Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Katykatykaty

VIP Member
Just back from the Newcastle gig - feel so underwhelmed by it all! I’ve always been a massive S Club fan but I feel so disappointed. I paid £75 for my ticket (and I know there were at least 2 price tiers higher than mine) and realistically would have paid £25-30 for what I got. The staging is poor, the lights and lasers don’t seem to kick in till 4 songs from the end, the never ending miming (though credit where credit is due, some of Jo’s notes were pretty incredible!), the cheap and unflattering costumes…the list goes on.

I’d seen some videos of previous gigs online and thought Tina just seemed to be going through the motions in comparison to the others but in person she took lacklustre to a whole new level! The amount of times she was doing the wrong moves or had to be physically guided by other members to the right spot was just ridiculous.

Also at times you could totally tell they hadn’t changed the spacing on stage from when there was originally going to be 7 up there which just looked odd.

My entire block sat the whole way through the concert bar Reach where about 80% of it got up to dance. I was expecting to be up on my feet the whole way through but the atmosphere never got cranked up enough to make me want to do anything more than a little wiggle on my seat.

Overall I had a fun night but more so because of the company I was. Would I see them again if they toured again? Probably not unless I managed to get a seat filler ticket.

• Wow
Reactions: 14

poppyseed1

VIP Member
I remember one of S Club Junior failed to get into the next round of auditions in X factor and she was absolutely distraught , she was working as a secretary in a dental office or something very normal like that and all she wanted was to be back performing I really feel like the s club junior part in particular must have been very damaging .

• Sad
Reactions: 14

NParker

Chatty Member
I loved them and used to tape (remember that?) their TV show. I was a bit gutted when years later Jo - who was my favourite - went into Big Brother and became pretty much the ring-leader of the racist situation towards Shilpa. Disgusting.

Reactions: 13

Bambix

I think Hannah has just had a baby. I’m sure I saw something on Twitter. I did see something on bbc new show about the 2000s. When s club were being interviewed and someone asked them about money, and their manager stormed on telling them not to answer.

• Wow
  • Haha

littlegossiplover

Chatty Member
What is Hannah’s problem? She went out with him years ago, they were childhood friends but fell out for a long time and had made peace with it. He died of natural causes so although so very very sad as he was far too young, there is no one to blame, nothing they could have done. So why can’t she face it? Is it just the principle of it? But she was beside herself in that interview. If I was her husband I would be thinking why is this such a deal? People lose family and friends all the time. Sadly life goes on.

ElChanguito

VIP Member
Seeing his smile in the photos is so heartbreaking, you just want to reach out and help him. The futility of this life never ends.

• Sad

Mayday

VIP Member
Bradley's posted something now :(

I feel quite bad that the media is focusing so much on his money troubles and bringing up the Loose Women interview again - there was no need and it feels in poor taste.

• Sad

PeteM

VIP Member
Agreed there appears to be more of it. People lose a parent and go back to work quickly. She finds out an ex from years ago has died and can't now do a tour that's months away wtf.
It's obviously deeply affected her. I don't think anyone can pass judgement on matters like this - she'd be facing weeks of rehearsals in advance of doing the tour and I can see how it could all be too much for her. I certainly don't see how she can be criticised for taking a decision on this that she would have mulled over a hell of a lot.
---
In her BB exit interview didn’t she say something like “I’m not racist, my cousin is married to an Indian” 🫣
She really showed herself up to be vile on that programme.

InkHeart

Chatty Member
The thing with S Club that I will never be able to get my head around is everyone’s’ willingness to gloss over the fact that Jo is a mad racist. Why would you want to go and see a racist sing and dance?
It's weird how many people get permanently cancelled and some people who do awful things are just allowed to bob on like it never happened.

Kittens1988

Emoji to cover the kids faces, anyway I noticed Hannah has several stories about the Lego event they went to, each one has speech marks around the text. It made me wonder if she was sent the text to post and was meant to have removed them 🤔 😂

Attachments

• Haha

RJF

VIP Member
I can’t remember which singer it was but they said when they got their first big payout the first thing they did was invest in property because they always saw popstars go broke and i believe it was the dad who told them to invest in property as that will last long past their popstar career. (Its bugging me that I can’t remember who it was)
I think some of the Sugababes invested in property?

Although there were about 10,000 people in that band over the years so I’m sure one of them ended up in property through sheer probability.

• Haha

lyndseyross115

VIP Member
Do we think it backfired? Maybe he hated his pictures etc? RIP.
I was saying this to my hubby and posted it elsewhere on here l, I’m wondering if he orchestrated it so that was his last pics out there and that’s how he wanted the world to remember him, with his happy smiley face :(
They were such a huge huge part of my childhood/teens. I knew the dances, I watched their tv shows so many times I knew the words, went to concerts and met them. It always shocks me when it’s people I grew up with, same with Aaron carter. I just hope Paul is at peace. You never know (I’m just speculating here) if it was too much too soon for him, there were lots of nasty comments made about his appearance, maybe he struggled being so close to Hannah again? You just never know. It’s very very sad and yet another reminder to tell everyone around them you love them.

• Sad
  • Heart

hol20x

VIP Member
Also in their interviews jade and definitely Danielle (not a fan of her either) whether genuine or not took some responsibility for their actions. If you watch Jo's back she was defiant as fuck.
"Did I say that? I don’t even remember saying that" even when presented with video evidence!

• Heart

xvictoriax

Chatty Member
So soon after his passing you'd have to wonder.

On the other hand Bradley's tribute was lovely
It does seem a little off in all honesty. Especially when you know she was talking about her own financial issues not so long ago. It seems far too soon for such an interview, and that it’s just her not the rest of the group. Everyone else’s seem very genuine, respectfully given a time from the announcement to post.

MrAllSeeingEye

VIP Member
The anti vaccine vultures circling on social media as per usual 🙄 Disgusting for them to be speculating when nobody knows the facts.

Reactions: 12

Ali88

In her BB exit interview didn’t she say something like “I’m not racist, my cousin is married to an Indian” 🫣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12