Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

RJF

VIP Member
Paul continues to look like the irritating taxi driver who keeps incessantly talking to you, even though you keep giving him one word answers whilst scrolling through your phone with your AirPods in.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Why didn't she buy a house with her earning?
Coz they are all claiming no one told them. I’m sure that my parents would have bloody told me to do so on that money! Especially when housing wasn’t as expensive at that time and mortgages were easier to get. And again, despite what they are saying, not one member of S Club was so young that they didn’t know people bought houses and invested money. It’s mad.

femmegirly

Chatty Member
Why did Tina agree to the bodysuit and boots 😒😒😒 you need legs like pencils to pull it off.

Staging is cheap especially for arena tours. No dancers, fireworks or anything. Cheapskate fuller strikes again
---

It was 2007, I'm sure she's grown as a person. I don't get why people go on about it with her.
Racists don’t just change their views. She’s a racist twat and doesn’t deserve to be in the public eye making money. I bet the crowd was pretty white though.

• Heart

RJF

VIP Member
Remember the time Claudia Winkleman asked them about how much they were paid and one of their team stormed into the studio to halt the interview?

giphy.gif

• Haha

hol20x

VIP Member
I have tickets for the tour but at this point I'm not sure I want it to go ahead with the 5 of them. It won't feel like much of a party or a celebration as it first intended to be when tickets went on sale. It'll just feel sad.

• Heart

PeteM

VIP Member
Indeed. It would have been time to Reach for the doors and to Don't Stop Movin' for the exit.

• Haha

JulesC

VIP Member
Did Tina make anyone else irrationally angry? She always looked like such a smug cow, still does. I just can’t stand her 🤣

• Haha

coconochanel

VIP Member
Someone's put the whole show up on YouTube.

I'm even more underwhelmed now. It's like a PA show at a local club but with a bit of a budget for staging.
Cant be any worse then when S club 3 perform at Zoe Suggs birthday in her back garden. 🤣 🤣

• Haha

monsterinlaw

I really don’t think Hannah is mentally well, and I don’t mean since Paul’s death either. I read that interview and I doubt very much the story was all a lie. I mean she gave plenty of detail about moving her family into rented office space over Christmas, right? That’s far too unusual and detailed to be tabloid hyperbole.

She comes across as quite flakey, unreliable and economical with the truth.
After Paul died, I read some of his old interviews. He said something along the lines of, Hannah is very easily led, she originally dumped him purely because she was advised she should date an actor instead of him.
---
Tina can't seem to string a sentence together 🤣 like yeah... You know... So like yeah
Back in the day there was a rumour that Rachel used to refer to Tina as "The Plank" due to her intellectual abilities.

• Haha

logical-explanation

unexpected and no suspicious circumstances does sound like it😢😢
But that could’ve meant dying in sleep, heart attack, etc… it’s very vague.
regardless it’s beyond heartbreaking and I’m so sorry to his friends, family and fans.

by the way, to those of you who say things along the lines of “people looked happiest before they left the earth” and “the so called friends should’ve done more.” … let me tell you something.

*potential trigger warning* ⚠

I lost my best friend to su*cide at when I was 20 and leading up to it, he did the most hurtful things to all of us closest to him before he left this earth. We adored him but he kept hurting us with his actions and we were very hurt and in the end had to cut him out of our lives for the sake of our mental health. We tried so hard to help him but people can only be helped if they want to be helped. Please bear in mind that friends are human too and you never truly know what happens behind closed doors. There’s always more than one side to the story. Anyway, I digress.

Regardless of how he unfortunately lost his life far too young…

Rest In Paradise, Paul ❤

• Heart

femmegirly

Chatty Member
I used to love S Club when I was little, they were the first concert I went to when I was about 7 or 8. I watched a program on itvbe the other night with Hannah talking about her breast implants and I couldn’t get over how irritating she was 😂
I worked at a very fancy hotel in Glasgow (Glasgow people could probably guess) and we had quite a few famous people staying over the years. I can guarantee you that your most cherished actor or pop singer is annoying as fuck. They are mostly drama/stage school alumni who need to constantly be the centre of attention - the faded stars are possibly worse than the relevant ones as they constantly need validation that people still remember them and that they’re still wanted. The most irritating people I remember that we had was Martine McCutcheon and Michael Barrymore who were borderline insufferable. We also had Liberty X who were so disrespectful, loud and messy.

• Heart
  • Wow

erahme

Feels a little cruel given the circumstances and the fact that many bands still go on tour under umbrella of their name despite not having half the members or live up changes. It’s almost eradicating him from it all.

Also legally I saw steps during covid without Faye, she had tested positive for covid, who would realistically sue a group when the situation can’t be helped?
A band member being sick and not attending shows for that reasons is an insurance matter which her and the band would be covered for. A band using a trademarked name where profits were split towards a member who is now deceased is a completely different matter, both in terms of business and legal.

Legally if Paul did not have a will any living relative of Paul could claim his share from S Club 7, which would mean legal proceedings and the band not perfoming. and even if he did have a will the same could still happen.

By changing the name they are protecting future profit streams.

it's a bit like the script, the guitarist recently passed away and fans are saying the remaining two members have already spoken to his wife and said his share of any profit going forward will be given to her and his kids as he would have wanted them to be looked after.

but with sclub everyone with half a brain knows this is about nothing more than money for every member involved and their management team. So yes they will honour him in some way on the tour but when it comes to the finance and business side, they all want as much money as they can.

Reactions: 14

femmegirly

Chatty Member
When you think of every other celeb who has died, has their ex partner or band mate done an exclusive interview with a tabloid a week after they passed?? I can’t think of any. It’s very strange. If she was paid for that, if I was Paul’s family, I’d be pissed off.

I think if management was pushing her, it would be a collective interview with the whole band.

It could be that The Sun approached her when she was in shock and distraught and wasn’t thinking clearly.

Also regarding cause of death, if it wasn’t suicide, don’t you think someone would have said it wasn’t by now or someone would have alluded to waiting to find out what happened to him, in a statement. If that was my son, and there was no obvious proof that he committed suicide but the internet assumed that was what happened, I’d want to set the record straight.

Last edited:

shellie

VIP Member
The thing with S Club that I will never be able to get my head around is everyone’s’ willingness to gloss over the fact that Jo is a mad racist. Why would you want to go and see a racist sing and dance?
I remember a story about her and Bradley doing some college/uni show and everyone booing her so loud that they ended up walking away. Jade deserved a lot of the blame but she shouldn't have been thrown under the bus by the others. Both Jo and Dannielle played the naive card when they got out but they were both old enough to know exactly what they were saying and what it meant yet Jade got the brunt of it while they walked away.

YeahBrackie

I gave Hannah a bit of a side-eye when she did that exclusive (and presumably paid for) interview with the s*n just after Paul's death. It seemed incredibly cold hearted and exploitative, despite her seeming so upset.

Then when she dropped out of the tour, I thought perhaps I'd been a bit too harsh on her and if she was so devastated she couldn't do the tour, then perhaps her decision to give an exclusive was just the product of her not thinking clearly in the midst of her grief.

The book news, though, I find really tasteless and perhaps an indicator that she never wanted to do the tour in the first place. Paul's death gave her a reason to drop out, and the book release is timed perfectly to still make money off the back of the tour which she won't be part of, while S Club are fleetingly back in the news. I hope she's at least got the blessing of Paul's family, since he'll most likely be mentioned a lot in it.

(My first post here, and it's about S Club 7 😂)

SkippyDoo

Chatty Member
Excuse my ignorance but at 46 what would be considered natural causes? I don't get it
Heart attack seems the most likely. I’m not casting aspersions on Paul at all (had my own weight struggles) but he had been noticeably overweight for some time which could have contributed.

A 46-year-old could also have a fatal stroke or a brain haemorrhage. And a person of pretty much any age could have complications from an undiagnosed cancer, a sudden seizure, or simply a sudden unexplained death for which the exact cause can’t be found but where their heart simply stops, which can happen when a person is asleep. For completeness, Paul may also have had a health condition such as epilepsy, diabetes or asthma, whether or not diagnosed, and died from complications of that.

In short: quite a few things, sadly.

• Sad

mousey

Has anyone read Hannah’s book? It literally spoke about s club for maybe one chapter and revealed nothing
I’ve read it yeah and agree there was hardly any s club stuff in it. I wasn’t after a load of juicy gossip, I’m just interested in pop groups and the inner workings we don’t often see, especially pre-social media age. But there was nothing.

To be honest, despite her obviously going through a lot of struggles throughout the years, I thought it came across as quite moany - she’s basically like oh I didn’t want to be in the group and then the moaning doesn’t stop! Don’t stop moanin’ you could say ha ha ha

• Haha