARS.... in fact I’ve been saying it for years, because I know. Ok?!! 😂

PS - there’s a disco record from the 70’s which is called Bourgie, Bourgie which is where I first came across the term*

I am very tempted by the Mac blushers, I’d heard Lindsey Kelk talk about the on the Full Coverage podcast a few weeks / months ago and thought they sounded good, but on hearing that Rimmel or Maybelline or someone do one similar I think I will try one of those.

*this is actually true 🤣
I‘m very tempted by the MAC as well and only yesterday I bought Dr Bronner‘s Marzipan smelling soap on Sali‘s recommendation. It’s actually lovely. For a bar soap. 🤣🤣
So I seem to be a lost cause, still easily influenced, but I used to adore Sali and hang onto her every word.
To be fair, most things I’ve ever bought on her recommendation worked really well for me and if it hadn’t been for Sali I‘d never have found them. My top three: Becca undereye corrector (I have dark purplish-grey circles verging almost on black on a bad day), Clinique Lash Power Mascara (doesn’t add more black to the Dark circles), Thierry Mugler Cologne (Cringey description with a lot of „filthy“ and „up to no good all day“ thrown in, but she still managed to convey the exact type of smell which is totally brilliant and right up my street). The worst disappointments have all been Charlotte Tilbury products - didn’t get on with some of those at all, some gave an average performance.
🤷🏼‍♀️

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
Bougie is a ‘thing’ to say at the moment but it’s been around FOR YEARS.... in fact I’ve been saying it for years, because I know. Ok?!! 😂

PS - there’s a disco record from the 70’s which is called Bourgie, Bourgie which is where I first came across the term*

I am very tempted by the Mac blushers, I’d heard Lindsey Kelk talk about the on the Full Coverage podcast a few weeks / months ago and thought they sounded good, but on hearing that Rimmel or Maybelline or someone do one similar I think I will try one of those.

*this is actually true 🤣
Michele Wang who I find very honest, recently did a video slaying they disappear.

Reactions: 3
Another prediction... In the last week she’s included AHC skincare twice in Instagram posts, adding that she’s “worked commercially with AHC in the last 12 months”. A quick bit of deep research tells me that AHC is a Korean beauty brand that she hasn’t mentioned elsewhere or before. I bet that commercial relationship is actually very recent and that we’ll be hearing a lot more about AHC from La Hughes in the near future...
You beat me to it.She’s setting the scene for another of her “I have long been a fan of [x,y or z brand]”.

Reactions: 7
You beat me to it.She’s setting the scene for another of her “I have long been a fan of [x,y or z brand]”.
What you all said.

"The perfect aqua-gel texture to soothe and cosset [:sick:] when the skin is adjusting to that early phase of tretinoin"

One slots beautifully with the other

FML I looked at the website. 'French sea water' listed among the ingredients :ROFLMAO: Forgive me, I didn't take geography further than year 9, but I don't think that's how water works

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Her column- wow! Quoting some medical guff from last year, when there is a current inquiry into why so many BAME people are dying of Covid and its links to vitamin d? Not to mention people in nursing homes who hardly see the sun.. but WRINKLES! Her vanity and tone deafness is astonishing.

More’s the point that Ultrist stuff congeals and separates after a month. i wonder how much they paid her?

And yes bougie comes from bourgeoise, origins of current use comes from african american slang just means fancy/posh now. She is so down with da kidz.

As for the apartment- like the basic decor but paying over 3 mill for something with those tacky logos over it? Nah. Good point re Savillies hunting ground. Probably hunted by him. :sick:

Reactions: 6
AHC just sponsored a Nadine Baggot video for a uk launch...

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 4
Yep, and she posted a video on retinol a week ago. And in a post featuring AHC, Nadine said this video contains a partnership with AHC but I am not being paid to post this

I mean, how stupid do they think we are?

Reactions: 8
For anyone interested, Sarah Jossel (The Style editor) is doing a Live on Instagram with Lisa Eldridge at midday tomorrow which might be fun and light hearted.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Hi all, I’m looking for a tretinoin cream and a poster upthread mentioned Obagi . I can’t find it online , only the 1.0% and I read that one should start on 0.025%, is that right ?

Does anyone know where to buy it from , I’m going round in circles and if anyone has any advice I’m all ears .

Thanks in advance.

I use prescription tret in the winter. No fancy scent or packaging but does the job for a couple of pounds.
I got my last tube from a friend on holiday.. don’t suppose that will be happening again anytime soon!
you can get it over the counter in spain and in various other countries (mexico, india etc). United pharmacies sell it online and other pharms.

Reactions: 1
I use prescription tret in the winter. No fancy scent or packaging but does the job for a couple of pounds.
I got my last tube from a friend on holiday.. don’t suppose that will be happening again anytime soon!
you can get it over the counter in spain and in various other countries (mexico, india etc). United pharmacies sell it online and other pharms.
Cheers, united pharmacies you say, I’ll have a nosey 👍

Michele Wang who I find very honest, recently did a video slaying they disappear.
Good to know thanks! I genuinely don’t need another blusher..especially one that costs 23 quid. will have a look at the Michelle Wang review. Did anyone watch the Mary Greenwell make up igtv today?

Oh FFS.

ETA - that’s not aimed at what you said :) it’s aimed at the bloody brands who are so blinded by REACH AND AUDIENCE size they are forgetting that people can see straight through them

Reactions: 2
Thanks from me too, should have known really, creme blush always diesappears on me, too. That's why the new sounding gel-formula sounded intriguing but will give it a miss now. Like @Badabing101 said: no need for any more blusher anyway. Off to watch the Mary Greenwell...😊

The AHC thing - wouldn't it be wonderful if for once Sali could force herself to be even slightly critical? Her get out clause for anything approaching criticism will be a timid - 'well it wasn't moisturising enough for my extremely dry skin - but if that is your bag, then go for it absolutely'.
And yes they think we are idiots unable to join the dots between the various influencers paid to flog this stuff.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.