Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I agree, I read several times that he was found in the morning then pronounced dead later on. If this is the case, his poor family must be even more heartbroken wondering if there was a chance he could have been saved if he'd been found a little earlier. I know this from experience, the questions will never stop.

• Sad
Reactions: 11

femmegirly

Chatty Member
I had to laugh reading it. She didn’t want to pay rental prices. I’m sure even now they could have got a mortgage but it’s the wanting to live in central london bollocks no doubt……I’m sure too that given housing procedures she didn’t just get two weeks notice, unless they were so thick they didn’t seek any advice, and covid delays. But they had the money to rent an empty cafe?? Priority for me would have been a home for the kids. 150k a year back then really wasn’t bad money, that could have been a house outright, spending half each year on a mortgage. This just feels like they are all fishing out news stories, like all the 1980s stars did years ago in the hope of a revival. It just feels a bit desperate, and maybe, given Rachel was the only one to ever really go well out of this, then there’s some jealousy.
But the reality is, S club are my era and I would only want to go and see the full band doing the proper thing, not Tina gurning around pretending to be a good dancer and the lads just being there and that isn’t gonna happen. Tbh, I wish they would all stop trying to do these revivals, it worked for some bands, but it doesn’t mean they all need to do it, some jsut don’t have that ‘hit’ and S Club don’t.
When Paul and Hannah were together they bought a house for 300k outright with cash, and sold it for 500k when they split. https://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/f...ought-my-first-house-with-the-money-i-got-fr/

There is no solid reason why she doesn’t own a house currently. What else has she been spending her money on??

Last edited:

NowIsGood

Chatty Member
All the Blue boys went bankrupt at one time or another too! Think it's safe to say your average popstar isn't the sharpest tool in the box, I vaguely remember a couple of them got scammed by fake financial advisers or something like that. I guess when you hit the jackpot at 16 or so, you don't really value money the same as if you're on minimum wage.

InkHeart

Chatty Member
I thought he looked great, he just was a normal guy who didn't dye his hair - not like a pop star trying to look how they did when they were 20. Sucks that people saw him that way.

Scragbags

VIP Member
I hope he wasn't pressured into the reunion... after years out of the spotlight, it could have been really intimidating for him.

They should have let it be. Poor guy.
This was one of my first thoughts. It would've been hard if 6 of them had said yes and you were the one who said no making it not happen.

I have tickets for the tour if it goes ahead its going to be so bittersweet I'll definitely be shedding a few tears 😢

maytoseptember

VIP Member
She looks drunk to me.
There’s something about how her face has changed that rings alarm bells to me, and I don’t just mean natural ageing. Someone in the DM comments (cruel as they usually are) said she looks like a drinker and sadly I think it might be that.

I think it would explain her slightly chaotic behaviour in recent years.

I hope she manages to turn things around. It’s sad how much fame (and losing fame) fucks people up.

LadyMuck

VIP Member
Wasn't Jo a bully in Celebrity Big Brother? Her, Danielle Lloyd and Jade Good were horrible to Shilpa Shetty. So I've got no sympathy for her poor me attitude

Clarity456

VIP Member
I remember a story about her and Bradley doing some college/uni show and everyone booing her so loud that they ended up walking away. Jade deserved a lot of the blame but she shouldn't have been thrown under the bus by the others. Both Jo and Dannielle played the naive card when they got out but they were both old enough to know exactly what they were saying and what it meant yet Jade got the brunt of it while they walked away.
Also in their interviews jade and definitely Danielle (not a fan of her either) whether genuine or not took some responsibility for their actions. If you watch Jo's back she was defiant as fuck.

I had to laugh reading it. She didn’t want to pay rental prices. I’m sure even now they could have got a mortgage but it’s the wanting to live in central london bollocks no doubt……I’m sure too that given housing procedures she didn’t just get two weeks notice, unless they were so thick they didn’t seek any advice, and covid delays. But they had the money to rent an empty cafe?? Priority for me would have been a home for the kids. 150k a year back then really wasn’t bad money, that could have been a house outright, spending half each year on a mortgage. This just feels like they are all fishing out news stories, like all the 1980s stars did years ago in the hope of a revival. It just feels a bit desperate, and maybe, given Rachel was the only one to ever really go well out of this, then there’s some jealousy.
But the reality is, S club are my era and I would only want to go and see the full band doing the proper thing, not Tina gurning around pretending to be a good dancer and the lads just being there and that isn’t gonna happen. Tbh, I wish they would all stop trying to do these revivals, it worked for some bands, but it doesn’t mean they all need to do it, some jsut don’t have that ‘hit’ and S Club don’t.

Tublet83

VIP Member
Hannah has done well for herself she was in Primevil (and in a relationship with her co-star for a long time) and she stared in Agent Cody Banks 2.

Can anyone remember the Sclub film seeing double?😂

Remember when the boys were caught smoking weed in London 🙈

PeteM

VIP Member
I see people are picking up on Paul's size again on social media. I imagine all the commenters are blessed to retain slim bodies and the metabolism they had in their youth :rolleyes:

PeteM

VIP Member
Not particularly seeing the issue with this. Would be more harsh if they changed their name to S Club 6, after all, and I'm sure there'll be a tribute to Paul in the shows.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10

NowIsGood

Chatty Member
Baring in mind how much they each earnt as a member of sclub in their heyday, and the fact Simon Fuller is still pulling the strings, I think Hannah will earn more doing the book and dancing on ice then she will on the tour.
I agree, plus long term Hannah probably thinks doing doi will give her more exposure with the general public than the s club tour (which will be die hard fans only). Though it didn't do much for Rachel's career? Personally think it's one of the most boring shows on telly, but will try to watch it 😅
I know s club have said they have more things in store for next year, but realistically after the tour (and the small US tour in Nov) I think everyone will lose interest with it just being the 5 of them, can't really see them doing much come new year.

Reverend

VIP Member
I didn't pay any attention to S-Club but a while ago I saw an interview on Loose Women I think, with Paul, and it was so hard to watch. He didn't make much money from the band, didn't do much after and they bought him a shirt for the show because he couldn't afford one. Imagine the humiliation of having the hosts tell the viewers! I thought at the time it was in very poor taste. It was sad but he seemed a bit pathetic. It's exactly what you never want to see from any decent person who has had a significant amount of fame. You hope that people have been well compensated for putting up with being tabloid fodder or at least have their wits about them to be capable of following a different career path. Unfortunately so many are uneducated and chewed up and spat out.
Hannah Spearitt says they made £150,000 a year (after tax I think) while in S Club which is not bad as most 18 year olds wouldn't be getting that. She also says that her and Paul bought a house outright for £300,000, then sold it for about £500,000 later. Her dad also set up a pension for her, and she does get royalties from S Club etc. but she wouldn't be able to live on it.

So Paul, where did the money go.......? I do wonder if Paul had to buy his way out of S club or wasn't wise with his money....

The one member of S Club whom seems to have disappeared has been Jon Lee. You don't see him in the papers or getting together with any of the others. There are the odd reports of him doing acting work in musicals.

Jellybean093

VIP Member
I was supposed to be going on Friday, but my friend can’t make it, and I’m honestly so relieved. After seeing some of the songs on tik tok, I was ecstatic when she said she couldn’t make it, even if it means losing the money we paid I won’t have to sit through this

• Haha

Katykatykaty

VIP Member
I have such anxiety at the colour co-ordination and accessories Tina shoves herself in.
A gold sequinned shrug. Fuck me she is tragic
I’ve always she either looks amazing or looks like she’s got the worst stylist going. There is no in between.

• Haha