Sali Hughes #12 This is not a thread. It is not paid for, not sponsored, nor required by Sali

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I suspect the "holidays" was our questioning the writer's lodge / diet camp
The one she kept tagging? Just before the regs on declaring freebies changed? That one? No tit. I don’t think she did pay for that, and if she did, she did not pay the full amount that you or I would pay.

Reactions: 8
😂
Commissioning portraits, putting WD-40 on cat flap hinges, hiding his wife's phone and deleting her tweets... He's a busy man!
“Now India, you can either have your phone OR the bottle of wine. Not both. Remember what happened last time when you offered my services as a heavy”

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Very interesting Woman's Hour podcast here (they discuss the awful Goop) as well as the placebo effect in skincare i.e. you believe the £50 cream works better than the £5. It featured Dr Anjali Mahto (actual dermatologist) and Anne-Marie Lodge aka reallyree - haven't seen any of her content before, but she was pulled up on some of the daft things she was saying, forgetting her audience wasn't a load of instahuns.
I heard that at the time and was amazed at that idiot Anne-Marie Lodge. Omg she really revealed the mentality of IG influencers. They actually believe the vacuous tit they spout.
And nobody said she got free clothes, we comment on the fact she got/gets hefty discounts which she said herself. No deep research needed.
Long time lurker (well since I came here after watching her Instagram melt down), first time poster here. I just can’t take her any more. Has she always been this bad? I used to quite like her (or I was just not tuned into her ways back then), I hate to admit it I’ve even got her books 🙈. Her guardian column now drives me insane. It is complete and utter shite. First cream mentioned today £39 for 60ml, which is apparently twice the normal amount. And yet the next two are both 50ml. Even if maths is not your strong point you know 2x50 is not 60.
Welcome btw! And spot on. I think we all used to quite like her tbh. Something changed.

Reactions: 6
Yes, what kind of ally would continually poke like that? A very cruel one

How do you spell Schadenfreude?

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Never.

But friends and family keep her constantly in the loop. Which is rather unkind of them, dontcha think? Who would do that to a loved one? 🤔
Yes that is strange. Given that anyone who reads or contributes here is part of the problem. Quite easy to avoid here really isn't it? Just read all the adoring comments from 1000s of IG fans. Isn't that enough?

Reactions: 6
There’s max 8 people at any one time commenting on her because they were displeased with the Botox blurred lines (haha). She has legion adoring her.

Reactions: 4
If I moan about someone who irritates me, out of their earshot, that is me moaning. Maybe I have a point, maybe not, but as the old saying goes, people who listen at doors never hear good about themselves. It's not bullying, it's not trolling. What people think of you is none of your business.

However, someone who hears me moaning and rushes back to tell the target of my irritation all about what I've said is a tit stirrer - that's the person who is a false friend. That's the troll. In SH's case, that's her dogwalker.

The way SH tells it, tattle was only set up to talk about her.

Reactions: 22
If I moan about someone who irritates me, out of their earshot, that is me moaning. Maybe I have a point, maybe not, but as the old saying goes, people who listen at doors never hear good about themselves. It's not bullying, it's not trolling. What people think of you is none of your business.

However, someone who hears me moaning and rushes back to tell the target of my irritation all about what I've said is a tit stirrer - that's the person who is a false friend. That's the troll. In SH's case, that's her dogwalker.

The way SH tells it, tattle was only set up to talk about her.
Exactly this! No one should expect to be universally adored, particularly someone in the public eye. And yes, the people doing the trolling are indeed those running back to report to her. Or perhaps she's in fact trolling herself 🤷‍♀️

I know. It's completely contained, as far as I know
She might get one moody commenter every few months but has quite a sense of victimhood about her.
A few years back (I think) the guardian published data of their journalists being trolled. The journalists who write about abortion, s. assaults etc get horrific abuse - beyond trolling to criminal abuse level, threats of violence etc. SH has people saying makeup is vain in her comment section and tattle and cries wolf like a hack.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
Particularly Julia Raeside one of SH's bezzies
Google her Guardian tv review of Dawn's show and her comments in comments section 🙄
And yet there Julia Raeside is on Twitter complaining that Mark Lamarr was horrible to Gail Porter (which he was, but I think she’s hoping we all have short memories about how foul she was to DP)

Reactions: 5
Can she go into detail about her colour matching talents? Shes always told everyone white to go for yellow toned foundation, but now at a certain age we need rose toned?
Can she go into detail about her colour matching talents? Shes always told everyone white to go for yellow toned foundation, but now at a certain age we need rose toned?
Yes I am confused. Pink was bad. Now it’s good. Who wants to be old and pink looking.

Wasn't MK absolutely foul about the young dancer AJ on Strictly ITT when it was his first season? I'll need to look up details but she said something like he was creepy and made her feel ill. Not sure she has been invited back since. Her 'old vumman' for her mother in tweets is cringe. Having said that I did like her books, especially Rachel's Holiday.
Re the column I think only someone mid forties or younger can cheerily say older skin is not different. It just is. I don't personally think a perky rosy glow is the answer - a lot of us produced our own rosy bloody glow effortlessly. And all stupidly expensive anyway. Always the assumption because you are older you have more money for moisturisers etc. As lots of us know that is 'hogwash'.
I've never though CT was much good as a MUA. I watched a few of her videos and was always completely underwhelmed. Too heavy handed. The SH Liz Taylor one case in point - far too much like a caricature LT without actually looking anything like her. Now THAT is a skill.
So fed up with Sali and others thinking they own/ know about older d sad kin when they are just in their forties. It’s actually massively different from 60.

Last edited:
Who wants to be old and pink looking.
According to Sali, old and pink via an expensive cream is the way to go, because without it, she repeatedly hammers at us, your skin is sallow, dull and irregular. And old. And probably still covered in spots.

This is SH being sensitive to her 'mature' readers.

• Haha
  • Angry
This is also Sali setting herself as some kind of expert on mature skin while simultaneously denying such skin exists

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.