Sali Hughes #13 The best new products I’ve been using for years

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just remembered didn't CH have something similar to beauty banks? Is that still running? Wonder if she was annoyed about beauty banks.

Reactions: 1
Just remembered didn't CH have something similar to beauty banks? Is that still running? Wonder if she was annoyed about beauty banks.
Give and Make Up is Caroline’s thing , not sure how prominent it currently is but she had that way before Sali started her charity..

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Makes you wish another charity would reply and say, no worries, we can help. Seeing as it’s just them running it they make sure to take pictures when they’re delivering to NHS etc. I get that very few things are truly selfless and she’s doing a lot more than most people but I certainly wouldn’t approach her if I was feeling fragile. Unless I had a blue tick, blue tick and fragile would be ok.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Should the names Jo and Lauren mean anything to the person asking? It's like she wrote Madonna and Cher and people should instantly know who she's talking about.
(Of course we know, since we're trolls doing deep research 🤭)

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Let’s not forget ; Sali the long time Festival goer 😁😁, been going for years , since the Stones did it for a pint of milk decades ago .

She’s a cold , snippy and superior hole.

She portrays herself as a selfless charity provider but she lacks warmth and empathy.
yup, been going for decades, since 2017, that is a different decade after all

But hasn't she already said she has lots of contacts through her charity?
And this is really petty but why Monday? Weekends don't mean a great deal now do they? To a lot of people anyway.
Monday to Friday charity and three weeks off at Christmas remember

it’s all a PR stunt to Sali, if it wasn’t she would keep the Twitter communication to do with the charity all from the BB account, retweeting where necessary and appropriate. It’s about HER and her quest for an MBE.

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 10
Tesla's Ghost you are incredible! I have used box dye (also a brunette) before but always all over. If I just want to cover grays does it not leave a line of demarcation from the new color? Do you pull it through the ends just before washing out?

Also do you just apply dry baking soda to wet feet and scrub with hands? Sali would never be so helpful!!
What I do is cover my grey roots and leave it for the time specified in the leaflet and then for the last ten minutes I put colour on the lengths and ends of my hair to give it a little boost.

Reactions: 5
I can’t get over “we’ll get back to you on Monday”. ICU staff can’t say that can they?! The nature of helping the NHS during a crisis is that their needs are 24/7.

The voluntary groups I’m trying to help with are running constantly, just trying to keep ahead of demand.

And that “But...” 🤯 I’m calling this as her most dickish tweet.

36FDD5E0-695C-4B8D-94A8-1B3E23D42FC0.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
Ah yes, lipstick as “defiance”. It’s so embarrassing.

She also referred to hands as “paws” just as Sali did in her article. Could we just not?

• Sick
Reactions: 6

🙄 Another one phoning it in.
The Guardian style section has lost the bleeping plot. That whole piece is a disgrace. Attempting to shoe-horn very expensive, luxe products into ‘relevance’ with Covid-19??! Even if you buy into the bright lipstick as the answer to everything line - not a single non-luxe option.

2E560465-AAB9-4E04-BD35-E4A5A6DEB1E8.jpeg

92E857AD-9E21-4900-8717-2185E099DAD7.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Wow
Apparently ‘fringe cut’ was written under duress 🤔
Is this the same woman who made a video about her integrity, ethics and honesty being questioned and undermined by some trolls? Write about cutting your own hair (trimming your fringe is in the same category) then publicly stating mere hours later it's a bad idea. Because India was not amused with all this hair cutting advice. The call is coming from inside the house.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 15
I’ve been disappointed in Funmi Fetto’s column in general. It seems very press-release based and far removed from non-industry people’s real lives.

• Angry
Reactions: 9
OMFG!! So the most practical/useful part of the piece was written under “duress”?? ie The Guardian insisting she do more than use the piece to shill Hershechshesions... Wow.
Exactly - and no doubt her extreme loyalty to Hershesons meant she was loathe for them to see her recommending DIY hair cuts. (It is not a bad idea as it is hair for pity's sake. A DIY tattoo might be a bad idea but hair?) I am actually a bit shocked she actually admitted she doesn't believe what she writes. God knows how flimsy that piece was originally until someone at the Graun said 'er, is that really it?'

• Heart
It’s decent of her to finally admit she is pressured into including certain things in her columns and not writing totally of her own free will with zero obligations as previously claimed 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
And makeup as an act of defiance - oh do duck off. It isn't. It is fun and quite trivial - that is the joy of it. Beauty writers are really shitting themselves that their hotline to #sponsored #ad must be drying up as people have other priorities and probably won't be spending lots of money on non essentials for a very long time - so now is the time to push home the narrative that makeup and hairdressers are vital.
I hate to say it as women supporting women but I cringe when I read things like 'in these dark days wear a bold lip'. It's embarrassing.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I thought that 'contacts' was the whole point of Beauty Banks. Isn't it based on SH and JJ leveraging their contacts with beauty brands and PRs (and, before the pandemic, their large number of social media followers) to donate supplies?

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.