SacconeJolys #82 All my verifications are invisible

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Children are expected to attend school full time from the September following their 4th birthday. Andrea was born 15 August 2018, so has had to be in school full time since 1 September - but will always be one of the youngest in his academic year.
I thought children could be deferred until they were 5 if the parents chose? My daughter has twins in her class who are a full year old then everyone else as they began school at 5 ( due to being prem) and then turned 6 in June in reception, whereas everyone else was either just 5 or turned 5 during reception.

Reactions: 7
Schools not compulsory in the uk until 5 so Andrea doesn’t have to be in full time

Reactions: 10
How does Andrea cope during the day if he is awake at 5am or earlier? No wonder he falls asleep during the day. I was stunned to see him on the ipad in his pj's before school :eek: Then dragged kicking and screaming to get dressed for a day in class. It's beyond madness and cruel.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
If I remember rightly, the school offers 3 and 5 half days for his age, and the SJs of course went for 5...
for people who have made their entire job filming their kids, they really try to get rid of them at any opportunity don't they? :confused:

• Sad
Reactions: 17
Tiddle is fairly commonly used. Of all the things the silly bleep does, this is not notable
99.9% of things these cunts do are ‘notable’ no matter how insignificant or significant they are and what you think measures as notable doesn’t count, their serious misconduct and inappropriate behaviour from a sick and twisted father and child exploiter we have seen as a whole over the years have been disturbing to say the least, so yes, even a tickle is worthy of attention.

• Heart
Schools not compulsory in the uk until 5 so Andrea doesn’t have to be in full time
That's what I was trying to say. My two were in foundation for two hours a day until they were five. A lot of schools in my area (Yorkshire) now start the new school year in June/July ......it apparently stops children from being too anxious in the six week holiday

Reactions: 4
To be fair on the school point, a bit harsh. Most parents don’t defer their kids in the UK. It’s rare. My daughter was 4 in August & she started full time school in September, along with several other summer babies in her class & the other two classes. My NCT group is 10 summer born babies, they all started school in September too. I’m not against deferring if you think it’s right for your kid but most people don’t do it. They are not unusual on this one. bleeping awful with everything else.

Reactions: 14
Thread suggestion : Saccone jolys #83 Slap Dash Decorating - Anna's still infuriating!

That's what I was trying to say. My two were in foundation for two hours a day until they were five. A lot of schools in my area (Yorkshire) now start the new school year in June/July ......it apparently stops children from being too anxious in the six week holiday
This is surely nursery? Not reception? I’m a teacher & I’ve worked in about 20 schools. I’ve never seen this. Kids get deferred a year or very occasionally do half days only in reception but never just a couple hours, it’d be horribly disruptive. Nursery, you can choose what you want..

To be fair on the school point, a bit harsh. Most parents don’t defer their kids in the UK. It’s rare. My daughter was 4 in August & she started full time school in September, along with several other summer babies in her class & the other two classes. My NCT group is 10 summer born babies, they all started school in September too. I’m not against deferring if you think it’s right for your kid but most people don’t do it. They are not unusual on this one. bleeping awful with everything else.
I understand where you're coming from but, the poor little fella looks exhausted......If he were mine, I would defer

This is surely nursery? Not reception? I’m a teacher & I’ve worked in about 20 schools. I’ve never seen this. Kids get deferred a year or very occasionally do half days only in reception but never just a couple hours, it’d be horribly disruptive. Nursery, you can choose what you want..
Early Years Foundation Stage (Nursery / Reception) is for children aged three to five years old and is the first stage of their education. The key focus during this part of the national curriculum is on teaching them routine and easing them into the idea of learning in a structured environment. Before the age of 5 when they begin key stage one - EYFS focuses on play rather than structured learning.

I didn't make the text bold...I copied and pasted

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I understand where you're coming from but, the poor little fella looks exhausted......If he were mine, I would defer

Early Years Foundation Stage (Nursery / Reception) is for children aged three to five years old and is the first stage of their education. The key focus during this part of the national curriculum is on teaching them routine and easing them into the idea of learning in a structured environment. Before the age of 5 when they begin key stage one - EYFS focuses on play rather than structured learning.

I didn't make the text bold...I copied and pasted
The issue is, A2 is better off in school.
The reason of his lack of skills and development is not by any means his intellectual or intelligence, but the neglect of parenting. He has better chance to get in school structure going to year R and after school clubs now as they focus on to make sure kids are ready for Y1.
If he was left just with parents he will struggle much more. Same like Es will do once they are in secondary school

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
Good job he hasn’t got any mates, they’d have torn him to shreds with that tit paint job !

It’s not renovating it’s decorating you twit

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I’m an American who also wondered why he was in a 5-day school at age 4, but everyone on here told me that was an acceptable and normal for UK. And I also changed my mind in Andrea “at school” and believe it is also better for him, because he would be on an iPad if he were at home. For 15 hours of the day, maybe more.

Plus, he has an opportunity of getting spoken to more, listened to more, and eating something that is real and not Nutella.

My own son, started Kindergarten in August and turned 6 in September. I wouldn’t have changed a thing about his intro to school.

Reactions: 12
I’m an American who also wondered why he was in a 5-day school at age 4, but everyone on here told me that was an acceptable and normal for UK. And I also changed my mind in Andrea “at school” and believe it is also better for him, because he would be on an iPad if he were at home. For 15 hours of the day, maybe more.
They start at 3 where I live! What age do they start in the states? I do personally think 3 & 4 is to young and they’d benefit so much more from starting at 5 years old

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
They start at 3 where I live! What age do they start in the states? I do personally think 3 & 4 is to young and they’d benefit so much more from starting at 5 years old
The United States starts full-time school at age 5. As a young mom, my daughter turned 5 in mid-June and started school in August. She was the youngest child in her class. She was capable of all the academics, but emotionally she has suffered in life. She didn’t understand why some kids were mean (and granted her school was pretty bad), but we had a lot of aggressive older children in her classes…. And so if I have any regret as a parent it is starting a child who just turned 5 in Kindergarten.

I learned from my mistake and started my son as the older student, and it’s like night and day. Both my kids are introverted by the way, kind of like Edourdo/Edie was, and so you can see how temperament and emotional maturity can really impact a child.

Edited to add: As long as a child is 5 before Oct. 1st, they can start Kindergarten in the U.S.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
it impacts them emotionally in infants but if im honest all of the top set lot at my school and year were all born in the summer! i realistically only think it’s noticeable when they are younger and still in the milestone part of their life

Reactions: 6
The United States starts full-time school at age 5. As a young mom, my daughter turned 5 in mid-June and started school in August. She was the youngest child in her class. She was capable of all the academics, but emotionally she has suffered in life. She didn’t understand why some kids were mean (and granted her school was pretty bad), but we had a lot of aggressive older children in her classes…. And so if I have any regret as a parent it is starting a child who just turned 5 in Kindergarten.

I learned from my mistake and started my son as the older student, and it’s like night and day. Both my kids are introverted by the way, kind of like Edourdo/Edie was, and so you can see how temperament and emotional maturity can really impact a child.
I defiantly think the uk need to reevaluate the age children start school although it’s going to cost me a fortune in childcare so it’s catch 22 😫

If they put him to bed at a reasonable hour and he stayed there til a reasonable hour then him being at school wouldn’t be an issue. Thousands of 4 year olds are in FTE and don’t struggle the way he does. It’s because he gets up at 5 to play on his iPad.

• Sad
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.