Sali Hughes #10 Hiya! Am I in the wrong place? I came here to seethe about Sali.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How about Sally Sally pride of the alley

ok leaves quietly

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I think it's @Aude 's choice of title because of a bit of a cock up on the title front for this thread.
How kind of you to remember! But, being the Peoples Democratic Republic of Tattle I'd suggest we pick our title in the usual way - a couple of people put up suggestions, some get more likes than others and then whoever has worked out how to start a new thread does what they think's best.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Sali Hughe showcasing a glowy base, a neutral brown eye and a nude ("inner fleshtone" is the bokish way I believe she described it in a recent column) lip.
You've just reminded me of the time there was a big discussion on GTL about MLBB (my lips but better, basically a nude 'lip') and someone said that if you're looking for MLBB, you should be looking at your, erm, 'other lips', I believe was the way it was phrased and applying a colour that matched 😳

• Haha
Reactions: 4
@DCICassieStuart that’s brilliant. Can’t wait to see a sponsored IG vid demonstrating that trick.
Reason #56896 not to get your bumhole bleached - you’d lose the reference colour for the perfect eyeshadow shade for the school run.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
First it's nipples, now it's "other lips", do I need to go to my gynecologist with a selection of nude lipsticks for them to decide? How about a proctologist?

@BostonFernGreen Beat me to it :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 6
How about a bonding gal’s night in with the Avon rep? The NHS could lease out the stirrups thereby creating an extra income stream. Everyone wins.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Time for me to sound po-faced again. I am against mispelling Sali because the deliberate mispelling of a "foreign" name for jokes is, I think, crappy and beneath us. Apologies for the snotty tone but I don't know how else to say it.

Reactions: 20
Time for me to sound po-faced again. I am against mispelling Sali because the deliberate mispelling of a "foreign" name for jokes is, I think, crappy and beneath us. Apologies for the snotty tone but I don't know how else to say it.
I agree with this

Reactions: 4
Just to say I agree with you on that. I did initially assume that 'Sali' was an affectation but I do know now that it's not.

Just to say I agree with you on that. I did initially assume that 'Sali' was an affectation but I do know now that it's not.
Yes, that hadn't occurred to me that it could be thought an affectation rather than the spelling of the Welsh name. I was thinking this was known but forgetting some will be commenting not having seen past threads. I've no wish to make other commentators feel uncomfortable or called out.

I also thought the same. I didn’t know it was spelt that way in Welsh. Even more confusing though is that I have Welsh relatives of which one is called Sally and spelt Sally!

The irony is of course that her tight, lip, eye, boot and trouser are the only singular things about our Sal. (This is a very clever pun about SH being basic but I admit it needs some work and I can't be arsed.)

• Haha
Reactions: 5
What about...
‘It’s not an affectation, it’s a pink tight, red lip and a leopard boot’
I have no idea how set up a new thread btw

The irony is of course that her tight, lip, eye, boot and trouser are the only singular things about our Sal. (This is a very clever pun about SH being basic but I admit it needs some work and I can't be arsed.)
Also like this one

The Brandon Truaxe episode was incredibly sad, and I really hope that everyone involved, both those who baited and who enabled him on social media took a long look at themselves and their actions after he died.

It’s also worth noting that SH was one of those who called him out publicly on his own Instagram for crossing a line, among many others. (For using a woman’s cancer to promote himself, it’s a complex, grey issue and I don’t necessarily think she was wrong to do it at the time.) However I think using his death now to make a point isn’t the best look.
When his behaviour started taking a bit of a turn, most of the ‘industry’ totally turned their back on him. He had done wrong, but it was so clear that he was unwell to anyone who had the faintest idea of the whole situation. I remember all the ‘big names’ in beauty broadly avoiding any mention of his products. I remember in particular a vlog with maybe AMR and Nadine Baggott; where one of them said to the other that it was ok to talk about The Ordinary’s products again, as L’Oreal had pulled the rug out from under Brandon and therefore it could be mentioned, and actually wasn’t a particular product made by The Ordinary great? Yeah, it was great even when Brandon’s mental health resulted in his problematic behaviour.

My second suggestion, following from @Mselvista above...

Sali Hughes #11: A red lip, a pink tight, a leopard boot - how very singular!

• Heart
I can’t understand why SH went on the record for that Glamour article but then spoke of someone else’s experience and not her own. Almost as if her own experience with Estée Laundry/being held accountable was totally reasonable and fair 🧐

She makes a valid point that the people who appear on the internet have feelings and families.

Does she usually choose to pile on to people without feelings or families then? That implies some forethought yet the content of her tweets implies the opposite (ie someone has had plastic surgery she doesn’t like or whatever or someone is so extremely annoying they should go and sit inside a dustbin: these are not the insightful/illuminating comments of a meditator)

V. Interesting to consider who holds responsibility for hurting other people’s feelings. For example Boris Johnson has a family. Would we say he is responsible for exposing his family to the inevitable public critique or would we say those who critique him are hurting real, live humans(!).

Obviously very different as BJ directly responsible for wellbeing of many and is elected representative of said many. There are similarities tho in that any career which hinges on public support is every day asking ‘do you approve?’ Is the answer only allowed to be yes?! Or if it’s no, does it have to be silent? How absolutely bizarrely specific.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.