Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
Is it just me or does maintenance shag suggest that sex is just something women do to keep man happy? Lie back and think of England for the sake of your relationship? Such an outdated way of thinking

Reactions: 14

Tesla's Ghost

VIP Member
Never works out in her life? But goes out on runs and even designs her own trainers?

@SqualorVictoria Beat me to it! :LOL:

I never smoke! Only with my morning coffee, on my break, after lunch, when I'm working from home, when I watch TV, after I do chores, when I drink, when I'm stressed, when I'm thinking about lung damage (very rare). Otherwise, never!

Serious question: did she just pretend to be exercising to sell her followers these trainers? Since she never ever works out? I know I'm not whip smart, so could use some help.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
That's enough for me to refuse to type anything about her and her mahoosive ego. I am *that* petty. The S A L I keys on her laptop are probably worn away by her constant name Googling. She needs a hobby.
I get like that. Irritated she thinks we actually care about her. I like this thread because I like the other people here so much - she really is actually irrelevant and just the catalyst for conversation here.
I will give her the benefit of the doubt re that uber cringe hilarious tweet about sauerkraut and assume she/her friends haven't looked here recently. If so they would see she hadn't been mentioned for a while, instead the focus was on one of our members going through a very real and stressful coronavirus situation. Sadly not relieved by dangling champagne corks from her foot.

• Heart

RayRayJay

She keeps reminding us that she knows who we are and where we live and work. But yet she'd never stoop so low as to "out" us. Why the fuck keep the "files"?

It makes her look like the stalker* that she is.

*based on the fact that she did trace people on here and like photos of children on Facebook for example.

Again, couldn't give a fuck if she "outed" me. I'm not in.

• Haha

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
This is so funny 😂

Did Caitlin make any form of apology or is she just back acting like nothing happened as predicted?
No apology and acting like nothing happened. Typical gaslighting. Makes me so cross - that lovely old gentleman walking round his garden raising £12million and thanking people for staying at home while Caitlin Moran, for whom pandemic rules don't apply apparently, blunders on praising the NHS and getting paid vast quantities by The Times for doing so. A complete disgrace.

Will you be casting your vote?
Empowering women how? 🤣
Baffling.
We live in very strange times.

bottlewrapper

Chatty Member
I feel really terrible for all small business owners, watching what they’ve poured their lives/money/time into just disappearing, but I find it hard to feel anything but bewilderment at the fact that a grown man was making thousands going to events and taking photos of his handbags, and is now borrowing from his father
That article is eye opening. I find I have little sympathy for professional gloaters at the moment. What pointless existences they have... All surface, all insubstantial. They don't employ anyone, they don't create anything, they have little in the way of skills. Their aim is to stimulate greed, shame and dissatisfaction in their followers. They get stuff, photograph it, post it online. Repeat. Absolutely pointless.

• Heart

bottlewrapper

Chatty Member
It is a job that relies on selling stuff sneakily to people. Actually not even actual stuff, but the idea of stuff. Very strange.
Huge numbers of people have mental health problems - not even necessarily serious but enough to suck the joy and quiet satisfaction out of their lives. Influencers play an underappreciated part in this. At least with a supermodel, actor or musician or whatever, you know you are never going to be them because you don't have that particular beauty/talent/skill. It's easy to explain why their lives are different/better/easier. Influencers though don't have any talents or skills. Aside from all pressure to consume (concealed as far as possible), it's hard to watch these people earn lots of money and live these lifestyles when there is nothing to distinguish them. That makes people feel even worse. The more dissatisfied they are, the better the influencers can influence, and a lot of people won't necessarily spot the link between their online influencer 'friend' and that they are now spending the equivalent on a week's rent on skincare, to sort 'problems' which never existed in the first place.

Coming onto tattle and venting is probably the healthiest thing from a mental health perspective.

• Heart

Disillusioned

VIP Member
I’m probably overthinking things, but to me that makeup-free exercise pic has echoes of the photos that some HCPs have posted of themselves after 12+ hours working in PPE. The indentation marks on her face especially. Not suggesting that it’s intentional at all, but it’s certainly a turnaround from all the airbrushed perfection she’s been posting. She seems to be trying various approaches to find a new niche in the (suddenly vastly altered) market.

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Here comes another dose of that old Sali charm.
But she is saying women who like those things are reductive twats isn't she? I think tshe means that to think of women who like those things makes you a reductive twat - but that definitely is not what she is saying.

Oh dear...this did make me laugh. Assume her intention with the 'reductive twats' comment was to convey how marketeers view women, except she manages not only to apparently call women reductive twats but also to pour contempt on 'tat manufacturers' who produce 'thoughtless guff'...assume this tat is different from the tat dear Sali markets (to, er...reductive twats). Did any of her followers rush in to defend her right to speak up?!

If only she was good with words...oh.
Snap! You said it so much better though you wordsmith. And yes, I don't get why being defined by a 'I love prosecco' sign is any more defining than a love of a bold red lip.

• Heart

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Oh FFS. It’s because it’s the LAW you megalomaniac.
So strange. Someone asks 'why do you have to explain what you've purchased or had gifted?'. And yet again instead of saying, as you say, 'I am happy to do it and anyway it is the law' - she again states the only reason she does it is pressure from 'broken' people.

• Haha

bottlewrapper

Chatty Member
What's wrong with "mousy brown"? F*ck off, Fenmi
And "gasp, transition to grey". Why 'gasp' FF? What's wrong with getting older?

When 1000 people a day are dying prematurely and we're not even yet at the coronavirus peak, we can only hope we will all live to be old and grey...

Funmi, love, if you (or any other beauty journalist) can't appreciate times have changed, you're a fucking stupid dummy. Fuck off.

• Haha
  • Heart

sineadf

Sorry, I shouldn't have said that, it sounded mean and catty. I meant it's unrealistic to stay the same size and shape as you get older. The relentless ageism of the beauty industry means that there's huge pressure on influencers to conform to a certain ideal which gets really hard after a certain point. If people are hanging on your every word you should perhaps be talking about that because not all your target market is young. SH's approach to all of this is airy dismissal and an assumption that it's effortless which it really isn't.

zcfthc5

Chatty Member
Deary me, I've been ignoring Sali's 'investment purchases' economic advice without realising that meant I've been buying thoughtless guff for reductive twats. Is the only difference between the two a satisfying click with a deep exhale?

• Haha

slugella

VIP Member
I have stopped acid toning and my skin is so much better for it! I know it seems to work for a lot of people but my tiny bumps have completely gone. I feel so mad at myself that I was brainwashed into believing all of these steps were necessary for everyone.

Posts about chocolate are spot on. Life is too short for nibbling tiny squares of dark chocolate. Especially in the middle of a pandemic. Just another subtle way to shame women.

• Heart