Sali Hughes #14 Went to the pub during a pandemic, for real! Never mind, feel as you feel

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'll just leave this here.
That's enough for me to refuse to type anything about her and her mahoosive ego. I am *that* petty. The S A L I keys on her laptop are probably worn away by her constant name Googling. She needs a hobby.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Not sure where SH gets her stats from, but I reckon this article is about spot-on:

I’m not one to wish bad times to other people and certainly can see that the luxury end of the cosmetics industry may end up being hard-hit by the long-term effect of the covid19 epidemic on the economy. Deep recession is what we are looking at, France have seen 40% of the working population sign up to a temporary unemployment scheme this week. People’s priorities are shifting in a dramatic way and luxury/ treat items surely will be the first to go.

SH and other people earning money from promoting such companies and products must be deeply worried. At the end of the day they are all people who are trying to earn money and support families, but I will be looking with interest to see what the effects on the easy money-making social media influencer phenomenon would be as a result of the pandemic.

Reactions: 6
I feel really terrible for all small business owners, watching what they’ve poured their lives/money/time into just disappearing, but I find it hard to feel anything but bewilderment at the fact that a grown man was making thousands going to events and taking photos of his handbags, and is now borrowing from his father.

what a time to be alive...

1587747235943.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
I feel really terrible for all small business owners, watching what they’ve poured their lives/money/time into just disappearing, but I find it hard to feel anything but bewilderment at the fact that a grown man was making thousands going to events and taking photos of his handbags, and is now borrowing from his father.

what a time to be alive...

View attachment 116030
Quite. I've said it before but if one good thing comes out of this it would be the death of influencer culture.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
@Raker it’s unbelievable. And the other one who gave up her job as a lawyer to be an influencer! Even at £7k a month at the peak (a lot of money!) I think she’d have been better off as a lawyer. Especially with three children.

Reactions: 7
I loved what said lawyer described as her current skills as an influencer earning £7k- box standard skills for a competent admin person who would be earning a fraction of what she earned a month, for more hours worked too and no fancy hols involved.

"It's a small business that I've built up over the last six years and I've invested a lot of time in it," she says. "I think people don't necessarily see how much effort goes on behind the scenes - you have to be able to take the photos, edit the videos, send invoices, fix your website, answer emails."

it’s a funny time we live in which has given us all a different perspective on meaningful professions and occupations, that’s for sure.

Reactions: 9
If influencers are savvy they could pivot, the audience is still captive, their tastes have just done a 180. How to repair your handbags in lockdown? Daily legal advice / education tips? Then build up traction for an accessible legal advice book for young people intimidated by rental contracts, wills and credit scores.

I loved what said lawyer described as her current skills as an influencer earning £7k- box standard skills for a competent admin person who would be earning a fraction of what she earned a month, for more hours worked too and no fancy hols involved.

"It's a small business that I've built up over the last six years and I've invested a lot of time in it," she says. "I think people don't necessarily see how much effort goes on behind the scenes - you have to be able to take the photos, edit the videos, send invoices, fix your website, answer emails."

it’s a funny time we live in which has given us all a different perspective on meaningful professions and occupations, that’s for sure.
I laughed out loud at the answer emails comment 🤣

• Haha
I feel really terrible for all small business owners, watching what they’ve poured their lives/money/time into just disappearing, but I find it hard to feel anything but bewilderment at the fact that a grown man was making thousands going to events and taking photos of his handbags, and is now borrowing from his father
That article is eye opening. I find I have little sympathy for professional gloaters at the moment. What pointless existences they have... All surface, all insubstantial. They don't employ anyone, they don't create anything, they have little in the way of skills. Their aim is to stimulate greed, shame and dissatisfaction in their followers. They get stuff, photograph it, post it online. Repeat. Absolutely pointless.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I'll just leave this here.
I'm actually cringing for her at that tweet 🤦‍♀️. The post she was responding to was about men commenting on her thrilling sandwich. But she has to reference here which as we know is all WOMEN.
So. Random. (And a teensy bit needy).

She’s got a peloton. She’s such a middle class parody.
I thought she didn't *do* exercise?

That article is eye opening. I find I have little sympathy for professional gloaters at the moment. What pointless existences they have... All surface, all insubstantial. They don't employ anyone, they don't create anything, they have little in the way of skills. Their aim is to stimulate greed, shame and dissatisfaction in their followers. They get stuff, photograph it, post it online. Repeat. Absolutely pointless.
Spot on - they are parasites.
I tried to explain to my mother once what influencers did and she was rightly baffled. It is such an ephemeral and vapid existence it truly is hard to comprehend. It is a job that relies on selling stuff sneakily to people. Actually not even actual stuff, but the idea of stuff. Very strange.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
And the other thing, about the sheer detachment from reality for ordinary people and how hard most people work to earn a living. No dear, knowing how to answer emails and send invoices does not give you the absolute right over a £7k salary and plush hols. Things that are too good to be true rarely last long. I’d put the influencer job in that category. It’s all smoke in mirrors.

Reactions: 7
That's enough for me to refuse to type anything about her and her mahoosive ego. I am *that* petty. The S A L I keys on her laptop are probably worn away by her constant name Googling. She needs a hobby.
I get like that. Irritated she thinks we actually care about her. I like this thread because I like the other people here so much - she really is actually irrelevant and just the catalyst for conversation here.
I will give her the benefit of the doubt re that uber cringe hilarious tweet about sauerkraut and assume she/her friends haven't looked here recently. If so they would see she hadn't been mentioned for a while, instead the focus was on one of our members going through a very real and stressful coronavirus situation. Sadly not relieved by dangling champagne corks from her foot.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
She’s got a peloton. She’s such a middle class parody.
Doesn’t ‘do’ exercise, and also does it with a full face of makeup, thus proving she knows duck all about how to exercise properly.

I have a peloton, fully aware I’m a bit of a parody, but also it is good exercise and the UK ladies FB group is cycling 2650 miles tomorrow and have raised £14k for charity. But I doubt Sali will be having anything to do with that as she didn’t have the idea herself.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.