Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Jade Mitzi

VIP Member
She knows she screwed up there, if she had been feeling totally in the right she wouldn't have removed her post/stills/whatever to was. Zero good grace, she could have smoothed over it by agreeing it was tone deaf or misguided. Not our Sal though, all guns blazing, trolls trolls trolls.

Oh to be right all the time.

Reactions: 14

lipsticktaser

VIP Member
I think the thing with injectables, is it makes woman look so generic. Go on a night out in any city centre and there are swarms if identical faces. There have always been trends in clothes (the black work trousers and denim jacket crew, and anything zara) and hair (hello balayage).
but now their is no character in face anymore. Everyone just has the same Tight, aggressive, duck face.

Reactions: 13

Jade Mitzi

VIP Member
THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS 'SUBTLY' LOKING DRAMATICALLY AND ILLOGICALLY MUCH, MUCH BETTER THAN EVERYONE ELSE' {{{her capitals}}}.

She then goes on to say how of course you can alter your appearance as long as it is joyful and fun and creative eg through hair, clothing, makeup etc then:

But women living in fear of aging, and pulling painful and expensive tracks to hide it from the world, does not say something amazing about us as human beings. It makes us look as though we were made to do it, by big boys. It makes us look like losers. It makes us look like cowards. And that's the last thing we are'.
cannot abide CM so hadn’t seen this. So is it a sly dig at her friend Sali’s smidges, tweaks and dilutes? Sali must have had a squirm reading that?

A good Sunday read from Jessica DeFino

“Everyone’s all about de-stigmatising dermal fillers and Botox, that’s fine. I want to de-stigmatise wrinkles and ageing and sagging normal faces. I think it stems from sometimes feeling less beautiful or less worthy than those that do get these treatments and I wonder where the cycle stops. If we continue down this path, how will it affect future generations? I’m interested in exploring that more than I’m interested in assuaging my own appearance anxiety with injectables”

https://fashionista.com/.amp/2019/07/injectables-fillers-self-care
that is the sort of article a genuine beauty writer should be writing. I think as so many have alluded to, Sali just isn’t a good enough writer, she tried in The Pool to broaden her horizons and it was dull, self serving and clumsy. Nobody came knocking to pay her for such poor output. So, she jumped into the IG influencer arena and is floundering around in there, but still trying to pretend to be an impartial journo type. She needs to decide what she is and not try to straddle both camps badly.

Last edited:
  • Haha

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Only SH would demand the removal of her civil rights, rather than that we all observe voluntary isolation.
That is what gets me. We were all advised/told last Monday to stay in the house unless strictly necessary (schools had not closed then I know). Most people I know, and on SM observed this. She was one of a handful who didn't. Someone on IG pointed this out and they were a troll.
Now when others do exactly the same she demands very strict measures to deal with it.

• Haha

Disillusioned

VIP Member
Dreadfully awkward new IG video up. It’s all quite a lot of nothing, nothing new anyway. Odd.
I disagree. She’s done a total U-turn on excessive, pointless packaging since Saturday!! A new direction!

“Comes in this nice bag...”

D493771C-DFE4-41A5-9563-76DD6B8050E7.jpeg

“Then you get this tin...”

5756E531-364F-4F24-87FA-B0E8B61613BD.jpeg

For five small cosmetics.

#Greenwash #SustainableAF

• Haha
  • Wow

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Sali, I know you are reading this. I'm not some pathetic woman who hates you, I'm not a troll or a bully or any of the other things you've said about us. I'm a woman with a lot of insecurities, who was looking to you for advice and help. I wanted an expert opinion, from someone who had a lot more experience, with a wider range of products than I could ever dream of. You let me down. You sold me products you would never dream of using on yourself, they were paying you. I have lost hope, not just in you but in all others like you. I read every review and recommendation with suspicion. You did that, it's your fault. Why weren't you honest? Stop making stupid little digs and comments about us. We are real people, consumers tricked by you, not trolls or sad little jealous women. You can't blame us for being disappointed in you, you're a sell out. I respected you, I looked up to you and you conned me.
👏👏👏
*This* is something she simply will not address.

HowardMoon

VIP Member
Is she using those weird wee sticky things you put on your eyelids you see ads for on instagram?
It’s probably all about the angles she takes photos at but it’s odd that hooded eyelids usually get more pronounced as we age not less. Caroline Hirons had her droopy eyelids trimmed (not sure what the procedure is called) last year as it was affecting her sight. She did a video about it.

If she ever ponders why she has a successful ongoing thread on Tattle I suggest she logs on anonymously and reads back on her own thread detailing the sanctimonious and superior sounding attitude that we knock her for.
Oh I’ve no doubt she reads her threads her frequently. There’s no doubt in my mind

It will be interesting to see where influencer culture goes. You would think with millions of people being housebound there is a captive audience but their trivial fluffy gifted lifestyles will really not fit the mood.
I just cannot see any content for a long time concentrating on purchasing expensive things or bragging about #gifted experiences being appropriate at all. Or videos with the influencer moaning on about how the crisis is affecting them.
I agree with @Jade Mitzi that possibly the influencer bubble is about to burst. How can a career based on #ADs hold up now at all? People are struggling to acquire the bare necessities and don't want to people stealthily trying to sell you luxuries - and they don't actually do anything else really do they for the main part?
Since Coronavirus has taken a hold the past week and a bit I’ve been interested to see how the Instafloggers have adapted their content and, as I assumed would happen, so many are flaunting their gifts and taking glee in unboxing so so kindly gifted items. They should be ashamed when my local shops are absolutely bare! It’s sickening. I’ve seen boasts about being sent luxury hand cream for sore hands and huge baskets of luxury foods and fancy care packages sent from brands and retailers to very rich and successful people who already have more than enough stuff to get them through. They live on a different planet.

Last edited:
  • Angry

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
I've never liked going to the hairdressers, always got passive aggressive comments about my hair, or else they'd cut off more than I asked for. Decided to teach myself how to trim, watched a YouTube video and have been doing it for years now (not to sound like Sali).

notthefullshilling

Chatty Member
Crikey, she just can't ever be wrong can she?! What would it have taken to preface her explanation with a little sorry, or yeah, maybe I shouldn't have shared that.

Also agree with the above - her use of mental and nervo are really not on. I have lost close family due to the reality of these things and it hurts seeing her use them so flippantly.

Brian Butterfield

VIP Member
Such a tactless column, including the minimum wage comment especially at this time. Why even mention coconut oil at the end? It's not a cleanser and would make r/skincareaddiction gasp in horror, does she think vegans care for this type of product by default, rather than you know consider the huge range of vegan cleansers available on the high street that don't include MLM companies either?
As a vegan, I find her offensive, ill informed and patronising.

Satisfying Click

VIP Member
Doing a proper Father Christmas belly laugh, at Sali lamenting the empty salons across the nation.

As I've said before, STFU, you don't even pay for your hair

• Haha
  • Heart

Disillusioned

VIP Member
30F3579F-9537-4BE8-B5DC-B4A70CE688C2.jpeg

Just say it? OK... Stay the fuck at home, Sali. Don’t exploit loopholes. Oh, and fannying about with foundation is not “absolutely essential” under any criteria. Got it? Finally?

ETA: Snap, @Hereforthefacts 👍🏽

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
It will be super interesting to see, generally, where the beauty world goes with all this. Let’s face it, for the vast majority of us beefy incels who never got anything #kindlygifted, we won’t be splashing out big money on beauty products. Not right now and not for the foreseeable future.

Tesla's Ghost

VIP Member
Like a bold lip is going to protect you against COVID 🙄
It will tremble before your greatness and fearlessness. Droplets of people's saliva containing it will evaporate before it even reaches your face. Latest research showed that the amount of red pigment is in direct correlation with your ability to resist it, and women who wear lip gloss are much more at risk.

• Haha

Jade Mitzi

VIP Member
I was looking at her Twitter and I just honestly can't believe her tweets after promoting going out to eat last week. I had to stop reading cause her behaviour mimics gaslighting and makes me very uncomfortable.

She's so fucking rude. People comment on her tweets agreeing with her and she says "that's what I said"

Insufferable human.
yup, sometimes situations like this can bring out the best in people. Others just show the true colours they try so hard to hide normally. Beauty Banks is undoubtably a good thing, Sali needing a pat on the back constantly (by way of staged photos etc) for being involved with it is nauseating. People do great, admirable work for and with charities every day, they don't feel the need to have sycophants fawning about hoe wonderful they are.

• Heart