Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

zcfthc5

Chatty Member
My apologies, perhaps there is less packaging buying from a middle man or does the middle man dispose of it instead?

(Although those sequins are everywhere in Selfridges and in all the packets of minis that I saw there, so I still think it is at odds for her to advise her readers to buy from companies that are 'trying', whilst soft influencing for McGrath who clearly couldn't give less of a shit)

Attachments

Reactions: 1

NotDumbNotBlonde

VIP Member
Her columns [...] also remind me of how much the guardian uses language that made younger me feel too uneducated to read it
I thought I had a reasonable vocabulary but a recent Grauniad article contained the word 'pelagic' - even after Googling it I couldn't work out WTF the writer was on about.

Last edited:

DCICassieStuart

VIP Member
Oh God does anybody remember how people used to go on and on and on about her bloody macaroni cheese on Gtl? People were losing their shit over it. Looked completely unremarkable.
Oh my God yes, I remember that. Arse lickers all over her because of her 'amazing' macaroni cheese. Looked decidedly average to me.

• Haha

pc2500

Have a look at Marian Keyes Instagram grid from about a week ago. She can't praise Hershesons enough for her hair extensions. Her and Sali were matey at one stage if I remember correctly? Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Sali do an 'In the bathroom' with her?
Sali invited Marian to one of her beauty get togethers (MK was previously a beauty editor for a magazine) I think about the time that MK was recovering from her bad depression so MK was swooning about how wonderful SH was. MK sent SH a pair of expensive shoes after one of her books was published but not sure how 'close' they would be now. She definitely overplays the stupid 'Oirish' isms, I used to receive her newsletter but had to unsubscribe as she couldn't write a paragraph without putting a few in.

expatfancy

Chatty Member
I’m hoping she has examined this sort of thing in her book of essays... I’m straight in with that. I like how considerate she is. (Pandora)

Also Alex Steinherr is banging on about the new EL foundation - it does look lovely . No ad declared though and I do like Alex even though she’s lit and filtered to high heaven she’s just got a nice , but bonkers way about her.
She's another one who denies botox (Apart from filler in her scar) when she clearly has botox in her forehead. She does have incredible skin though. I just wish for that transparency when promoting products.

Satisfying Click

VIP Member
OMG THAT POOR WOMAN

The narrator actually said she has an outfit that is 'infinitely more flattering' 🤥 bet those clothes went to the charity shop within a fortnight

Badabing101

VIP Member
Fuck sake. Block! All! Dissent! How utterly pathetic, tracking/blocking.

Sali bingo. I'm sure I've heard that before. Her word choice demonstrates her meagre mind as much as her #ipaidforthis haughtiness demonstrates her actual job - glorified QVC sales via Instagram.

And press treatments. Really.
Haughty. Spot on.

Badabing101

VIP Member
Ahhh okay - I think the make up looked ok until the lipgloss went on - it was too harsh.. also it looked better with her hair up.

Thanks @melfish for the link

lipsticktaser

VIP Member
Very true. I wonder if some of the other threads on here are how this thread got so mixed up in having such a backlash. Like, she saw some terrible comments and that justified acting like we are all harassing and abusing her.
I think some stuff on past posts re Carrie and her Mother were harsh. Although, put it online expect speculation.
Perhaps looking at the parenting ones, Mario’s and hinches means she can delegitimise any valid criticism by tarring all threads as the same.

Simplemind

Apparently selfies help the algorithm because they get more engagement ... I have no idea about that but it’s something I’ve heard bandied around

They are really good... don’t let it put you off. I’ve had one for years and swear by it (sorry I really sound like a git or a bit SH here)
Haha. No, really I think I want one. Look great. Thanks x

melfish

VIP Member
Equally then, who are you to label something good when beauty is such a subjective and diverse idea?
Exactly. Cuts both ways

It's a specious - and convenient - argument

Last edited:
Oh for fucks sake you are shitting me? SH had the absolute nerve to comment on Dawn's posts?
That could be so triggering for Dawn to see her name popping up at this incredibly sensitive time.
Said it before and I'll say it again - gaslighting. Trivialising and altering a shameful bullying past.

Just looked a Dawn's IG and someone has commented 'the absolute nerve of Sali Hughes commenting on the feed of a woman she bullied for years'. 😲
Really? Have they tagged SH? I couldn't see it.

Tesla's Ghost

VIP Member
It's like the "THEY CALLED MY FRIEND INDIA KNIGHT OF PRIMROSE HILL LONDON FAT" posts.
IK wrote a book called From Pig to Twig, so she pretty much insulted herself.
Can anyone give me a run down of what exactly she did to Esther Coren, please? I've googled and it's all rather vague...
I can't guarantee it will be exact, but Sali tore on Twitter some piece Esther wrote, here's the tweet. And here's the page that might provide more info https://tattle.life/threads/sali-hu...vented-the-aubergine-penis-emoji.2970/page-42

Attachments