Sali Hughes #14 Went to the pub during a pandemic, for real! Never mind, feel as you feel

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Here you go, Moet toes omitted!
SH: 'we decided...to go into the sunny garden to get drunk for the first time since lockdown'.

A friendly commenter: How can this be only the first time you've got drunk since lockdown?

SH: 'I said we'd gone to get drunk in the garden for the first time since lockdown. Not the same thing.'

Shouldn't the response have been 'Sorry. I meant to say...' rather than correcting the commenter for misreading the post which they hadn't misread at all?

I know this is beyond trivial, but another example of always being right even when she's wrong.

• Angry
Reactions: 23
If I had the time and energy to get pissed with hubby (who accidentally is also a key worker and regularly clocking up 10-12 hrs a day), I can possibly just match SH’s glamour by waving my hideous feet still showing some leftover nail polish from the wedding we went to Nov last year, adorned with a screw cap from the cheep-o (but rather nice) emergency Prosecco I keep in the fridge.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I also thought that she meant the first time getting drunk in general, not just garden drunk. And back when I still followed her she had a private account (the bio directed non-friends/family to the public one) and I assume she still has one.

That's a waste of alcohol. Drinking in your garden only to stare at your phone and correct your followers. Well, I shouldn't impose my drinking protocol to others anyway.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I also thought that she meant the first time getting drunk in general, not just garden drunk. And back when I still followed her she had a private account (the bio directed non-friends/family to the public one) and I assume she still has one.
It demonstrates wot a good writer she is when everyone is misunderstanding her. You’d think a professional journalist would be able to express themselves.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I want to get drunk in a garden now and smoke Marlboro lights. Anyone else with me? We can gaze at our phones and correct each other while taking inventive photos of our feet

• Haha
Reactions: 8
All caught up, been neglecting dear old Sali for the latest Jack Monroe drama 😂 🍿

I can't believe she's still lying about us on Twitter. Nice to see someone responding to her that it's not at all how she portrays it to be.

Reactions: 7
I want to get drunk in a garden now and smoke Marlboro lights. Anyone else with me? We can gaze at our phones and correct each other while taking inventive photos of our feet
Be right there, just going to pop a red lip on. Will look smashing with my dressing gown and greasy hair #dressingforleonard.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
I'll be there - may hang a ring pull from a can of Tennant's off my gnarly toe. So chic.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
All caught up, been neglecting dear old Sali for the latest Jack Monroe drama 😂 🍿

I can't believe she's still lying about us on Twitter. Nice to see someone responding to her that it's not at all how she portrays it to be.
Also hooked on the Jack thread. She's like Sali's arsier younger sister. And now that I think of it, didn't Sali once hint at making a cookbook?

• Wow
Reactions: 2
It's mind boggling! Even my best friend who is a nurse never even posts about a stressful day at work, doesn't even complain about it privately. Useless influencers are on a different planet and they're realising now they have to do everything to look relevant and important.
Sali forgot to tag it #NHSmoraleboost

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Re her tweets about deliveries to the North, do they not deliver to refuges or food banks up there? The tweets only mention the NHS and hospitals.
Has Beauty Banks stopped with hygiene poverty - just doesn't seem to get a single mention?

Reactions: 4
I'd have stopped him taking the picture that I immediately uploaded for my worshippers to praise? Wot? 🤪

The only thing more astonishing than someone posting their feet for people to praise during a pandemic is that PEOPLE WILL ACTUALLY DO THIS

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Shall we compare stressful days ?

My Dad is out of hospital ( thankfully) after contracting COVID but he’s elderly ,now has faecal incontinence and feeling totally humiliated , which we’re cleaning up and we don’t know what the immediate future holds for him and us when we resume a ‘normal’ work week.

Her ‘stressful day’ is clearly nowhere near what the rest of us have to put up with.

* I’m not looking for sympathy but her popping the champagne corks after a ‘stressful day’ and then detailing it on IG makes me heave.

• Sad
Reactions: 25
View attachment 114855

I mean...not posting might be an option? Just saying....
Channelling her heroine Madonna - didn't Warren Beatty say something along the lines of 'why would she do anything off camera? She doesn't want to live off camera'.

Shall we compare stressful days ?

My Dad is out of hospital ( thankfully) after contracting COVID but he’s elderly ,now has faecal incontinence and feeling totally humiliated , which we’re cleaning up and we don’t know what the immediate future holds for him and us when we resume a ‘normal’ work week.

Her ‘stressful day’ is clearly nowhere near what the rest of us have to put up with.

* I’m not looking for sympathy but her popping the champagne corks after a ‘stressful day’ and then detailing it on IG makes me heave.
Och hope your Dad is OK. Poor thing. Must've been such a terrible worry for you. x

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.