S Club 7 & S Club Juniors

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Loving all these throwback threads. Did anyone else watch the IG interviews that Jay from S Club Juniors did in the summer with the other band members? My favourite was Hannah when I was younger...she was so sweet on the interview.

Reactions: 5
I do remember apparently the members of S Club 7 only made 500 grand each, so I definitely think they were all screwed over by their music label. They were huge in their time so money must have been made somewhere but it didn't go to the band members.

• Wow
Reactions: 18
What was the reaction of the other S Clubbers when Jo was in the CBB house? I know that she, Bradley and someone else went around playing as the S Club 3 for a while 😬

Wasn’t Hannah an actress at some point? Maybe still is.

Rachel Stevens seemed to be everywhere at some point. What’s she up to?

Paul left and went into a rock band. He was on Come Dine with Me and tried not to bring attention to the fact he used to be in S club 7 whilst simultaneously steering the conversation towards bringing attention to the fact he used to be in S Club 7 😄

• Haha
Reactions: 29
I do remember apparently the members of S Club 7 only made 500 grand each, so I definitely think they were all screwed over by their music label. They were huge in their time so money must have been made somewhere but it didn't go to the band members.
Most bands that only get through one contract with a label don't make much money. After Madness split up, one ended up working as a refuse collector. Many bands only started making real money after their first recording deal finishes and they can renegotiate.

Saying that, I would have liked 500,000 before I was 18!! I did read that most members of S Club Juniors were sanguine about it, as once the S Club 7 had split they felt their time was over.

What was the reaction of the other S Clubbers when Jo was in the CBB house? I know that she, Bradley and someone else went around playing as the S Club 3 for a while 😬
The third member of S Club 3 seems to have alternated between Paul, and Tina. At the moment it's just Bradley and Tina as S Club Live.

Reactions: 6
I loved Rachel’s solo stuff. Remember the singer Lolly? Well Lolly was just a character people auditioned for and Rachel was apparently going to be her!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 27

Wasn’t Hannah an actress at some point? Maybe still is.

Rachel Stevens seemed to be everywhere at some point. What’s she up to?

Paul left and went into a rock band. He was on Come Dine with Me and tried not to bring attention to the fact he used to be in S club 7 whilst simultaneously steering the conversation towards bringing attention to the fact he used to be in S Club 7 😄
Paul joined Jo and Bradley as S Club 3. I had the misfortune of seeing them live in 2014, would not recommend. Some band reunions work out well, S club should have been left in the past!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I think Hannah has just had a baby. I’m sure I saw something on Twitter. I did see something on bbc new show about the 2000s. When s club were being interviewed and someone asked them about money, and their manager stormed on telling them not to answer.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Yeah none of those pop bands made a lot of money. The money is in the songwriting.

Reactions: 4
Simon Fuller put together and managed S Club 7 and the kiddywink band that came later. He was the bloke who walked away with around £200 million from the Spice Girls while they left with a couple of million each tops. Fun fact about Simon Fuller: the Pop Idol and American Idol shows were his creation. When Simon Cowell tried to take X Factor to the US, Cowell had to pay him a fortune to do so after Fuller sued him.

S Club 7 was a bigger group but with overall less turnover so I imagine individually they made far less than their management’s Spice Girls act.

Still, far more money than pushing trolleys around a Tesco car park or collecting glasses in a pub like a lot of other youngsters their age at the time. I think a some of the lads ended up in panto.

Reactions: 9
I think Paul was in first dates ! I think Rachel got stick for leaving her kids in the car on their own she was so pretty but so dull

Hannah was on a sci fi show on itv similar to doctor who I never watched it though

Reactions: 2
Hannah has done well for herself she was in Primevil (and in a relationship with her co-star for a long time) and she stared in Agent Cody Banks 2.

Can anyone remember the Sclub film seeing double?😂

Remember when the boys were caught smoking weed in London 🙈

Reactions: 11
All these late 90s/early 00s pop groups were my childhood, I feel so old now 😢

They showed the clip of Paul on First Dates on Gogglebox, and when he revealed what group he had been in I nearly choked on my biscuit, he looks so different now :LOL:
Remember that red dress Tina wore to their film premiere that was little more than a few scraps of fabric sewn together?

Reactions: 16