Sali Hughes #14 Went to the pub during a pandemic, for real! Never mind, feel as you feel

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't get the logic of beauty boxes either, especially when Sali does say often how something that works for her might not suit others and vice versa.

Back when I had disposable income I used to get the Harvey Nichols boxes. They are amazing. Something like £600 worth of stuff when you spend £200. And you can spend that £200 on stuff you actually want. Novelty!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
By 'industry noise' does she mean all the other yapping influencers, or just any beauty publicity?

SH (and she must be grinding her teeth at it) never quite hits the beat. Hirons presents a positive 'these are the products I love' (I mean, we know it's all horseshit and is just who will pay her for the privilege but whevs). SH goes for a negative 'you will not be able to cope without my help'. Hirons goes in up to her neck superschilling and gets in quick before her moment might pass, so is already onto her second box. SH tries to hang on to 'integrity' (whatever that means as an influencer) and with spectacular timing, her box launches just as thousands are losing their jobs. CH sticks to skincare and lip balms and her only objective is to pack as many expensive products on your skin as possible. SH casts her negative net wide and curates a judgemental aesthetic (spendy treats, red lips = good. Lipgloss, facial wash etc = bad) thereby limiting herself to only those followers who are 'mean girl cool enough'. The rest of us are mental, beef faced trolls.

I note it's only a waitlist at the moment...wondering if they'll see what the take up is. And no idea what rubbish will be in it yet...
Hilarious, I'm not particularly a fan of Caroline but you've captured in a nutshell why I *prefer her to Sali!
*tolerate

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Usually the cost of the box is less than the combined cost of the contents, so you could theoretically save money if you were going to buy all of the products separately.
But who ends up doing that?! No one!

They think they’re buying a bit of her glitter. (Oh, actually, prediction! There will be an Hourglass glitter eyeshadow in the box. They are gorgeous, sorry.)
So true! If the box includes make up, I predict a flop because the shades never suit anyone. It's like the crappy 'gift with purchase' of little trial make up bags (do brands still do them?).

The lipstick was always a coral that made your teeth look yellow, the mascara always made your eyes run, there was usually an eye duo of dark brown shimmer and off white shimmer eyeshadow, a sample of perfume which always smelt like the one your mum wore, something random like a Christmas cracker sized comb, all stored in what was always described as a 'luxury pochette', but was a tiny plastic fabric make up bag in a horrible colour with a zip that broke the first time you used it...so nana!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I think Beauty Boxes are cynical. They rely on followers being faithful and buying the product - which they will. I would be interested to know how much it is mentioned in her FB groups - and how much they are encouraged to believe they get special priority. The absolutely febrile excitement around Hirons offering in her group was cult like.

Last edited:
  • Sick
Reactions: 5
Thanks. Absolute gibberish. Clear as mud.

AA6C7AD3-3C85-485F-B60B-6A14F3A3DE69.jpeg

I'm still on GTL (completely forgot I was until I started getting notifications again last year. I have NO idea how they still haven't rumbled me because I don't post anything and just nose on there)

Anyhow, cult beauty and her 'curated box' (snigger 😂) has been mentioned and her sheep are wetting themselves over it.
It would seem that there really is one born every minute :rolleyes:
You might have just outed yourself... Are we sure Eric’s fully locked down?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Second prediction: there’s going to be a Drunk Elephant product, probably either C Firma or F-Balm. Ought to present a dilemma for ol’ Hirons if she’s asked to help push the box.

Also, Sali’s recently been all over The Inkey List (all of a sudden, WINK), so I reckon their squalane, or hyaluronic acid (“I have long been a fan”) or “a good, basic cleanser that gets it all off” will be the token nod to affordability.

I have double-checked, and they don’t sell Avon products ⛄. Biossance might make it into the box. They’ve been collecting all the influencers lately. Maybe tanning drops, what with all of us being trapped inside.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
She’s been sending slipper(s) all over the country. Are we really expected to believe this sudden enthusiasm for Uggs is totally independent of a commercial arrangement, and that she’s ordering them with just a new customer’s 10% off?

427FCC82-3A3A-40A8-8200-43CF8FD6894E.jpeg

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.