Saffron Barker #6 Quarantining is pretend, did I tell you that I have a boyfriend?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
in fairness this person might not have known,I didn’t know. Also Wendy works for her, so it’s not out of reach for her to get her stories proof read, it would be expected of her if she worked professionally. At the end of the day it’s her job, we all need help with some things, for example I have autism, it’s not an excuse to do your work poorly when you have the opportunity to improve
Don’t think dyslexia is an excuse,I’m dyslexic found it hard in school but I don’t think it takes long to proof read and check if you’ve spelt everything right ?personally I would be embarrassed. Anytime she talks about her having dyslexia she literally just uses it as an excuse for her being thick when in fact it’s not the dyslexia she is just so bloody thick. She acts like people who have this are thick I went to a good university and got a law degree and a masters having dyslexia is not an excuse for being thick. Literally Einstein and Stephan hawking were dyslexic obviously not comparing myself to them but she’s literally can’t use it as an excuse I just don’t think she tried at school. Obviously the education system doesn’t suit everyone but when she talks about school she always portrays it to not be important which shows how little she thinks about what she says when there are so many young Girls watching her that are impressionable who think that it’s not important after watching her.
Fair enough, I just thought the way the OP spoke about it was abit rude. I have dyslexia and no matter how many times I proof read something I will still miss my spelling mistakes. You’re right she could get Wendy too proof read, I always get my mom to proof read my uni essays (dyslexia didn’t stop me from going to a Russel group university).
I struggled in GCSE English, always got more spelling mistakes than actual marksa lot of times and it upset me when people called me dumb because it’s not as easy to proof read to check to see if you’ve spelt it right when you mayhave no clue that it’s wrong in the first place.

deffo don’t agree with her outlook on school and education but don’t think you should be criticising someone’s spelling when their dyslexic and telling them just to proof read when she probably has no clue it’s spelt wrong.

Reactions: 3
I didn't know she was dyslexic so I didn't mean to be rude to dyslexic people. So I'm sorry that you are offended by my post. Her spelling mistakes are more like typos, where she just types quickly and doesn't check what she's written. Which is what I meant by her looking lazy and at the end of it looking dumb as all other influencers correct their mistakes but she doesn't bother. She just doesn't care.

Reactions: 8
Don’t think dyslexia is an excuse,I’m dyslexic found it hard in school but I don’t think it takes long to proof read and check if you’ve spelt everything right ?personally I would be embarrassed. Anytime she talks about her having dyslexia she literally just uses it as an excuse for her being thick when in fact it’s not the dyslexia she is just so bloody thick. She acts like people who have this are thick I went to a good university and got a law degree and a masters having dyslexia is not an excuse for being thick. Literally Einstein and Stephan hawking were dyslexic obviously not comparing myself to them but she’s literally can’t use it as an excuse I just don’t think she tried at school. Obviously the education system doesn’t suit everyone but when she talks about school she always portrays it to not be important which shows how little she thinks about what she says when there are so many young Girls watching her that are impressionable who think that it’s not important after watching her.
I’m dyslexic and for uni work I would get my bf to proof read work for spelling or grammar mistakes. Saffron’s mum could quite easily do this.

Also she definitely had her lips done just looked back at old vlogs and you can tell

Fair enough, I just thought the way the OP spoke about it was abit rude. I have dyslexia and no matter how many times I proof read something I will still miss my spelling mistakes. You’re right she could get Wendy too proof read, I always get my mom to proof read my uni essays (dyslexia didn’t stop me from going to a Russel group university).
I struggled in GCSE English, always got more spelling mistakes than actual marksa lot of times and it upset me when people called me dumb because it’s not as easy to proof read to check to see if you’ve spelt it right when you mayhave no clue that it’s wrong in the first place.

deffo don’t agree with her outlook on school and education but don’t think you should be criticising someone’s spelling when their dyslexic and telling them just to proof read when she probably has no clue it’s spelt wrong.
I defiantly don’t hold it against her, my older brother is severely dyslexic to the point where he can often struggle to spell his own name and he’s in his 20s. I understand it can be difficult, having the odd slip up or misspell complicated words. I just genuinely don’t think it’s that difficult to get into the habit of saying ‘mum is this ok before I post it?’. Not only will it make her seem more professional, but it will show she cares about her job and takes pride in doing it well, as well as make the impression that she has actually tried, because it is not her followers responsibility to know she has a learning disability and it can come off as quite careless to those who might not be aware

Reactions: 2
I didn't know she was dyslexic so I didn't mean to be rude to dyslexic people. So I'm sorry that you are offended by my post. Her spelling mistakes are more like typos, where she just types quickly and doesn't check what she's written. Which is what I meant by her looking lazy and at the end of it looking dumb as all other influencers correct their mistakes but she doesn't bother. She just doesn't care.
Yeah I agree I think it’s just pure laziness because essentially Instagram is her ‘brand’ if you look at it like that would you not proofread everything and make sure it’s to a certain standard like any other business would ? If she can put so much effort into editing pics would you not put in effort just to proof read a few words it’s not like she has a very broad vocabulary use already

I just think education was ever something that was pushed with her not saying that’s bad I just think Wendy wanted some ‘Child star’ and pushed her to do anything that would get her well known which is evident from the podcast which is quite scary

Reactions: 4
I read somewhere (I think another thread) that often influencers leave the typos there / do it on purpose as people will message to correct them which is engagement! Wouldn’t put it past her tbh

• Wow
Reactions: 15
I’ve listened to half of the podcast. I actually think Saffron comes across really well on it, Wendy obviously wants her kids to succeed but it doesn’t come across well for her to be honest she does seem very controlling like she’s pushed Saffron all her life

Reactions: 7
Interesting ..

Chats so much tit. When has she ever mentioned sign language or exploring that "world"? I'm not saying she has to mention it for it to be true but she has bought up her being partially deaf or hard of hearing a few times and has never mentioned sign. Only the fact Jed was hospitalised and thats why she shouts sometimes as she cant hear herself. They also dont have to wear hearing aids or any of that. What a reach. Also, those masks were clearly only for the documentary as she has only ever worn normal masks with no see through film.

Also, has she ever said she's dyslexic as I've never heard her say it seriously? I''m sure she said she self-diagnosed it and said she "thinks" she's dyslexic which is very different to she IS.

Reactions: 11
I don’t believe her being hard of hearing was as dramatic as she makes out in the video. I reckon she had grommets fitted as a child which is usually for glue ear. I had the same thing. It had zero effect on my life as a child apart from having the tv up loud 🤣 she’s pathetic. Anything for bleeping attention and beggy comments from her fans

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I don’t believe her being hard of hearing was as dramatic as she makes out in the video. I reckon she had grommets fitted as a child which is usually for glue ear. I had the same thing. It had zero effect on my life as a child apart from having the tv up loud 🤣 she’s pathetic. Anything for bleeping attention and beggy comments from her fans
I only saw the bit that said ‘I was hard of hearing so I want to get to know the deaf community cause that could’ve been me’ NOPE I’m out. It’s not you though is it?

I don’t know the ins and outs of her hearing but all of my family have had hearing problems as kids and now as adults we are all fine. I think you are right on it but being that dramatic

Reactions: 14
I only saw the bit that said ‘I was hard of hearing so I want to get to know the deaf community cause that could’ve been me’ NOPE I’m out. It’s not you though is it?

I don’t know the ins and outs of her hearing but all of my family have had hearing problems as kids and now as adults we are all fine. I think you are right on it but being that dramatic
Yes I’m literally fine as an adult! I’ve never thought ‘oh I could have been deaf’ I’d be interested to watch her “almost deaf” story just for the bullshit, and why not just get to know the deaf community anyway and not plaster it all over the internet 🙄 I’m hating her more and more every day

Haha I had grommits too, had them in when I was 6. One fell out when I was still young and another when it was like 24 🤣! They could operate to get them out sooner but it’s a big risk. I do hope that’s not it

Reactions: 2
Haha I had grommits too, had them in when I was 6. One fell out when I was still young and another when it was like 24 🤣! They could operate to get them out sooner but it’s a big risk. I do hope that’s not it
Mine fell out too 🤣 weirdest thing ever

Are they meant to? Cause mine did and my brothers did 😂 he had them like 5 times I swear haha
Yesss my mum took me to the drs and they said they’re supposed too. I’m sure saffron’s did and it was the most dramatic thing ever and she’s lucky she’s not deaf. Honestly can’t wait to see what rubbish she comes up with in this 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Am I the only one that can't stand when in her eating challenges she puts food in her mouth and says "sho good" with her mouth full? She does it about 10 times in one video.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.