Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I’d have a lot more respect for columns that encouraged people NOT to spend at the moment, but how to make do with what you have at home. Encourage people to try out all the sample sizes from gifts with purchase or beauty boxes. What you can DIY from what you’re likely to have. How to pamper yourself without spending the 80% salary that so many people are probably existing on now (or worse! I know not everyone is furloughed). I get that that’s not what it’s about, it’s all about shilling. But hey.
The fact that a man about to get his birthday card from the Queen appears to be single-handedly saving the NHS makes me angry at the choices made by the government. Obviously Captain Tom Moore is a gem of a chap and he should probably be Prime Minister, I’m just sad that he’s done it in the first place. A pandemic is always going to be extremely hard to prepare for, and there was always going to need to be an element of the general public helping out (by doing things like sewing new scrubs or making headbands to take the pressure of the ears of those in masks), and there would have to be a degree of throwing money at the problems to bring in extra supplies (as little as 6 months ago we’d have all gone mad if we’d learned the government had bought millions of face masks ‘just incase’, if we are honest), but the fact that it was on its knees due to cuts anyway makes the whole thing terrifying, frankly. It’s not just the NHS, it’s so many statutory and government funded services. All of which are now ‘essential’ services. All of which are tasked with someone getting and many people through this unscathed as possible. It’s an overwhelming prospect.
Pardon my rant! You can tell I am not wearing a red lip today.

• Heart
Reactions: 26

Jade Mitzi

VIP Member
My box predictions are:

Tan Luxe
Dennis Gross acid pads ("I love an acid")
both of these DE C Firma, the Biossance eye cream, Ordinary Squalene cleanser, plus a moisturiser Inkey List?

possibly a make up product, CT Pillow Talk or mascara?

the Ugg slippers? Did she call them fake fur in that video? Sali is one of those people who only does nice things/charitable things if she can publicly broadcast it. Like the slippers for the friend who lives alone. Unbroadcast, that would be quite a nice thing to do, but it turned into an I AM A GOOD PERSON promo.

My take is, there are the George Michaels of the world, literally nobody knew about the huge, massive charitable things he did until after his tragic death.....and then there are those, like Sali who either do the massive PR cheque thing/a gazillion photographs/publicise it so much it turns into self promotion.

• Heart

PineappleQueen19

VIP Member
And the ones who eat (sorry, nibble) any more than two squares in one day and then declare they’ve been “naughty” :cautious:

• Sick
  • Angry

slugella

VIP Member
That book is a nice idea. Though I'm curious what everyone thinks of the NHS getting so many donations/being treated like a charity? The government have a lot to answer for that it has gotten to this stage.

Not saying I disagree with people donating of course it's lovely to see people stepping up. I donated as I was so touched by Captain Tom. But would rather see tax dodgers being forced to finally cough up. Quite sad where we have gotten to the point that a 99 year old man feels he needs to challenge himself to fund something that should be covered..

Sorry possibly too OT, just seeing that book for NHS got me thinking.

• Heart

Raindropsonkittens

Chatty Member
That ‘someone will take their life’ claim is the kind of threat a narcissist makes in a relationship to blackmail their partner to be compliant & play the game on their terms. If you don’t like what is being said, don’t look. If you do read it & it is blatantly untrue then jump on the thread & refute it. Criticism has always existed. If you put yourself out there, people will comment. Plus, I will point out again, we are doing nothing that Sali hasn’t done to others in the past - costing Lauren Luke her job & Dawn O’Porter her mental health. Own your shit Sali.

• Heart

AmberSpyglass

VIP Member
Shall we compare stressful days ?

My Dad is out of hospital ( thankfully) after contracting COVID but he’s elderly ,now has faecal incontinence and feeling totally humiliated , which we’re cleaning up and we don’t know what the immediate future holds for him and us when we resume a ‘normal’ work week.

Her ‘stressful day’ is clearly nowhere near what the rest of us have to put up with.

* I’m not looking for sympathy but her popping the champagne corks after a ‘stressful day’ and then detailing it on IG makes me heave.

• Sad
Reactions: 25

melfish

VIP Member
"Reductive" is one of the key words she seasons her tweets with to make us think she has completed Critical Thinking 101. See also: binary

Stay tuned for some Cartesian dualism

• Haha

Mselvista

VIP Member
Screenshot_20200419-181025_Twitter.jpg
Screenshot_20200419-181313_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200419-181617_Gallery.jpg

Oldies but goodies. I wonder if SH's thinking has evolved since then. Those comments were post Leveson and I found them astonishing at the time which is why I remembered them.

I don't really care about hypocrisy, we're all hypocrites in some way or another. It's the arrogance of rather mediocre thinkers setting themselves up as moral arbiters and guides to modern life and thinking themselves superior.

The certainty with which SH imbues her every statement whether it's about an acid toner or the guilt of Christopher Jefferies is one of the things that realy grates for me.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart

RayRayJay

Off topic and I apologise. But I've just read Sam Bunting say she nibbles on squares of green and blacks dark chocolate.
I think it's my worst phrase. Either say you eat mars bars or STFU about nibbling at teeny tiny squares of chocolate. You are not a mouse!

(Rant directed at any woman in the public eye using this phrase and not reserved for Sam Bunting)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24

AmberSpyglass

VIP Member
@AmberSpyglass Oh Amber, I am terrible with words of encouragement because I am terrified of platitudes, but you are doing an amazing thing. I wish all the good things for you and your dad xx
God, you’re all lovely 🥰. Thank you for being so very thoughtful , it really means a lot.

I’ve had 24 hours to reflect and can I say this :

The Tattler community continually show themselves to be supportive , kind and compassionate, all of you are so lovely to write your messages and support me, thank you once again.

Anyway ....... yesterday Sali Hughes sat in her garden , sipping Moët champagne letting her Husband photograph her still perfect looking manicured toes after a ‘stressful’ day.

Her ‘stressful’ day might have been terrible but I doubt it, I don’t swig Champagne in the garden when I’m stressed , do you?

She has fronted a campaign to help NHS frontline staff manage their self care whilst on shift through these horrific current events, it’s worthy ,of course it is but I can’t help feel she’s all about the glory she’s hoping to obtain for herself.

I can’t begin to imagine how awful it’s been for the NHS staff , it might result in some suffering PTSD in months to come and for her to ponce around and say how *stressed* she is so she’s retreating to the garden for a champagne piss up shows us what a twat she’s become.

Glad to get that off my chest .

I love all of you 😁❤.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 23

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Morning all, just had a nosey seeing as she’d jumped into Jack Monroe’s tattle rage to fan the flames.

Saw this and the response was a bit “hey it’s not that bad Sali”👍
That is interesting. An impartial observation from someone. Quite telling I suppose that interest here in Sali is lacklustre these days - which I'm sure she should be happy about.

A bit of a bold worrying claim too, to suggest people will commit suicide directly because of here. I (and I'm sure others here have too) have had a horrible experience of this close hand. It is a complex and desperate thing. Not sure where I'm going with this, but it is not language that should be bandied about lightly.

Last edited:

Moowoopoo

Coming out of lurkdom to say:

Sali’s latest Instagram post included a shot of her wearing sunglasses. I wonder if this will be the de facto for her selfies from now on as the “weak dilute” wears off and can’t be topped up during the COVID-19 crisis?!

• Haha

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
The mousy brown comment from FF has really riled me. It's a horrible term for light brown hair, light brown hair can be beautiful, especially as natural hair colour usually suits skin tone, etc. Sure if people want to go blonde or whatever colour, that's their choice, but this idea that they must change their "mousy brown" hair is patriarchal and outdated. But I've come to realise that beauty editors and journalists still follow outdated patriarchal ideas so it shouldn't come as a surprise

• Heart

Aude

VIP Member
Here you go, Moet toes omitted!
SH: 'we decided...to go into the sunny garden to get drunk for the first time since lockdown'.

A friendly commenter: How can this be only the first time you've got drunk since lockdown?

SH: 'I said we'd gone to get drunk in the garden for the first time since lockdown. Not the same thing.'

Shouldn't the response have been 'Sorry. I meant to say...' rather than correcting the commenter for misreading the post which they hadn't misread at all?

I know this is beyond trivial, but another example of always being right even when she's wrong.

• Angry

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Yes it is nauseating and aimed at making other people feel bad who merrily scoff family sized bars of fruit 'n' nut.
I know I have no self control at all with certain food stuffs, so I can't even regularly have them in the house, or a sort of fog descends and suddenly the stuff has all gone eg cheese, peanuts, crisps. There is no delicate nibbling involved but ramming as much in my gob as possible and snarling like a rabid dog at anyone coming within 10 feet.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22

bottlewrapper

Chatty Member
I was thinking about my post and if I was her I’d probably say ‘if you don’t like how I’m doing it (charity work), then do it yourself’ so I’m being unfair really. I was thinking about where it comes from (the feeling from my perspective) and I think it’s from wanting to help and then feeling stupid for trying to help the ‘wrong’ way. Again - my issue rather than the charity’s.
Don't be hard on yourself. That gut instinct that makes you roll your eyes when you read about supposedly selfless charity work is spot on. You're not alone in that feeling, and then questioning whether you're the bad person for questioning someone else's motives. We all see the subtle bandwagon jump of BB from helping 'the poor' to helping 'our nhs heroes' (who aren't sufferers of hygiene poverty).

Also, even if you're just here to let off steam, moan, bitch and be your worst self, that's ok. We don't know what pressures you're under. Get it out of your system here, and go back to the real people you love in this strange situation we're all in and be your usual lovely self.

Reactions: 22

maytoseptember

VIP Member
I’ve been witness to some top class luvvie-dom from the Twitterati today.

OK, picture the scene - Martina Hyde tweets about the time some Fathers 4 Justice “activists” gatecrashed the BBC Lottery show one Saturday night (what a sentence 🤣) and Eamonn Holmes - for he is being roasted on Twitter a lot these past few days - hid behind the diminutive Sarah Cawood.

Who should rapidly pop up to gush about how lovely Sarah Cawood is? Sali.

Who popped up twenty minutes later to also gush about the loveliness of Sarah Cawood? Lauren Laverne.

Both go about it in a really irritating/pretentious way. “Cawood is good people” (vomit) “Sarah also a mensch” (is there not something really cringey about non-Jews using Yiddish words to describe other non-Jews, or am I being exceptionally picky tonight?).

Anyway, I’m sure Sarah Cawood is delightful but the luvvie-ness was too much for me.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 21