Sali Hughes #14 Went to the pub during a pandemic, for real! Never mind, feel as you feel

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Doesn’t ‘do’ exercise, and also does it with a full face of makeup, thus proving she knows duck all about how to exercise properly.

I have a peloton, fully aware I’m a bit of a parody, but also it is good exercise and the UK ladies FB group is cycling 2650 miles tomorrow and have raised £14k for charity. But I doubt Sali will be having anything to do with that as she didn’t have the idea herself.

I totally see the benefit of them (been tempted myself). I think it's the joke of someone who didn't exercise (and made a big deal of it) showing off her fancy, probably free bike.

Reactions: 7
I feel really terrible for all small business owners, watching what they’ve poured their lives/money/time into just disappearing, but I find it hard to feel anything but bewilderment at the fact that a grown man was making thousands going to events and taking photos of his handbags, and is now borrowing from his father.

what a time to be alive...

View attachment 116030
Boo hoo. Get a real job. I have zero sympathy for influencers. They rode an opportunistic wave, and now that wave has crashed and broken

Reactions: 9
I totally see the benefit of them (been tempted myself). I think it's the joke of someone who didn't exercise (and made a big deal of it) showing off her fancy, probably free bike.
God, the absolute flipping state of her there! Full makeup is clearly essential for her latest stealth-marketing shill.

Reactions: 5
God, the absolute flipping state of her there! Full makeup is clearly essential for her latest stealth-marketing shill.
I know. Even if it is above board and she actually purchased it herself, would you not feel ashamed that a lot of people just assume you didn't?

Reactions: 4
She’s got a peloton. She’s such a middle class parody.
A peloton! That is too funny 🤣

Actually not even actual stuff, but the idea of stuff. Very strange.
THE IDEA OF STUFF. I love that. Spot on

7 minutes, and not even a flush nor a suggestion of sweat. Who works out in full make-up anyhow?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Her IG. She is just a complete wannabe influencer now isn’t she with her stilted staged selfies (which she hates of course) and her fully made up face for exercising. She has actually passed the point of self parody.

Reactions: 12
It is a job that relies on selling stuff sneakily to people. Actually not even actual stuff, but the idea of stuff. Very strange.
Huge numbers of people have mental health problems - not even necessarily serious but enough to suck the joy and quiet satisfaction out of their lives. Influencers play an underappreciated part in this. At least with a supermodel, actor or musician or whatever, you know you are never going to be them because you don't have that particular beauty/talent/skill. It's easy to explain why their lives are different/better/easier. Influencers though don't have any talents or skills. Aside from all pressure to consume (concealed as far as possible), it's hard to watch these people earn lots of money and live these lifestyles when there is nothing to distinguish them. That makes people feel even worse. The more dissatisfied they are, the better the influencers can influence, and a lot of people won't necessarily spot the link between their online influencer 'friend' and that they are now spending the equivalent on a week's rent on skincare, to sort 'problems' which never existed in the first place.

Coming onto tattle and venting is probably the healthiest thing from a mental health perspective.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
A peloton! That is too funny 🤣

THE IDEA OF STUFF. I love that. Spot on

7 minutes, and not even a flush nor a suggestion of sweat. Who works out in full make-up anyhow?
I took my children to a local nature reserve today that has a small lake in the middle and there were women and girls running in full make up in 21 degree heat head to toe in gym shark looking like they weren’t for breaking any sort of sweat. I run a lot and never ever run in a full face of make up unless I have a run at lunchtime at work and then it’s just minimal anyway. Very weird. Also always confuses me when people wear make up on holiday to sit on the beach and sunbathe? Just don’t get it.

Could she be wearing any more make up?! She's trolling us again, right?
Totally. Same with the Corona beer post too

Reactions: 6
I took my children to a local nature reserve today that has a small lake in the middle and there were women and girls running in full make up in 21 degree heat head to toe in gym shark looking like they weren’t for breaking any sort of sweat. I run a lot and never ever run in a full face of make up unless I have a run at lunchtime at work and then it’s just minimal anyway. Very weird. Also always confuses me when people wear make up on holiday to sit on the beach and sunbathe? Just don’t get it.
Same here. Although when I was younger I wouldn’t even answer the door without full slap let alone leave the house. I was so insecure about myself and always had to be immaculate. My now husband didn’t see me without make up for months. Now I’m in my 40s I’m the total opposite. Very rarely wear makeup or so my hair unless I’m going “out out”. I just can’t be bothered anymore.

Thank God we didn’t have influencers or social media when I was young, I’d have definitely got myself in debt and hated myself even more than I did. It’s so fucked up and dangerous what these people are peddling.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Aah, it’s Friday relatable day, but in a Peloton-swanky way! She has not done even a minute on that bike! I know because I’m the sort of of person who sweats for pleasure :p

• Haha
Reactions: 4
If you want to wear make up fine. But by constantly posting pictures with a full face, it's continuing to perpetuate the skewed ideas of female attractiveness. Oh you didn't wear eyeliner, you're not doing lockdown right. I just can't marry the beauty banks, with the made up peleton (or fergie-esq toe) pictures.

Reactions: 6
Sali ‘I don’t do exercise’ bought a Peloton bike ?, 😁😁😁😁😁 and put on a face load of make up before cycling ?😁😁😁😁 then selfied? 😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁.

She is such a twit😁😁😁😁😁.

Keep it up Sali, you’re giving us Tattle gold.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I noticed she allowed a non blue tick-er to refer to her as ‘you welsh sex offender’ over the picture of her toastie. But had to be unpleasant to someone cheerily asking an innocent question about digital beauty (or whatever ambiguous phrase was used). I guess that’s what passes for humour these days, referring to someone as a sex offender? I’m too much of a basic witch to know humour apparently, and I’m actually perfectly ok with that.

I have no strong feeling in any which direction over the sandwich, let the records state for deep research.

Reactions: 8
I noticed she allowed a non blue tick-er to refer to her as ‘you welsh sex offender’ over the picture of her toastie.
He seems to be a friend of hers and they have totes hilarious and oh so outrageous twitter bantz all the time 🤭. Probably some in joke or other.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.