Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
I went back through every single post, to see if her children had been mentioned before she made her video of lies.

They were, on two separate issues.

The first time was when she suddenly starting including her son in her posts and people were merely commenting on the fact that it was happening.

The second time was when Sali had (ridiculously) claimed that her sons were upset by the fact that Jeremy Corbyn was wearing a coat they did not approve of.

So the only times her children were mentioned were in direct response to her mentioning them. Infuriating the way she twisted the truth to make herself into a victim.
That is fascinating - good deep research 😂
When I first saw her video the insistence her children were targeted was baffling - I seriously thought she must have been talking about a different forum. Even more bizarre when she herself had 'liked' an old photo of a Tattle member's children on FB. How creepy is that? Even if she had 'liked' a photo of something else it would be a bit less strange - but children?

Reactions: 15

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Well I'm glad I'm not a Teacher of Children. Expected to be a paragon of virtue, tripping gaily into school distributing and exuding kindness all while publicly labelled as 'broadly disagreeable'.

• Haha
  • Heart

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
It will be super interesting to see, generally, where the beauty world goes with all this. Let’s face it, for the vast majority of us beefy incels who never got anything #kindlygifted, we won’t be splashing out big money on beauty products. Not right now and not for the foreseeable future.
It will be interesting. I suspect that is why there is a ramping up by these influencers to convince us beauty products and experts are still vital. Hence Sali's admitted reluctance to include DIY haircare. Their sponsorships and freebies must be dwindling rapidly, with no sign of recovery any time soon.

Sort of related I was watching QVC the other day and it was almost laughable how increasingly desperate the presenters were to make products relevant eg a £50 leg gel would make 'a wonderful gift for a key or NHS worker' and Sketchers trainers 'perfect for wearing in the house'.
Spending lots of money on non essentials seems like something from a bygone era.

zcfthc5

Chatty Member
lockdown column ideas

- how to do makeup and hair to look professional on zoom but with minimal effort
- what products double as masks - take a leaf off an aloe vera and apply nappy rash creme on top?
- if you want a lockdown project - laser hair home stuff, is there science behind the old wives tale that your hair go through the greasy phase to equilibrium?
- key workers - how to keep hair moisturised if you need to use stripping shampoos to wash out any virus traces
- how to buy responsibly-ish, which brands have responsible supply chains, which are paying their freelances still, good supermarket own brand stuff
- how to make products go further - dilute bodywash 1:1 to make it go further?

edit - the most important one - how to stay hygienic when you have a fever, with a version if you can shower and a version without - neither using new products or anything that has to be purchased.

Last edited:
  • Heart

BostonFernGreen

Chatty Member
Ooft, and the responses after...
The ‘troll’ may be a healthcare worker tbh since they’ve all got skin in the game. The implication they’re not doing anything positive with their lives when they’re promoting sensible health is frankly shameful.

Pride comes before a fall and bossing people around plus defending poor public health behaviour behind a performative bleeding heart for the wee little bougie gastro pub routine crosses a horribly line and gives a very clear window into priorités.

And the défense of it instead of an apology and reassurance that maybe that was silly! Unfortunately people do feel reassured by the behaviour of public figures and pressure to keep up with their own IG game. This is a shit show.

• Sad
  • Heart

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
I can't comprehend how knowing how to cut a fringe is a good "life skill" but cutting ones own hair is a bad idea. Don't they fall into the same category? A trim is straightforward. I wouldn't attempt to give myself a feathered, layered cut or something but I can do a trim myself at home.

And didn't she previously make a big song and dance about how the Guardian never pressured her into anything and she'd walk if they did?

As for the bright lip (the singular again, argh) in dark times, yes it's so embarrassing. It's the same as how Sali kept selling red lipstick as a feminist tool. It really really isn't

It's disgraceful how rude she was to that person tweeting. As was very accurately pointed out, Beauty Banks is just a PR stunt, no more.

• Heart

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
So strange - why even mention the minimum wage? The product either does a good job or it doesn't. Not just 'good enough for those who can't afford more'. Does she mean 'for a small price'? So in a few small paragraphs she has managed to offend vegans and those on a minimum wage 👏
If someone was writing an article about Jewish food would they say 'bringing home the bacon (sorry Jewish people)'.

DCICassieStuart

VIP Member
God she's awful. Why can't she admit she was wrong? I get it, none of us want businesses we love to close down but we have to protect ourselves and others at the moment.
I just don't understand why she ALWAYS has to be so nasty. She has a serious chip on her shoulder about something.

• Heart

GrunkaLunka

VIP Member
Now I know, I was being sold products that I could hardly afford. I feel ashamed that I fell for it.
This is the thing that really bloody upsets me. The fact that most of us here looked up to her, and were let down.
We aren't a load of garbage women who want her to lose her job, we are a load of women who have been exploited by her. And the fact that we feel ashamed while she is bloody lying about us, stalking our social media and "joking" with her mate about them setting their violent boyfriend on us is really sickening.

• Heart

Tesla's Ghost

VIP Member
Apparently ‘fringe cut’ was written under duress 🤔
Is this the same woman who made a video about her integrity, ethics and honesty being questioned and undermined by some trolls? Write about cutting your own hair (trimming your fringe is in the same category) then publicly stating mere hours later it's a bad idea. Because India was not amused with all this hair cutting advice. The call is coming from inside the house.

• Haha
  • Angry

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
But according to ASA guidelines that isn't right is it? She is muddying the waters between sponsorship and AD isn't she? Tbf I think she does declare sponsorships - it is the ADs she doesn't, calling them something like #presssample which the ASA has declared on it's own is not a proper label. It needs to be '#AD #presssample'.
Have I got that right?
Poor put upon Sali having to type out a few sentences. Does she have any idea what actual work is? Does she not realise she's incredibly privileged? Work for a lot of people is an actual slog, Sali gets to fanny about with foundation on IG, type up a caption to go with it and that's head melting and time consuming. These influencers don't live in the real world

Totally agree she's muddying the waters

• Heart
  • Haha

Curio

Chatty Member
It’s like how every celebrity that has a nose job has it due to a ‘deviated septum’ that made it hard to breathe and absolutely had to be fixed.

• Haha

Disillusioned

VIP Member
The greenest thing about that column is that it’s been recycled twice from a recent Instagram post:

5749C788-BF9F-456F-8D78-7719161F7328.jpeg

Sali really only does Sustainability Ultra Lite. All that plastic-heavy Drunk Elephant packaging. The Elizabeth Arden ceramide capsules come in a hefty plastic pot. Total greenwashing.

• Haha

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
This stupid 'advice' shows how tied SH is to her freebie cuts and colours. A real beauty journalist would be recommending the best hair cutting youtube guides, how to touch up roots and trim fringes, the best box colours and the pitfalls of using them. How to get gel polish/nails off yourself, how to remove glued on eyelashes. Rather than saying 'don't', like women are dummies and can't be trusted with their own bodies.
Exactly. If people stop going to Hershesons - how is she going to get her free hair cuts? This is why influencers are so dodgy. Everything they recommend comes with strings attached, with the result of them benefitting from the arrangement. Hershesons are not going to be happy with her if she says something like 'now is a good time to realise you can look after your own hair perfectly adequately'. They want you be to dependent on them and look on your own hair and body as an alien life form only they understand (at a price).
Promoting useful and free or cheap self care is not in their or Sali's best interests eg when have you ever seen her recommend a homemade face mask or exfoliator?

J4n0Z

Chatty Member
I was warming up with the beauty banks thing and then this. Why does she have to be so foul?

I'm all for assertiveness and women not knowing their place but that is just so unnecessary and mean spirited.

No need for sugary sickly niceness all the time but politeness costs nothing.