Sali Hughes #10 Hiya! Am I in the wrong place? I came here to seethe about Sali.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am with you on this one, I’ve been really open minded about her ways etc but I think she really is one of those people that comes across so much better IRL. Generally people who are good on camera or stage are larger than life characters that can maybe be a bit too much IRL... there is a need to exaggerate and project ‘oneself’ and Sali doesn’t do this - she’s probably better in smaller groups and chatting as opposed to how she’s presenting herself these days ...
Yes, I think that's right. A few years ago I went to a panel discussion, with a small audience, at Selfridges that SH chaired and she did it very well. I asked a question and she responded in a warm, welcoming way. She had that way some people have of giving the impression of focusing entirely on you at the moment.

I think she has considerable personal charm which helps her to get people onside. Upthread I remembered recently how Estee Laundry pulled their post about SH after having a conversation with her. And she will doubtless have had a conversation around that time with her editor at the Guardian (which resulted in comments being disabled). At the time I remember reflecting on how effectively she would have managed those conversations.

To do well on camera though - YouTube, IGTV - I think you have to be without vanity. I think that's what makes Trinny, for example, such a natural for that media.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
‘Grave consequences’ to accountability says Sali, exploiting the Brendon example again because her ‘got caught stalking’ example isn’t quite as ‘grave’.
Christ , her self importance and all seeing knowledge in that piece🙄I can just picture her.

Reactions: 1
It will be interesting to know what people who have seen SH live thought of her.
I have both heard and read mixed reviews on this and I guess we are all different. Inconsistency is a SH trait I think so possibly comes over In all aspects.

Christ , her self importance and all seeing knowledge in that piece🙄I can just picture her.
she still can’t acknowledge that she herself has been responsible for hurting real people though. Zero self awareness strikes again.

Reactions: 4
The Brandon Truaxe episode was incredibly sad, and I really hope that everyone involved, both those who baited and who enabled him on social media took a long look at themselves and their actions after he died.

It’s also worth noting that SH was one of those who called him out publicly on his own Instagram for crossing a line, among many others. (For using a woman’s cancer to promote himself, it’s a complex, grey issue and I don’t necessarily think she was wrong to do it at the time.) However I think using his death now to make a point isn’t the best look.

Reactions: 3
The Brandon Truaxe episode was incredibly sad, and I really hope that everyone involved, both those who baited and who enabled him on social media took a long look at themselves and their actions after he died.

It’s also worth noting that SH was one of those who called him out publicly on his own Instagram for crossing a line, among many others. (For using a woman’s cancer to promote himself, it’s a complex, grey issue and I don’t necessarily think she was wrong to do it at the time.) However I think using his death now to make a point isn’t the best look.
Sali’s view is that it’s acceptable for her and totally within her right to berate, criticise and confront those who do and say things she finds offensive but if anyone else does it she cries troll and bully.

Reactions: 4
Also, on SHB there was a thread about Brandon and it was vicious. Sali herself was the one leading the charge against him (I didn't comment as beauty duh face I am had never heard of him!) I did note that the thread disappeared pretty fast after his death was announced.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
However I think using his death now to make a point isn’t the best look.
As far as I'm aware she didn't acknowledge his death at all on Twitter or Instagram. I was expecting a little write up for the Guardian's fashion section but, again, saw nothing.

I don't know the all the details about Truaxe. Is what she's saying correct? Someone commented when the print version of this article was shared that the dating profile was shared elsewhere (first?). Google isn't helping me.

She was sucking up to Leonard Lauder (BT's 'nemesis') not long before BT died. And indeed she's interviewed Aerin Lauder too, in very uncharacteristic submissive style. She (along with many others) wouldn't speak out about the BT situation for fear of her access to Lauder Companies I should think. Nothing is more important to SH than her own career, at pretty much any cost.

Reactions: 3
I hope no-one's forgotten that I'm allowed to come up with the title for the next thread...

Current thinking is: Sali Hughes #11 Half a person: a red lip, a pink tight, a leopard boot.

SH should like this particularly as 'Half a person' is the title of a Smiths song.
Should she henceforth perhaps, be known as Sali Hughe? I mean I presume there's only one of her.

I certainly hope so 😲

• Haha
Reactions: 14
‘A leopard boot, a pink tight all topped off with a satisfying click for Sali Hughe. PAID FOR OBVS’

New thread title suggestion :)

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Sali Hughe showcasing a glowy base, a neutral brown eye and a nude ("inner fleshtone" is the bokish way I believe she described it in a recent column) lip. Hughe's trademark look can be achieved by a myriad of different products, mindbogglng in their numerosity, but has the distinction that no matter which and how many products are employed in it's creation it always looks the bleeping same.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Oooooppppsssss Sorry @Aude this is your gig (thread title)

‘An edit, a click, a bright red lip, obviously I paid for it’

Sali Hughe the fashion singular: "so bleeping chic!"
I think it's @Aude 's choice of title because of a bit of a cock up on the title front for this thread.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.