SacconeJolys #3 Cold shower punishments

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Emily Norris is and so is Mrs meldrum
Sarah ingham isn’t, did she ever?

Nearly 800 likes and not one person saying they agree with the cold showers.

I personally think this will take off, maybe a video will be made. Then the bigger influencers will speak up of how awful it all is.

Even though they have known for days and not said anything about it.

Reactions: 6
Hi guys.
I’ve been reading this thread and others on tattle for a few weeks. My mind has been opened to the sad reality of children being used for money making purposes. I am a mum of three, also a teacher. I am a fan of letting children be children. I am also a fan of guiding children to be kind and conscientious members of society. Sometimes this entails discipline, but the levels of discipline vary from family to family. Family is intimate. It is safe. It is love. It is guidance. Sometimes I’m stressed and yell, sometimes I growl, sometimes I give dirty looks. I know this is me losing control. I quietly reflect and try harder the next day. I can’t see how publicly shaming a child, for being a child is acceptable.

Not one blue tick has addressed this. Cold showers are horrid, but sadly recommended by some. The cold shower in itself is horrid, but the true pain and torture here is the child being exposed. The lack of intimacy. Sharing moments that need to be kept private and special.

Childhood is a series of special moments that need to kept in the mind and hearts of the family. We as people can not be defined by the actions of our youth.

Sorry for the incredibly long message but my heart is heavy regarding this case.

Keep our children safe.

Respect their privacy.

Give them a safe space.

Home is intimate.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
Is anyone talking to the brands she deals with?
Some of you managed to stop brands working with Mrs meldrum, this needs to be done for this animal too.

Reactions: 10
Hi guys.
I’ve been reading this thread and others on tattle for a few weeks. My mind has been opened to the sad reality of children being used for money making purposes. I am a mum of three, also a teacher. I am a fan of letting children be children. I am also a fan of guiding children to be kind and conscientious members of society. Sometimes this entails discipline, but the levels of discipline vary from family to family. Family is intimate. It is safe. It is love. It is guidance. Sometimes I’m stressed and yell, sometimes I growl, sometimes I give dirty looks. I know this is me losing control. I quietly reflect and try harder the next day. I can’t see how publicly shaming a child, for being a child is acceptable.

Not one blue tick has addressed this. Cold showers are horrid, but sadly recommended by some. The cold shower in itself is horrid, but the true pain and torture here is the child being exposed. The lack of intimacy. Sharing moments that need to be kept private and special.

Childhood is a series of special moments that need to kept in the mind and hearts of the family. We as people can not be defined by the actions of our youth.

Sorry for the incredibly long message but my heart is heavy regarding this case.

Keep our children safe.

Respect their privacy.

Give them a safe space.

Home is intimate.
Using cold showers as punishment is abusive. There have been people found guilty in court for using that as a punishment.

Reactions: 14
Using cold showers as punishment is abusive. There have been people found guilty in court for using that as a punishment.
In my eyes this would be considered abuse. I strongly believe that. But sadly I think the family in question read some misleading and incorrect advice applied it to their discipline method. I think it is horrid and cruel. I also feel the bigger issue is child privacy and protection Sorry if I didn’t explain correctly or upset anyone x

Reactions: 5
Screenshot_20190818_224846.jpg

Screenshot_20190818_224836.jpg

Screenshot_20190818_224820.jpg

Screenshot_20190818_224752.jpg

Surely one of these newspapers would pick the story up? Anyone any contacts in any of the above? Journalists are normal thirsty for a story like this. Maybe an Irish Paper wouldn't be as restricted. I know the Journal.ie have balls for stories.

Reactions: 7
Hi guys.

Keep our children safe.

Respect their privacy.

Give them a safe space.

Home is intimate.
Yeah and it's also that the child didn't choose the cold shower. For example if an adult chose to have a cold shower then I say go for it if it's your choice but the child had no say in it and the torture was forced upon her to hurt her. If someone forced a cold shower on me to punish me I'd feel so distraught and violated and I'm an adult so I wonder how that poor child felt. to me the true pain and torture of this incident is how betrayed, hurt, powerless and small she must have felt. Those kids deserve privacy but also deserve to not be abused like this. Imo these are all just different sides of abuse we're seeing like not giving your kid privacy and exploiting them at the risk of leaving them open to pedophiles and also punishing them physically and I'm sure there's many others. Before I used to think it was only the privacy thing and exploiting them but all around those kids are being hurt

Btw I hope this didn't come across lecturely?

Reactions: 8
Cold showers have been mentioned a few times by the SJs, not just in the one with Emilia and her dolls. Going back to August 13 2017, at the end of a vlog called 'I Saw a Medium and it Worked', towards the very end of the vlog Anna discusses putting the children in the shower with her sister Erika. Erika asks if she means cold showers and Anna gives a very strange look to the camera and says no, warm showers. Something very bad has been going on in that household for a very long time imo.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
Cold showers have been mentioned a few times by the SJs, not just in the one with Emilia and her dolls. Going back to August 13 2017, at the end of a vlog called 'I Saw a Medium and it Worked', towards the very end of the vlog Anna discusses putting the children in the shower with her sister Erika. Erika asks if she means cold showers and Anna gives a very strange look to the camera and says no, warm showers. Something very bad has been going on in that household for a very long time imo.
Oh wow. Have you got the video and time stamp?

Reactions: 1
Very very weird!!

Mod edit: updated to go to the right part

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
I googled the sacconejolys and it predicted cold showers in the search. There is change.org petition to get this reported officially. I 've signed. This is physical and emotional abuse. And the lying/ denying it just vile. The Google search also showed others who have shown their video unedited with all the 5 references to food showers. When she said to him... , was it terrible?' And he replied yeah, that made my mind up to sign it. That's her admitting it was going to be cruel and unpleasant. She s two so obviously didn't want to lie trapped in her cot in her own tit!!! Toilet train her you nasty cruel clueless parents.

• Angry
Reactions: 5
Also - is it just me or have comments been disabled on that video?!

Reactions: 2
In my eyes this would be considered abuse. I strongly believe that. But sadly I think the family in question read some misleading and incorrect advice applied it to their discipline method. I think it is horrid and cruel. I also feel the bigger issue is child privacy and protection Sorry if I didn’t explain correctly or upset anyone x
Sorry, I wrote too quick a response. I see what you mean. I do agree about child privacy being an issue as well.

Reactions: 3
Ok. SO. I’m watching orange is the new black. 6th season. First episode, two inmates get into a fight. What do the guards do? GIVE THEM A COLD SOAKING. this is used as punishment for CRIMINALS and these people are using it on their children.

• Sad
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.