Sali Hughes #14 Went to the pub during a pandemic, for real! Never mind, feel as you feel

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
May I ask who is Scouse Rachel? Is she a famous blue check type? She doesn't seem stuck up enough to be part of Sali's crew.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
May I ask who is Scouse Rachel? Is she a famous blue check type? She doesn't seem stuck up enough to be part of Sali's crew.
She's not a blue ticket but I've seen her comment on lots on bloggers. She has no time for them and she's usually spot on

Reactions: 5
That Beauty Banks.ie has retracted all their tweets. In fairness it's a bit off. Just come up with another name ffs
Yes there really was something very off about them. I am not a fan of the 'Beauty Bank' title anyway but that really is neither here nor there.

Reactions: 4
It was dodgy, they have a Facebook page and there was a GoFundMe linked, not one single donation though. It has scam written all over it

Reactions: 2
Scouse is in with a load of blue tickers, there was some George Michael thing that made her Twitter famous or something. That might be “banter” between her and SH. She is not an influencer fan but does enjoy her famous online friendships ,or used to - she went off Twitter for a really, really long time.

There was quite an amusing exchange between Scouse and Caroline Hirons the other day about Influencers in these current times.

It seemed like her and Grace Dent used to be right mates, she was Grace’s plus one for her dinner reviews often enough, lived local to each other and now they do not interact whatsoever.

She can be pretty snotty herself ... but who isn now again I guess. Stridently anti Corbyn.

Reactions: 10
Scouse Rachel is a good friend of Sali's. That's just their "banter"

ETA: Just saw your reply @121212

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I fully endorse Scouse Rachel's scathing hatred for Simon Hooper aka Father of Daughters aka FoD aka Salad, but outside of that enjoyable snark, I find her super annoying. Full middle-class centrist.

I think she weaponises her status as a scouser to be "relatable" but in reality she's one of those media types. And all normal people in Liverpool love Corbs so she's showing her London-dwelling arse with that.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
I think she weaponises her status as a scouser to be "relatable" but in reality she's one of those media types. And all normal people in Liverpool love Corbs so she's showing her London-dwelling arse with that.
My in-laws (from the north of England) call them Professional Northerners. See also: Sarah Millican (sorry if anyone here loves her!)

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Sali's mate Marian Keyes is doing a foundation poll on her insta stories, asking which looks better. Burberry, Pat McGrath, Armani, and referring to Estee Lauder as 'new hydratey foundation'.

Maybe it's just me but I just feel that when people are losing their jobs, struggling to find food in supermarkets and worrying about how they're going to pay for it, that someone doing a story on which outrageously expensive foundation is better just doesn't seem right.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 35

Great article...
Yes that is very interesting.
This horrible time is fascinating for seeing the wood for the trees, who is useful, in fact vital, to society when push comes to shove (quite often the lowest paid like carers, teachers, cleaners, farmers, shop staff, drivers, NHS staff, waste operatives etc etc) and who is actually fairly useless yet massively over rewarded financially (sports stars, singers, celebs generally, influencers). It is crazy that someone like for eg Robbie Williams is a multimillionaire when a nurse just about scrapes by. Surely the time for over rewarding the entertainment industry has got to stop after this?

And omg what on earth is going on with Madonna? Will no one advise her to avoid social media if she is going to be so bloody appalling?

• Heart
Reactions: 12
MK’s not trying to flog them I don’t think?

I think perhaps if you’ve (generic) followed MK, read her and consequently (usually) end up fond of her you know make up is her pleasure, and seeing her take her pleasure is sort of uplifting because she was in a bad way for so long.

edit: clearly I am fond of her so I am biased to the above view rather than being critical of her. #transparency

Reactions: 11
It's not that she's flogging them but it will piss some people off at a time like this.

From that NY Times article....

"When Jennifer Lopez posted a video of her family sheltering in the backyard of Alex Rodriguez’s vast Miami compound, the public snapped.

“We all hate you,” was one representative response."

😂😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.