Sali Hughes #12 This is not a thread. It is not paid for, not sponsored, nor required by Sali

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Speaking of eyebrows and OT as not related to SH but has anyone else heard of the latest eyebrow trend, eyebrow lamination? It's basically where each individual hair is straightened to make the brows look more fluffy and full but they just look untidy and in need of a good brush with a spoolie. They look ridiculous

• Wow
Reactions: 4
She’s so bloody snippy, you can hear her sighing 🙄🙄as she jabs the keyboard with her indignation .

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Where are these people making all these requests? Into the ether?

Her grid is getting silly. All the tilted-head selfies look exactly the same. Even the most die-hard stan must be raising an upwardly brushed eyebrow by now?
Tut tut she gets 100s of PMs asking her. Wtf would it be a PM? Makes no sense.
Her grid is just a bit dull tbh. Most influencers try to mix it up a bit don't they?

Reactions: 2
She's very consumed with things being "proper". It must be exhausting having to police the opinions of the world like that

Reactions: 7
They are fab! Warning if u get a black one, when the scrunch in a bag ones are in a carrier bag they look like a old black bin bag, mine got chucked out by someone by mistake. They are perf for clubs with expensive cloakrooms as u can squeeze it into a your clutch
Thank you - got my eye on one still. Perhaps get a grey one then. Gutting got thrown out! Upgrade from a regatta which I wouldn’t go anywhere near a club in :LOL:

They are good! They run quite small though, if that’s helpful.
It is - thanks.

Her grid is just a bit dull tbh. Most influencers try to mix it up a bit don't they?
In light of the Liz Taylor worship, I'm hoping for a gradual progression into a Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?/Suddenly Last Summer type unravelling (not psychologically, obviously, I am not a monster, but aesthetically)

• Haha
Reactions: 5
In light of the Liz Taylor worship, I'm hoping for a gradual progression into a Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?/Suddenly Last Summer type unravelling (not psychologically, obviously, I am not a monster, but aesthetically)
Ooh actually that is a very good idea. I'm always a fan of the blue eyeshadow and kaftan era.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I've just watched Lisa Eldridge's latest (rosey glow using smaller indie brands eg an eyeshadow palette for £4) and it is well worth a look. Such a lovely manner and always some useful tips but it made me wonder has SH ever reviewed her lipsticks? I know SH often mentions readers requests but I can't believe she hasn't been asked numerous times about the LE range. Seems such a wierd omission.
I know LE seems to inhabit a different stratosphere compared to other beauty bods eg S and Caroline Hirons but even so.
I just watched it, so love her videos. She has massive appeal despite being premier league. She knows her craft so well, is actually interested in it, it never feels like she is rolling her eyes at having to do it. Plus, doing the indie brands a favour by making people aware of them is huge in terms of helping people up the ladder. Another thing Sali has completely missed the boat on, too much of this 🤑 Going on in SH head.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Love Lisa Eldridge and it’s weird that Sali has never mentioned the lipsticks
It is wierd isn't it? I'm fairly oblivious to most new launches but LE lipstick range is one I have seen discussed. Bit out of my price range sadly - but I like her and trust her.
I just watched it, so love her videos. She has massive appeal despite being premier league. She knows her craft so well, is actually interested in it, it never feels like she is rolling her eyes at having to do it. Plus, doing the indie brands a favour by making people aware of them is huge in terms of helping people up the ladder. Another thing Sali has completely missed the boat on, too much of this 🤑 Going on in SH head.
Yes! She just has 'it'. Stunningly beautiful and incredibly likeable. Her leg up to smaller brands founded by women is so well done. I would definitely look out for the powder, concealer and eye shadow palette she mentions.
She did a video with Alexa Chung (who I also love) on Alexa's YT channel recently. The look wasn't for me - very 80s - but it is lovely to see two women at the top of their game just enjoying each other and having fun.
It makes you wonder what SH niche actually is? Constantly slavishly following high end brands with the disclaimer - 'yes yes I know it is eyewateringly expensive but I've had so many requests I have to review it'. With the occasional cheap bone thrown in to appear relatable.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I love Alexa too. So self-deprecating and funny and somehow relatable

Reactions: 4
It is wierd isn't it? I'm fairly oblivious to most new launches but LE lipstick range is one I have seen discussed. Bit out of my price range sadly - but I like her and trust her.

Yes! She just has 'it'. Stunningly beautiful and incredibly likeable. Her leg up to smaller brands founded by women is so well done. I would definitely look out for the powder, concealer and eye shadow palette she mentions.
She did a video with Alexa Chung (who I also love) on Alexa's YT channel recently. The look wasn't for me - very 80s - but it is lovely to see two women at the top of their game just enjoying each other and having fun.
It makes you wonder what SH niche actually is? Constantly slavishly following high end brands with the disclaimer - 'yes yes I know it is eyewateringly expensive but I've had so many requests I have to review it'. With the occasional cheap bone thrown in to appear relatable.
And a token bad review on something that was always going to be terribly bad anyway, that peel off mask thing that was ordered on Facebook or somewhere. Do a bad review of something from EL group or similar and that might be believable

Reactions: 9
Just trying to get my 7 year old to go the **** to sleep and then I will tune in to Lisa’s tutorial ... thanks for the heads up

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Speaking of eyebrows and OT as not related to SH but has anyone else heard of the latest eyebrow trend, eyebrow lamination? It's basically where each individual hair is straightened to make the brows look more fluffy and full but they just look untidy and in need of a good brush with a spoolie. They look ridiculous
I thought it was a joke when I first saw it.

Utterly ridiculous :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Sarah Morgan? That name rings a bell. Wasn't she part of 'The Coven'?

But hey girl power 👊

Ever notice how most of Sali's ITB videos start with "this was one of my most requested ever" but the comments almost always ask for LE. I've said it before but I think LE is the celebrity makeup artist referenced in Pretty Honest (she didn't like her wedding makeup)

That also reminds me of SH's snooty comments about LE "she's a makeup artist, I'm a writer" LE has written a book, doesn't that make her a writer too?
I thought Mary Greenwell did her wedding day make up and Sam McKnight did her hair? I remember photos etc on her insta at the time. LE is an ‘internationally acclaimed make up artist’ and then some - definitely a different league 🤣! That must really grate 😎...

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.