Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

GalaxyGirl70

VIP Member
I hope he wasn't pressured into the reunion... after years out of the spotlight, it could have been really intimidating for him.

They should have let it be. Poor guy.

Reactions: 19

xvictoriax

Chatty Member
He definitely must have had serious issues that were known to ITV and that’s why they never asked him to be on their reality shows that involved him being on camera a lot like they will put much lesser known people than him on. The whole thing is very sad. He was very good looking , just needed a better haircut and better fitting clothes .
---

She definitely got paid
The stuff about reality tv definitely points to him not meeting their psychological checks. There’s no way he wasn’t famous enough when you look at sone of the names dragged out each season of dancing on ice, I’m a celeb, etc. I think they are waiting until after the funeral to formally say anything. The fact donations went to a performing arts charity as opposed to a specified medical one could be a telling point but shouldn’t speculate.

Reactions: 19

NowIsGood

Chatty Member
To me Hannah's career post s club always seemed the coolest. She was the only member who wasn't delusional enough to launch a flop solo career, she stuck to acting and found her niche.
I always thought she was the most naturally pretty member with really cool/ quirky fashion sense, so it's sad that she was insecure enough to get her breasts done, which I think is where things started to unravel (with the health issues they brought, I fear this might have lead to some sort of dependency on self medicated pain relief, as she still doesn't seem 100%)

• Sad
Reactions: 18
Not sure if this has already been posted but I am shocked at how exploited the kids in s club 7 were (and I say kids because they started when the youngest was 16!) Simon fuller was the person signed to the label for example and so made way more cash than any of the actual band members. RIP Paul, he comes across very well in this interview and I’m sad he looked back on that time with what seems like a real ambivalence https://www.theguardian.com/music/2019/sep/10/s-club-7-paul-cattermole-interview
Reading that, I think it was his decision shall we say about what’s happened today. He’s said in there about pressure being on for ‘legacy’ (and that was a few years ago) and if all the others were wanting to reform and he was skint, maybe he was in something he didn’t want to be, and knew how it would go. He said he wasn’t sure the first time round about joining and life wasn’t so brutal then. And then all this about him and Hannah making up…. Maybe it just became too much and he was stuck between a rock and a hard place, which is just so sad.
I just hope if this is the case, his soul is at peace.
I can’t believe the vax gang are on this if so. Utter ghoulish nobs who must just spend their time searching for deaths to remark on.

• Heart

InkHeart

Chatty Member
Has anyone else noticed that the news articles are saying that Paul was "found in his home, but declared dead later that afternoon?" That's strange wording to me. I'll be happy to be corrected if it turns out not to be true, but to me that sounds like he wasn't dead when they found him. It's not like they're saying "He was found dead at his home." The first thing that makes me think of is suicide by overdose... sadly it takes a long time to kill, it's not just lights out like they make it look on tv.

So he may have been unconscious when they found him, then he was taken to hospital and unfortunately died there. This is just speculation and I'd be happy to be proven wrong. There's no good way to die at 46, but random brain aneurysm that's over so quickly you don't even feel it, is probably at least easier for him and for his family.

• Sad

pixxyy

VIP Member
I'm sure they do all miss Paul & cared about him but to me the whole 'Brother' thing doesnt feel genuine

LByrne74

VIP Member
So sad to see. You don't get photographers hanging out in rural Dorset. He must have phoned them to get his last pictures out there on his own terms.
People are often said to have looked very happy just before they passed, once they've decided. I wonder if this was the case here. Of course already people are talking about vax this and vax that, jumping on that bandwagon, they don't waste much time do they, but as soon as I read he'd passed, I surmised that maybe it was his own decision. Your post about him maybe wanting to get his last pics out there on his own terms makes sense, if that's indeed what happened. Regardless, I hope he's at peace and I hope the people left behind have lots of support. 46 is no age.

QueenieMcSheenee

RIP Paul just feel so sad about this. I hope I’m wrong but I feel like he was pressurised to do the tour and desperate for the money but struggling with his mental health and feeling trapped by it all.
Given the injury he went through (at a time he sounded like he was in a good place finally enjoying his acting etc) to being injured and not working, plus his dad! And his failed music career after a club I think he went through a lot.
Very sad.

• Heart

pipp3000

I do remember apparently the members of S Club 7 only made 500 grand each, so I definitely think they were all screwed over by their music label. They were huge in their time so money must have been made somewhere but it didn't go to the band members.

• Wow

AllSeeingEye123

VIP Member
It all feels odd with Hannah. She's supposedly skint but can turn down a shedload of easy cash many months down the line, because she's upset at the death of someone she fell out with for years, slagged off in the press and had only just made up with.

InkHeart

Chatty Member
I might be alone in this, but I think Hannah's interview was touching and respectful. She only paints him in a good light and you can see how devastated she is. The only way I'd consider that bad is if she rang up the Sun and went "Will you pay me to cry on camera about Paul's death?" Which she may or may not have, we might never know.

However, I'd like to think that if it was organised to be a sort of official statement from the band, they'd have gone with The Mail or another bigger paper... The Sun doesn't seem the right fit, somehow...

Yes, he was good looking. I think being stiff from the back injury made him move in a way that made him appear older, and unfortunately people were shits about him going grey. Which is stupid, because 99% of us go grey!

Re the psychological checks on the tv shows... that's a really good point, I hadn't thought of that. I'd wondered why he "wasn't famous enough" for I'm a Celeb, when I've heard of about 1/3 people every series. I remember watching his First Dates Hotel appearance and feeling uncomfortable, like the tv execs shouldn't have put such a fragile man on camera and broadcast him being so distressed.

Reactions: 17

NowIsGood

Chatty Member
So I've just finished Hannah's book...

Wow. I have never read a book with so many typos, errors and mistakes in my life! It was like it had been written by AI, literally every other page had issues. There can't have been any human proofreading involved before publishing, it was a mess!

Her health problems seem bad. She said she's bedridden 50% of the time, so I don't know how she would have done the tour tbh.
The end of the book was weird and very chaotic. She seems to have a vendetta against someone who she says is selling lies about her and shopping her to social services 😬
And it ends with her saying she wants to start a health community in Costa Rica?! I was questioning her mental state towards the end tbh, she didn't seem in a good place at all. I can't put my finger on it, but there's something I don't trust about her partner either...

• Wow
  • Sad

skysky101

I still can't get past the jo big brother thing. I was a big sclub fan when i was a kid. But its just tainted for me now.

maytoseptember

VIP Member
She wrote an angry reply to someone on her Instagram post about the book saying she never said she was homeless and it was tabloid lies…
I really don’t think Hannah is mentally well, and I don’t mean since Paul’s death either. I read that interview and I doubt very much the story was all a lie. I mean she gave plenty of detail about moving her family into rented office space over Christmas, right? That’s far too unusual and detailed to be tabloid hyperbole.

She comes across as quite flakey, unreliable and economical with the truth.