Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Originalnuttah

I think SH looks great and whatever she’s doing to look as she does, clearly works for her and good on her.

For most people looking in a good shape taken effort and determination, and it’s nice if we have a more honest take on that.

Recently Drew Barrymore posted a very insightful view on what it takes to look good after having kids and in her 40s, which I found quite refreshing:

• Heart
Reactions: 13

Jade Mitzi

VIP Member
It's not about you.
how silly. Everything is about her don’t you know? If she can shoehorn herself into a conversation, group, trend, career, quirk, bandwagon, then attempt to take credit for starting said conversation, group, trend, career, quirk, bandwagon - she is your woman.

And of course she reads here, prints it out for ‘the solicitor‘* puts it all into the folder of doom, yes we know Sali :sleep:

(* = friend who knew a solicitor once)

• Haha

GrunkaLunka

VIP Member
I regularly donate to the hygiene bank as there are 2 drop off points in my tiny village.

I find Beauty Banks a really odd choice of name. Very outdated, and pisses me off in a kind of "fuck the concept of beauty" sort of way. So for that reason, I'm out.

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
Just f*ck the f*ck off, influencers

Stop making everything about you

Although the comments on her IG are favourable and people have booked appointments

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Wow

Jade Mitzi

VIP Member
Wow BB is truly the Melania to HB’s Michele

Sali will be gagging for a Woman of the Year Award, while waiting for her MBE

• Haha

Raindropsonkittens

Chatty Member
Things I’d like to know (and would want a beauty journo worth their salt & not dialling it in to cover) are:

Post CV, how will luxury brands offer make-overs safely within stores, so staff & customers stay safe & perfect hygiene is guaranteed?
Product testers on displays have always been a bit grim but now they are potentially hazardous - how can we safely try before we buy?
Which brands aren’t under the wing of L’oreal et al & might not survive? If only the big brands make it, then the industry becomes stagnant & lack diversity - not great for innovation.
Will the stockpiling mentality change the way people shop eg will we start buying several of our fave products so we don’t run out, spending our cash on fewer but absolutely reliable hero products?
How will this change influencing - press trips to Bali now seem tone deaf - how will influencers & brands respond to the changing mood?
Will wearing less make-up & being lower maintenance (and trying & liking homemade treatments & remedies) mean people will be more discerning & less ‘spendy’?

This is what I’d like beauty industry insiders to reflect on at the moment - not just more of the same tedious recommendations for Sali’s sponsors. But researching these questions & interviewing people would require journalistic skills & integrity, not just a few product reviews. So I doubt we’ll get anything like this from Sali.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Mselvista

VIP Member
Not sure that's fair - I haven't seen anyone here slagging anyone off about their weight. That's definitely not who we are.
Sorry, I wasn't clear. I was thinking of how it would be portrayed by SH, given how she has portrayed what's discussed here previously and given how she misrepresented mention of India Knight's (on mumsnet) and her assistant's weight (ages ago in an early thread swiftly withdrawn by poster).
Didn't mean anything snide towards other posters.

Spanner

Chatty Member
Oh my god, she’s OBSESSED with this place! Grateful to her really, I hadn’t even heard of TL until she kicked off. And I didn’t know what an awful time Dawn O’Porter had had of it until I saw the tweets on here, so again, thanks Sali

Reactions: 12

Jade Mitzi

VIP Member
Celebs/influencers need to recognise their own superfluousness within this crisis. Just pipe down for a while. Nothing you say or are selling is anything anyone will need right now.

But alas. Their hungry, needy egos get the better of them and they start to jitter and panic when they haven’t posted any bolloxy content in the last five minutes.
BINGO their own ego won't let them recognise their complete and utter irrelevance in this current situation. From MK and her foundation bullshit to Sali and her constant desperation on Twitter. They are completely tone deaf to what is really going on in the world in terms of jobs, supplies, outlook. I just wish a lot more of them would sit down and STFU.

Mokie

Chatty Member
Yes Sali with her Miss Dior perfume at age 11 and Chanel No 5 at 13 speaks volumes.

But what about her Oliver Twist childhood? Dior at 11? Really? I was lucky if I got a spray of my Mum’s Avon Odyssey

• Haha

AmberSpyglass

VIP Member
New IGTV up on "cheerer uppers"
Couldn't even be bothered to watch it
Took one for the team, here you go😉

£30 temporary hair colourant.
Body Shop Hemp hand cream .
£70 UGG slippers which make her feel more smart and with it ; especially for those zoom calls 🙄.
Beauty Pie ( of course) cleanser .
Nail adornments for when she looks down and wants to see something interesting on her nails.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow

Tesla's Ghost

VIP Member
I haven't read it either, part of my self-care regime. Also recommend the following:
- massage (patting yourself on the back for not going to a pub or a friend's garden or anywhere unnecessary)
- being kind to others (see above)
- making fun of mediocre shills (see previous threads)
- having good sex (unlike maintenance shagging)
- dressing and undressing for people from the aforementioned example
- whatever else not mentioned in lazily written texts, i.e. copied from other bloggers, columnists etc.

• Haha
  • Heart

AmberSpyglass

VIP Member
Sali ‘I don’t do exercise’ bought a Peloton bike ?, 😁😁😁😁😁 and put on a face load of make up before cycling ?😁😁😁😁 then selfied? 😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁.

She is such a twat😁😁😁😁😁.

Keep it up Sali, you’re giving us Tattle gold.

• Haha
  • Heart

cleaningupthecrap

VIP Member
😂

I think she is trying to suggest that BB are supplying every single hospital, but I thought BB was to alleviate hygiene poverty? Frontline nhs workers don't fall into that category (and atm big brands are falling over themselves to donate things for the good PR) but they certainly are (currently) more glamorous recipents than homeless people or foodbanks.
Anyone would think she was trying to be the heroine the country needs right now. *cough* OBE

• Haha