Rvkloves #38 Never not being a dick

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've had a home birth with the same trust
All I'm getting from reading this blog is that she can't be content in the moment.
How many times does she reference wanting the next bit immediately
Didn't want to touch his head as she wanted him out ASAP, didn't want to sleep as she wanted it to be tomorrow so she could stare at him some more etc. At least 6 times in that set of stories does she say "I wanted this bit done to get to xyz"
Just stop and enjoy your bleeping life!
How weird also that she felt weird with her mum knowing she was in labour?
Shes an absolute dose.

I cant be annoyed about her birthing at home with the midwives there as she was keeping a hospital bed free and at any stage those midwives could have left it they were needed elsewhere
It's not like she asked for 5 of them to attend. Had they been needed in hospital she would have had 2 dispatched and that would have been it. I do think it was changeover time though and they crossed over. We know one was a student who chose to be there in her own time.
It's not selfish to birth at home or to want to. I cant get pissed off about that. I know others who had home births around the same time. The option is there so why not use it if its what you want
Agree with you about the home birth - I'm under the same trust and the home birth team are community midwives on call, not midwives on shift in the labour ward so they are not being taken away from other women in labour or anything like that. I was told I would have two and had 4 in the end because the two midwives had students working with them.

Reactions: 7
I've had a home birth with the same trust

Agree with you about the home birth - I'm under the same trust and the home birth team are community midwives on call, not midwives on shift in the labour ward so they are not being taken away from other women in labour or anything like that. I was told I would have two and had 4 in the end because the two midwives had students working with them.
I do think they were at staff changeover in those photos as 5 does seem a lot but one was def a student and as you say, there could have been a couple of students there observing.
Women have a right to a homebirth and if the hospital can facilitate it then they will. They had lifted homebirth restrictions when she was due so it would have been foolish to have said no to the option.
She does plenty of stupid things without needing to be faux outraged at things that everyone else has or does

Reactions: 6
I do think they were at staff changeover in those photos as 5 does seem a lot but one was def a student and as you say, there could have been a couple of students there observing.
Women have a right to a homebirth and if the hospital can facilitate it then they will. They had lifted homebirth restrictions when she was due so it would have been foolish to have said no to the option.
She does plenty of stupid things without needing to be faux outraged at things that everyone else has or does
My area didn’t (and maybe still doesn’t) have midwives who were solely part of a home birth team. That was the issue with previous comments, had the midwives been pulled from a ward etc? As it stands it sounds like Grabs was very lucky but we are likely to jump to conclusions given her twatty foot stamping behaviour. I wanted a home birth but I was told it depended on whether the ward could spare the staff and as it was I went way overdue so the decision was taken out of my hands. The same went for my other births. I have nothing against home births. If you are able to then why not? Each to their own

I don’t think it’s wrong that she wanted a home birth. I think it’s wrong that she acted as though not having one would be the end of the world and didn’t spare a thought for others everyone who had a much tougher time than her.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I don’t think it’s wrong that she wanted a home birth. I think it’s wrong that she acted as though not having one would be the end of the world and didn’t spare a thought for others everyone who had a much tougher time than her.
Absolutely this. And she doesn’t acknowledge her privilege to have been as ‘lucky’ as she was. As ultimately it is luck - some mums do all the hypnobirthing and perenial massage and end up with an emergency caesarian. It’s luck. Can you imagine the ‘not ok right now’ posts if she’d have had anything but her perfect home birth?

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Absolutely no one has benefitted from Grabby’s set of egotistical stories. She’s just a repressed, anally retentive show off. Just an awful person, where is her grace and dignity? Grabby, get off the internet and enjoy retirement with your weirdo grandad baby maker.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Woman gives birth in typical fashion as millions do every day. Yawn.

Yet again too many pictures of your naked bump Grabby. For the private album Grabby or the private family insta at least.

You aren't Demi Moore Grabs, you are just Gimme Moore

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Watford General closed their midwife led birthing centre for weeks last summer. And at least one community midwife came out of retirement to help out with appointments for a few months. Both happened due to severe staffing issues. I don't think I really need to say much more on that.

Why has she shared her birth story like this, or indeed at all? I thought Freya's was bad enough but this is the most self indulgent and smug pile of tripe I've ever read.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I think what annoys me is that while she uses the word “lucky” the whole story reeks of self righteousness. Like she says she’s lucky but deep down she’s convinced it all went so well because she did things the right way with her vitamins and massages and walks and tea and placenta pills… she’s as ever completely unaware of her privilege.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I think what annoys me is that while she uses the word “lucky” the whole story reeks of self righteousness. Like she says she’s lucky but deep down she’s convinced it all went so well because she did things the right way with her vitamins and massages and walks and tea and placenta pills… she’s as ever completely unaware of her privilege.
This....

I un followed after F was born, the comment from the hypno birth lady drove me barmy. Saying it all went perfectly because of her preparation. I prepared, did everything "right" and was told as I was wheeled down to theater that I might die, I wish these professionals would realise the value on their words.
After that, I stopped taking it so personally and realised how far from reality this child is.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I get wanting to document your birth story, it can be an important part of the processing etc and its nice to get the details down...but it seems odd to me that she'd go to this level of detail on Instagram, for any other reason than to have a huge brag. It reaks of arrogance and self righteousness as someone else said, its just another brag about how perfect everything was and its so so misjudged given that the vast majority of women who gave birth around the same time as her, had such a hugely difference and difficult experience. She has literally no idea how smug and arrogant she is. And I really don't think this is just me being 'jealous' which is what she'd think. I just don't get her level of self imposed importance.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
As a midwife I can guarantee that things can go wrong with the most prepared mothers. No amount of perineal massages, colostrum harvesting blah blah will change that. She was extremely fortunate that it all went well.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
So many excellent points made on the ‘birth story’. I do feel like she is absolutely in her element over things like this. You could see it in her eyes in many of the pics. A house full of midwives = just how bleeping important I am. The ‘I’ll be forever grateful’ but secretly - or not so secretly - believing it’s all she deserves and more.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I can’t believe how many midwives are present for a home birth? Is that normal???
I had a caesarean, 1 midwife, and had absolutely no help with washing and dressing (which I desperately needed!). I’m baffled, even more so in COVID times… the NHS must be coping well up in Watford…
I had a home birth. One midwife present for the birth, the second arrived later than the baby. Where I live two is the norm. How she had that amount of people around her (or why she wanted them there) is beyond me! As others have said, if it was due to handover that makes sense and it’s typical Grabby to ignore that fact and just flaunt all those people there for her.

Is she trying to brand herself as a camping influencer now?
She gets over excited when she gets anything for pennies - cheap parking, off peak legoland entrance, free museums in "Cali". Now camping.

She's so painfully tight nothing makes her happier than combining her too great loves: bragging about holidays/trips most people can't take because they've Jobs and getting stuff on the cheap.

She gets to both make other people feel tit AND not spend any money.

Win, win.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Not the most photogenic kiddos are they?

(And that’s not shaming them - all kids are cute in their own way but she doesn’t take a good photo of them!)

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.