Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

NowIsGood

Chatty Member
It all feels odd with Hannah. She's supposedly skint but can turn down a shedload of easy cash many months down the line, because she's upset at the death of someone she fell out with for years, slagged off in the press and had only just made up with.
They did have a lot of history though, she'd know him since her teens and they had a 6 year relationship. Grief is a strange thing, it can make you revaluate everything. She's probably feeling a mixture of complete shock mixed with 'what ifs...' and possibly regret and guilt over stupid things said and done in the past.

Reactions: 17

Basic

VIP Member
Hannah Spearitt says they made £150,000 a year (after tax I think) while in S Club which is not bad as most 18 year olds wouldn't be getting that. She also says that her and Paul bought a house outright for £300,000, then sold it for about £500,000 later. Her dad also set up a pension for her, and she does get royalties from S Club etc. but she wouldn't be able to live on it.

So Paul, where did the money go.......? I do wonder if Paul had to buy his way out of S club or wasn't wise with his money....

The one member of S Club whom seems to have disappeared has been Jon Lee. You don't see him in the papers or getting together with any of the others. There are the odd reports of him doing acting work in musicals.
Just read in the celeb gossip thread that Paul was messaging a then 13 year old on the regular. Why are all these people fucking pervs? No adult has any business messaging minors on social media ever for any reason. Gross.

• Sick
  • Wow

LByrne74

VIP Member
He left the band a year before they split so it's probably just a photo from then.
It is but why choose that one? Thoughtless at best. They surely should have chosen one from the period he was still in the group, since all 7 were due to take part in the reunion tour. Could be that some inexperienced intern posted it without thinking and hopefully that's all it was, but if Paul saw it, it may not have gone down well. One or two people noticed on the day it was posted too.

RJF

VIP Member
Their biggest legacy was those tragic bandanas that everyone emulated for about 18 months in 1999/2000:

1415396699S_Club_001.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16

lyndseyross115

VIP Member
I really do hope Hannah is ok. She looked deeply upset and distraught when she did that interview. I think her not doing when she needs the money just goes to show how much she’s hurting, I feel she’s taken this so badly, she lost a lot of years with him when they weren’t speaking. Even lookin back at the very early days of s club you can tell they were close :( I lost my brother 3 years ago and we hadn’t spoken for 4 years prior to that. I was overcome with guilt, blamed myself, went through all stages of grief. I’m still not over it. We all handle it differently and maybe she just feels like she can no longer be part of s club and it’s just too hard for her which I completely understand :(

• Heart

UnknownTattler

VIP Member
All these late 90s/early 00s pop groups were my childhood, I feel so old now 😢

They showed the clip of Paul on First Dates on Gogglebox, and when he revealed what group he had been in I nearly choked on my biscuit, he looks so different now :LOL:
Remember that red dress Tina wore to their film premiere that was little more than a few scraps of fabric sewn together?

hol20x

VIP Member
You can see how cut up they all are. I won't be too shocked if they decide to cancel it altogether in the coming months.

• Sad

wiganuser

VIP Member
I suppose it’s hard isnt it, some genuinely don’t want to do a job. But for those who do, it would be a gamble. I can’t see anyone from a pop band working on checkout for example, it would be carnage. The only thing I could ever see would be say an office job, but there would always be some idiot there wanting to know why you have a job, making cracks about not needing the money. We all know the types, the ‘banter kings’. You’d need a really strong manager to deal with it all.
I'd say 70% of people wouldn't bat an eyelid if one of them were working on the tills at tesco or working in an office. The millennial lot wouldn't have a clue who they are. Their target age group is nostalgic teens from the 90s. They have a very small following on insta and bradley and tina were doing gigs in local town nightclubs

Sogdhitalley

VIP Member
Is anyone else surprised they haven't announced the cause of death yet? I'm guessing it was the worst case scenario, sadly... I just thought someone would have announced it by now. I have no problem with the family wanting to keep it private, I'm just surprised no one has said anything.

Could it be that it really was a freak medical incident and they're waiting for the autopsy?
I'm also surprised it's not been announced yet however I think it could be because of his family. They're most likely trying to come to terms with what's happend as well as in shock and every other emotion they're feeling right now.

Paul was trolled something rotten for the way he looked and how he's aged. In my opinion I thought he looked great for 46! He aged naturally, which is why I believe the public were in shock with what he looked like because he hadn't pumped his face full of filler and christ knows else. I thought he looked a fair bit younger than his age.

He has struggled with his mental health for a long time and so comments about what he looked look and how he aged must've really hurt him. 😢 It would hurt anyone for that matter. Given that the rest of S Club 7 almost look the same as they did all them years ago, Paul must've felt under so much pressure to look a certain way in time for the tour.
I hope and pray that it was of natural causes but deep down I feel like he took his own life due to trolling, the tour and the pressures of the band (not the members personally but more comparing himself to the others and feeling awful about himself)

• Sad
  • Heart

NowIsGood

Chatty Member
Respect to Hannah for giving up that paycheck and not forcing herself to do the tour. That was a difficult video to watch 😢 Just doesn't feel right with 5 of them
---
Wonder if the rest are feeling forced into it
I think they know it's now or never. Presuming Hannah never returns, it would be very unlikely they'd ever be able to sell out arenas with just the 5 of them in the future

LByrne74

VIP Member
They really need to call it a day. The most desperate comeback ever.

And tina, PLEASE invest in some new clothes that aren't circa 2004
Their comeback has a totally different feel to it than the Steps comeback. S Club does indeed totally smack of "Look we really need the money ok?". Steps were able to pull it together and at least make a good attempt at looking like they can be in a room and on a stage together. With the Hannah stuff, S Club can't even do that.

• Heart

Aria28

I'd say 70% of people wouldn't bat an eyelid if one of them were working on the tills at tesco or working in an office. The millennial lot wouldn't have a clue who they are. Their target age group is nostalgic teens from the 90s. They have a very small following on insta and bradley and tina were doing gigs in local town nightclubs
The 90s nostalgic teens are the millennials. It applies to anyone aged 27 to 42ish currently. You mean Gen Z I think :)

• Heart
What was the reaction of the other S Clubbers when Jo was in the CBB house? I know that she, Bradley and someone else went around playing as the S Club 3 for a while 😬

Wasn’t Hannah an actress at some point? Maybe still is.

Rachel Stevens seemed to be everywhere at some point. What’s she up to?

Paul left and went into a rock band. He was on Come Dine with Me and tried not to bring attention to the fact he used to be in S club 7 whilst simultaneously steering the conversation towards bringing attention to the fact he used to be in S Club 7 😄
Paul joined Jo and Bradley as S Club 3. I had the misfortune of seeing them live in 2014, would not recommend. Some band reunions work out well, S club should have been left in the past!

• Haha

InkHeart

Chatty Member
The One Show Interview was painful. I don't think they were ever great in interview (possibly Fuller gave them a script) but when they were younger some of them were at least a bit cheerful and enthusiastic. Now as a bunch of reserved middle-aged adults, the fact that they don't have much to say for themselves sticks out way worse. They're tense, like a bunch of in-laws who hate each other but have to make conversation at a family wedding.

Multi-21

VIP Member
Also you can tell they aren’t actually friends or have had anything to do with each other since they broke up last time

• Haha

kimh90

Chatty Member
They should just call it quits. And give everyone their money back. So glad I didn't book tickets now.

poppyseed1

VIP Member
Boyzone went ahead after Stephen died , there’s too much money at stake so I think they will go ahead and sales might even increase now after this.

Reactions: 15