Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
Anyone else think it's more likely that people could get depressed because they can't afford all the products and lifestyle that influencers shill. There was a forum member with a shopping addiction, for instance.

IMO that's what makes it necessary for sites like this to cut through the influencer BS. No you don't need to use 10 different serums, and have a different cleanser for each day of the week alternating with another one for night etc etc

But of course Sali, who always parrots on about nuance and the importance of not having "binary" thoughts doesn't see it like that. It's not that we're critically minded, we're simply beefy faced trolls *insert mental health slur*

Reactions: 19

Jade Mitzi

VIP Member
I said upthread that it’s commendable work Beauty Banks are doing but the cynic in me feels Sali has nothing to currently flog so is using ‘my charity’ to stay relevant and attract the attention of the award givers when this crisis is over.
I think she is so disingenuous that I feel this way too. It's all about getting her name in there with the NHS which is pretty low. I don't think the middle man is necessary there, big brands should themselves (and possibly are) piling stuff into the NHS, they also have the logistics to make that happen smoothly instead of the 3 BB volunteers.

I think BB would be better sticking to their business plan, helping people in poverty, they still exist, more than ever. Less chance of an MBE possibly though with that demographic at the moment.

• Heart
Reactions: 19

bottlewrapper

Chatty Member
I have friends who work in the NHS, and they are getting so much free stuff atm, it's amazing. However, they really deserve to be properly remunerated based on their value to society, rather than being seen as charity cases deserving a free box of tampons and own brand deodorant, but that's a separate issue.

NHS staff are not in hygiene poverty, so why is BB wasting its time giving them donations? There must be more people than ever who are genuinely in poverty, so why is BB not trumpeting how many foodbanks or open houses it is supporting with donations of products and 'luxuries'. Or do poor people not deserve luxuries?

Reactions: 18

PineappleQueen19

VIP Member
To say she’s “never without” a product means nothing when you are routinely sent products and brands will ask you if there’s anything you’d like to be sent gratis.

And to suggest “no home should be without” a hyaluronic acid serum is just hyperbolic nonsense. Most households cope just fine.

• Haha
  • Heart

HarderFaster

VIP Member
I fully endorse Scouse Rachel's scathing hatred for Simon Hooper aka Father of Daughters aka FoD aka Salad, but outside of that enjoyable snark, I find her super annoying. Full middle-class centrist.

I think she weaponises her status as a scouser to be "relatable" but in reality she's one of those media types. And all normal people in Liverpool love Corbs so she's showing her London-dwelling arse with that.

• Haha
  • Heart

Satisfying Click

VIP Member
There's a certain perverse irony of telling readers now is the time to reach into their pockets to support independent brands, when money is tight for a lot of families, including £40 for a 30ml moisturiser. Just fuck off with that.

• Heart
  • Angry

ItsSoFluffy

Used to work at Hershesons, they kiss her arse just as much as she does them.
Although, even though she practically wrote his book and wrote the intro thing, he didn’t give a shit as VB wrote something for him and that is the fucking pinnacle for him.
I just can’t believe she still goes there for freebies. They pay they’re staff minimum wage yet charge £100s for haircuts. Disgusting

• Angry
  • Sad

Apples87

FYI just been blocked from the group so Sali or her mates are definitely here, hi sali! 👋🏻 Don’t know how I’ll cope without middle aged, middle class women discussing kitchen discos.

• Haha
  • Wow

Mokie

Chatty Member
I can never not roll my eyes hard when I hear people say they treat themselves with a square of at least 70% organic dark chocolate. Oh do please fuck off. I’m currently scoffing Aldi’s Choceur, the one with nuts in that cost 59p

• Haha

Raindropsonkittens

Chatty Member
She’s been at home for weeks, has unlimited access to all the UK indie beauty brands & this is all we get?! Three recommendations (affiliate links) plus a load of waffle. Waste of space. I know we’re accused of deep research, but I wish she’d do some light research...you know, for her job? Too busy & grand with BB - which is fine - but please can the Guardian give the gig to someone who cares & has something fresh to say?

• Heart
Reactions: 17