Saffron Barker #5 okay, we get it Saffy B! you’re finally getting some D

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m not sure how much you know about TikTok so please ignore me if I’m teaching you to suck eggs, but the content that you see on your daughter’s account is based on the content that she’s interacting with, which suggests that she is either liking or commenting on ED related videos - might be worth an open chat with her.

If Saffron ever did do an ED video, she would 100% glamourise it, not show it for how awful it really is.
Thank you so much for letting me know this, I will speak to her & keep a closer eye on her! I wish there was a way where you could have tik tok but only for watching & filming the dances as she is obsessed with that side of it. (I dont let her post the dances on tik tok as I'm scared who is on there watching!) She just saves them to my phone

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Thank you so much for letting me know this, I will speak to her & keep a closer eye on her! I wish there was a way where you could have tik tok but only for watching & filming the dances as she is obsessed with that side of it. (I dont let her post the dances on tik tok as I'm scared who is on there watching!) She just saves them to my phone
just to add in case you don’t already know and it may be helpful to you, you can click on the arrow under the comment button and then select not interested. It will hopefully stop things like that coming onto her for you page.

Reactions: 11
just to add in case you don’t already know and it may be helpful to you, you can click on the arrow under the comment button and then select not interested. It will hopefully stop things like that coming onto her for you page.
Aw fab, thank you! I didnt know you can do that will go & do that now. I can work facebook/insta no problem but couldnt make head or tail of tik tok... must be what happens when you turn 30! 🙈 thanks so much everyone for your help!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
oh 10000000%
Anxiety, eating disorders, anything to do with mental health is goldmine content for influencers!!
It's so sad tho
Because there are people out there who are actually struggling with them😔
And as much as I think it's good to spread awareness on these disorders, to talk about them, to give advices etc, imo these kind of topics are very delicate and should remain out of social media. Influencers are not experts nor doctors, they dont know the right words to use when dealing with these topics and therefore they could do more damage than good

Reactions: 9
She’s been ‘too busy’ to make a video for today 🤦🏼‍♀️ Too busy doing what? This is literally her job...

Reactions: 28
I really wish fitness/gym wear companies would stop working with influencers who do nothing but promote a negative relationship with food/exercise

Reactions: 28
It's so sad tho
Because there are people out there who are actually struggling with them😔
And as much as I think it's good to spread awareness on these disorders, to talk about them, to give advices etc, imo these kind of topics are very delicate and should remain out of social media. Influencers are not experts nor doctors, they dont know the right words to use when dealing with these topics and therefore they could do more damage than good
oh it’s absolutely doing more harm than good, influencers don’t raise awareness,

they make mental illnesses “goals” 😐

it’s so dangerous but it’s especially dangerous when it comes to eating disorders,
A lot of very young or very vulnerable people follow this idiot,
they want to be like her (that’s why her tacky as duck Inthestyle tit is selling despite looking like cheap tat 🤦‍♀️)

I don’t think she’s underweight and I actually think saffron eats a LOT more than she admits to!
But people will follow her “diet” or if/when she comes out with her “my eating disorder” story they will copy that as well, just to be like saffy.

10000% if she tweet

“Is anyone else struggling with food since lockdown”
The stans would be right in there
“YES!!! I’m starting a diet”
“YASSSS I NEED THE GYM”

“Is anyone getting scared to go out since lockdown”
“Yes!!!! I’m the same saff”
“Omg me!!”

Its tragic. 🤦‍♀️ The sheep are tragic,
and because they’re so tragic it makes these “MH” games so dangerous,
and I’m calling them “games” because influencers KNOW how good a MH storyline is for clicks and likes 😬

She’s been ‘too busy’ to make a video for today 🤦🏼‍♀️ Too busy doing what? This is literally her job...
I assume she’s with her boyfriend, staring at him, making sure the exits are blocked, checking he doesn’t leave....
you know she has a boyfriend?

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
Why does she have to post every single time she works out omg! We get it you’re up at 7am, but guess what?? So are the majority of us, to do real things like go to work or look after children. Stop showing off

Reactions: 36
What is sad is so many girls (and boys) suffer from EDs, I have myself and a lot of my friends have too - i blame it on toxic sports environments and the competiveness of Ed’s. She could make such a helpful video, bringing to light how common it is and how to get help but I like others said she’s probably gonna glamorise it.

I don’t find her really triggering especially after watching Emily canham (that girl is obsessed with sizing and beefing ‘skinny’) but I do understand how she’s portraying this toxic eating lifestyle and I really hope she gets help

Reactions: 10
What is sad is so many girls (and boys) suffer from EDs, I have myself and a lot of my friends have too - i blame it on toxic sports environments and the competiveness of Ed’s. She could make such a helpful video, bringing to light how common it is and how to get help but I like others said she’s probably gonna glamorise it.

I don’t find her really triggering especially after watching Emily canham (that girl is obsessed with sizing and beefing ‘skinny’) but I do understand how she’s portraying this toxic eating lifestyle and I really hope she gets help
I think the amount she’s exercising is also toxic and could be triggering to some who do or have suffered with ED’s, or even OCD. We get it, she exercises, we don’t need to know that she’s got up at 6:30 to go to the gym/swim in the sea - how would someone in recovery feel seeing that? It would give them the urge to exercise which goes hand in hand with EDs.
She really doesn’t need to announce every time she works out, plenty of people work out daily and don’t need to tell the world. Advocate a healthy lifestyle yes - don’t advocate an obsessive healthy lifestyle.

Reactions: 21
I film a lot of my workouts but its literally my job. If im not recording, I will boomerang like my cycling and thats it. If any of you ever need any advice when it comes to exercise or anything, please do dm me

• Heart
Reactions: 10
My daughter loves to watch Rosie Mclelland (sp?) on youtube, she makes pretty kid friendly videos & songs & she's only about 12 herself. I noticed she is on holiday with her family & has been getting some flack for it on Instagram from young girls saying its selfish etc (to be fair it's hardly Rosie's fault she didn't book the holiday!) But it did make me think this pandemic could lose all these social media "stars" fans because if you are stuck following loads of covid rules at school/work etc & all you see are these people carrying on as if they are immune to the virus & jet setting all over eventually its going to get on your nerves even if you are an obsessed pre-teen. I can see saffron's holiday with ana being a bit of a nail in the coffin... or maybe that's just wishful thinking! 😂

Reactions: 7
She obviously has some sort of issue with her body, she has a nice figure imo and I doubt she realizes it's an issue at this point, she seems oblivious to it. And for her to say she was her biggest probably comes from the fact she'd have received nasty comments on the Daily Mail - just look what they said about Molly Mae recently, it was horrible! I hope she overcomes whatever issue it is she has and learns to love and accept her body, young girls look up to her but she can't give advice until she helps herself really, can she?

Reactions: 14
So this came up on my FYP - someone made a TikTok about who they think would judge them if they wore a bikini at the beach - the comments 😂.
6B7537FE-1074-4629-BAFD-1F60FAB0ACBF.png

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I find her polarising tbh. Her what I eat in a day videos and obsessive exercise regime just doesn't add up with her figure. I'm not body shaming her by any means, but she's clearly either lying about what she really eats or doesn't do as much exercise as she claims. In my personal opinion, I think it's the former. I think she has a ton of insecurities to be harping on about food/exercise every single moment. She shouldn't be projecting onto such a young audience!

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Please search #saffronbarker on TikTok, I’ve been on a binge for a good hour, there’s so many people calling her out 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 15
And of course the new vlog starts with an early morning working out session

EDIT:
minutes 2 and she's on the second workout of her day

• Wow
Reactions: 12
9404FF55-4E3A-46A4-BA19-9EE577C01ECE.jpeg

It looks like she was only wearing a mask for the camera so people didn’t have a go at her!!!!!!

• Wow
Reactions: 15
I've stopped watching her vlogs. I've only watched the boyfriend tag but none prior and none since. Personally I don't need to see her working herself to the brink of exhaustion and feel tit about myself. I have enough self awareness to know I don't need to work out but her vlogs make me FEEL like I should be. I know I'm skinny and I know I'm fit. I know I can eat what I want and not worry about putting weight on so it begs the question why I feel like tit for sitting down and watching her work herself to exhaustion in the gym? Its so unhealthy for her and for her audience to see.

I dont know why she seems to be blind to her actions? How does she think 3 workouts in one day is normal? How is 1 workout 7 days a week normal?! Even olympic bleeping athletes take rest days because they are so important. She's off her head and her mum seems to only be fuelling her unhealthy obsession with fitness. YES, it might make her feel better about herself but she cant just go for a run every time she feels sad. Thats unhealthy within itself.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.