Sali Hughes #14 Went to the pub during a pandemic, for real! Never mind, feel as you feel

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@AmberSpyglass so sorry to hear about your Dad, what a worry for you! I hope things improve for everyone soon.

I've been following the Jack Monroe saga, after her appalling twitter strop about Jamie Oliver. Her and Sali seem to be two peas in a pod. Neither are strangers to a bit of hyperbole or deign to read here. Naturally they both have friends and family who keep them updated on the dreadful things we are saying because that is what good friends do 😏.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I love Tattle! I know Sali and her ilk would think I'm weird for liking "internet people" but there you go!
Oh the irony of this when didn't Sali meet her husband on Twitter ?!

@AmberSpyglass what an awful time you are having. It's so stressful to watch a parent go through this and not have a solution. And not to make light of your situation but isn't this a prime example of the fact that a red lip, and a splash of Chanel just won't cut it in these circumstances (however nice they may be). Sali's latest posts are so tone deaf and I really think the whole Beauty Bank escapade is yet another self serving exercise.

Reactions: 3
Sali strongly disapproves of sourdough. It is one of her quirks.
As if she’s eating a warbutons toastie loaf though. Trying to a time like she’s not down with the bourgeoisie, but she probably eats proper wanky Brighton bread.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
You lot absolutely make my day! Proper, proper funny. Thank you x

Totally agree about Sali & Jack being two peas in a pod. Both so defensive, with adoring flying monkeys who leap to their defence. Plus the working class BS (and the utter shamelessness when it comes to slagging off someone else to the extent they gain work from another’s trashed reputation).

Reactions: 7
So sorry to hear that @AmberSpyglass, colon cancer websites may have support advice as its a common symptom with from that. Wishing for free Moet for you <3

Reactions: 1
So sorry to hear that @AmberSpyglass, colon cancer websites may have support advice as its a common symptom with from that. Wishing for free Moet for you <3
Thanks, I’ll look into that , today has been a better day for my Dad , he’s brighter eyed and no soiled accidents , he reached the toilet 🥰😍🥰😍 so I take all the positives 😁😁😁.

Moet , you say🍾 . I might open my bottle from Christmas .

I need to have a serious word with myself when we get back to ‘normality’, the detox is beckoning because I’m tanking it atm.

Thanks againTattle friends, you’ve given me an online virtual boost that is priceless .

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Thanks, I’ll look into that , today has been a better day for my Dad , he’s brighter eyed and no soiled accidents , he reached the toilet 🥰😍🥰😍 so I take all the positives 😁😁😁.

Moet , you say🍾 . I might open my bottle from Christmas .

I need to have a serious word with myself when we get back to ‘normality’, the detox is beckoning because I’m tanking it atm.

Thanks againTattle friends, you’ve given me an online virtual boost that is priceless .
It's the little things!

Don't be too hard on yourself detox-guilt wise. Imagine if we weren't social distancing, thats say 6 big sunny weekends worth of social drinking you haven't had - or paid pub prices for.

(A medic mate has a theory that its healthier to 'semi binge' on a few days as long as you have a few days off regularly, rather than the little and consistent french stereotype - but that it would be impossible to present that theory to the general public without condoning full on binge drinking).

Reactions: 3
@AmberSpyglass virtual hugs. My elderly dad had C diff a while back, and had the most toxic faecal issues. He was on death’s door for a while, but honestly it was the indignity of it all which was the worst thing. I feel your pain. And acknowledge the horror of your laundry pile!

he’s fine now, but a total convert to the world of the cheapo joggers 👍

Reactions: 6
@AmberSpyglass so sorry you’re having a nightmare. Glad your dad is doing better. I’m with you on tanking it at the moment but these are not normal times. You’re going through a lot (of turmoil not of booze) so it’s natural to have a few extras to take the edge off. I’m not trying to enable you and obviously it can only be a temporary thing but do it and enjoy it. Don’t do it and feel awful. Then there’s no win at all!!!!

Reactions: 1
@AmberSpyglass virtual hugs. My elderly dad had C diff a while back, and had the most toxic faecal issues. He was on death’s door for a while, but honestly it was the indignity of it all which was the worst thing. I feel your pain. And acknowledge the horror of your laundry pile!

he’s fine now, but a total convert to the world of the cheapo joggers 👍
I’m thrilled to hear your Dad has recovered🥰🙄 the scenario sounds familiar, it’s the humiliation they must feel that makes it all so emotional.

• Sad
@AmberSpyglass so glad your dad had a better day. Hopefully this is a first step in a full recovery. He must be so much happier out of hospital. He is lucky to have you.
I know I'm *probably drinking more - every night now seems a bit like a Friday night. It is on my list of things 'to deal with later'.

Btw anyone fancy Sali's toastie?

*Definitely.

Reactions: 2
@AmberSpyglass so sorry you’re having a nightmare. Glad your dad is doing better. I’m with you on tanking it at the moment but these are not normal times. You’re going through a lot (of turmoil not of booze) so it’s natural to have a few extras to take the edge off. I’m not trying to enable you and obviously it can only be a temporary thing but do it and enjoy it. Don’t do it and feel awful. Then there’s no win at all!!!!
I’m not going to lie , I’m enjoying all of the wine, today has been a better day and that feeling of doom has lifted a little.

You are all lovely.

• Heart
@AmberSpyglass Oh Amber, I am terrible with words of encouragement because I am terrified of platitudes, but you are doing an amazing thing. I wish all the good things for you and your dad xx

Reactions: 5
@AmberSpyglass Oh Amber, I am terrible with words of encouragement because I am terrified of platitudes, but you are doing an amazing thing. I wish all the good things for you and your dad xx
God, you’re all lovely 🥰. Thank you for being so very thoughtful , it really means a lot.

I’ve had 24 hours to reflect and can I say this :

The Tattler community continually show themselves to be supportive , kind and compassionate, all of you are so lovely to write your messages and support me, thank you once again.

Anyway ....... yesterday Sali Hughes sat in her garden , sipping Moët champagne letting her Husband photograph her still perfect looking manicured toes after a ‘stressful’ day.

Her ‘stressful’ day might have been terrible but I doubt it, I don’t swig Champagne in the garden when I’m stressed , do you?

She has fronted a campaign to help NHS frontline staff manage their self care whilst on shift through these horrific current events, it’s worthy ,of course it is but I can’t help feel she’s all about the glory she’s hoping to obtain for herself.

I can’t begin to imagine how awful it’s been for the NHS staff , it might result in some suffering PTSD in months to come and for her to ponce around and say how *stressed* she is so she’s retreating to the garden for a champagne piss up shows us what a twit she’s become.

Glad to get that off my chest .

I love all of you 😁❤.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.