Sali Hughes #16 The sell-out who couldn't sell out, and that is a legal fact.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just saw her IG video. Was that concealer shade and application on purpose or? Also, did she describe those blush sticks as sturdy sticks of loveliness? Of course, my mind is always in the gutter so this one could be just me.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
Sorry to go a bit OT but what retinoids would you recommend? I always research and can never decide which to go for..
I use Obagi prescription strength tretinoin, I think it's 0.1% - it's powerful, but I only need to use it twice a week and I get results. Before that I have used Medik8 and the one in the purple container by Paula's Choice :)

Reactions: 1
Just saw her IG video. Was that concealer shade and application on purpose or? Also, did she describe those blush sticks as sturdy sticks of loveliness? Of course, my mind is always in the gutter so this one could be just me.
Bear that in mind for a next thread title!
Yes I found her eye concealer, erm, interesting.

Reactions: 4
Just saw her IG video. Was that concealer shade and application on purpose or?
I've just looked and WTAF. We're all capable of making a mistake like that in poor lighting I suppose, but as a former MUA and self-positioned beauty expert how has she watched that video back and not thought "duck, look at the state of my concealer - I'd better fix this and re-record"?

Whats up with the clump of her hair sticking up at the top? Looks damaged from #presstreatments

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Whats up with the clump of her hair sticking up at the top? Looks damaged from #presstreatments
Oh dear - I used to have that - not from £300 #presstreatments I hasten to add.
I used to sleep with my hair tied up in a top knot on top of my head thinking it would keep it out the way but it just made my hair snap off over a period of time. It took forever to grow back too.
I actually now remember Sali subsequently recommending sleeping with a topknot to have curly hair in the morning - I remember thinking at the time it was a mistake.

Reactions: 2
Looks a little sunburnt too. *edit - ah just saw the trump post

"I just bought three mac blushers to add to my 500+ blusher collection" 1 min later
"I cringe at the extra plastic when I see a product from this other brand"

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Haha
Oh dear - I used to have that - not from £300 #presstreatments I hasten to add.
I used to sleep with my hair tied up in a top knot on top of my head thinking it would keep it out the way but it just made my hair snap off over a period of time. It took forever to grow back too.
I actually now remember Sali subsequently recommending sleeping with a topknot to have curly hair in the morning - I remember thinking at the time it was a mistake.
Oh yes, wasn't that some volumising trick? Put dry shampoo on hair and bundle it up in a scrunched?

Reactions: 3
Oh yes, wasn't that some volumising trick? Put dry shampoo on hair and bundle it up in a scrunched?
I tried multiple times to follow what she meant in this column, and I don't know if it was just me who found it confusing but I only ever succeeded in looking like I'd been dragged through a hedge backwards - thank duck I didn't fully buy in and purchase the £40 scrunchie she recommended in the same column (unbelievably and to my shame I was considering it, that's how much I still valued her advice).

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
I’m actually shocked Hughes has applied her make up so badly and left it ....to film in!!😲

What would Lisa Eldridge say ( we’ll never know because she’s discreet , flawless and has class)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Also, she can frown now. A weak dilute of frown obviously.

And a major benefit of that ultra pricey blusher is that it’s very small?? 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 6
"So so so expensive" but great because its "easy to throw in your bag" [and loose so you have to buy another]

"buy it if you want something luxurious" but what makes it luxurious?

• Haha
Not only that, but so small, you can just chuck it in your handbag!

Because the type of person who can afford £60 on a tiny blusher is going to be on-the-go during a pandemic :rolleyes:

Reactions: 5
Is it £60 or is it £40?? No one knows. And if you have to ask then you’re not the type of luxe customer Cle de Poo are looking for.

Not only that, but so small, you can just chuck it in your handbag!

Because the type of person who can afford £60 on a tiny blusher is going to be on-the-go during a pandemic :rolleyes:
Caitlin.

• Haha
  • Heart
I haven't felt the need to use a handbag since early March. Also, I do wear blusher, but why do I need to carry it with me now?

(I do look like a sack of spanners.)

• Haha
I can not imagine ever spending £60 on a blusher. There are some amazing ones that are only a few quid!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.