RVK_Loves #25 Ads have dried up, freebies no more so Ben blew his beans up me, now we are four

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t mind the bench, but the cool grey tones of the tiles don’t match the warm tone of the stair runner or the adjacent timber floors. (Two other influencers have also recently made this mistake.) They are far too insta-trend for the period of the house.

What I really detest is the wedding photo gallery wall. It screams small minded, conforming, heteronormative values. If I walked into her entrance hall and saw that gallery of photos, I’d immediately know she was not my people.

By all means display wedding photos, but mix them up, you know, in case Freya rebels against her parents’ groomed relationship and becomes a butch lesbian who never marries.

All I can think is what a bleeping waste of food
Same.

And if you are insistent on wasting food, strap your child into a high chair that has been tested for safety so they don’t slip on the mess and break their neck.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
I don’t mind the bench, but the cool grey tones of the tiles don’t match the warm tone of the stair runner or the adjacent timber floors. (Two other influencers have also recently made this mistake.) They are far too insta-trend for the period of the house.

What I really detest is the wedding photo gallery wall. It screams small minded, conforming, heteronormative values. If I walked into her entrance hall and saw that gallery of photos, I’d immediately know she was not my people.

By all means display wedding photos, but mix them up, you know, in case Freya rebels against her parents’ groomed relationship and becomes a butch lesbian who never marries.

Same.

And if you are insistent on wasting food, strap your child into a high chair that has been tested for safety so they don’t slip on the mess and break their neck.
Hanging your wedding photos in your own home is "hetronormative" and triggering for a toddler who may grow up to be a lesbian ? 🙈😂

Surely she gives us enough actual content without the need to grasp at straws like that 🤔😂

• Haha
Reactions: 35

Same.

I think you'll find most married couples have a wedding photo displayed somewhere in their home, they cost enough and some people are happy to show off their wedding. Strange comment.

Reactions: 17
But it’s not just one wedding photo on display.

It’s a gallery wall exclusively of family wedding photos. It excludes any members of the family who aren’t married and it makes me think of the tweets about the cousin who has tattoos and games. Becks will have conniptions if her children don’t follow in her white bread footsteps because what will she display in the wedding gallery?!

It’s my most disliked part of her house and it’s the first thing you see as you set foot in her home. 🤷🏻‍♀️

TL;DR It’s not inclusive. And it appears to really rub me up the wrong way. 😳

Last edited:
  • Sick
Reactions: 6
Hanging your wedding photos in your own home is "hetronormative" and triggering for a toddler who may grow up to be a lesbian ? 🙈😂

Surely she gives us enough actual content without the need to grasp at straws like that 🤔😂
I thought the same. Come on now, if grabby came out with that nonsense we would tear her apart

Reactions: 6

It’s a gallery wall exclusively of family wedding photos. It excludes any members of the family who aren’t married and it makes me think of the tweets about the cousin who has tattoos and games. Becks will have conniptions if her children don’t follow in her white bread footsteps because what will she display in the wedding gallery?!

It’s my most disliked part of her house and it’s the first thing you see as you set foot in her home. 🤷🏻‍♀️

I do get your point and i do think this kind of thinking will be passed on to freya regardless of how many wedding photos hang in the house because she is so non inclusive, narrow minded and insular that theres no way freya wont pick this up throughout her life.

Reactions: 11
She didn't like when the cast changed in season 3 of The Crown....to Olivia Coleman and Helena Bonham Carter. So cultured Grabby, what an excellent and balanced critique you have given......

• Haha
Thread suggestion.

Worn down from watching The Crown and staring at all the new tiles Ben has put down.

My sister in law has told her eldest that she has to be married before she has kids. A massive part of me is desperate for her to get up the duff, just to see if it pisses her off. In Grabbies defense she might have family photos on another wall, she's very orderly, this is the wedding wall.

She literally has so little in her life she is going to spend today Googling The Crown. Man, oh man...
So yesterday she was apparently so busy that she had no energy to write a caption. Yet today she reveals she has nothing better to do than Google a TV show? She's such a bleeping contradiction!

Reactions: 7
She didn't like when the cast changed in season 3 of The Crown....to Olivia Coleman and Helena Bonham Carter. So cultured Grabby, what an excellent and balanced critique you have given......
How very telling she and Ben didnt like the older cast 🙄 (everyone else on earth knows HBC is a goddess)

We cant all stay 13 forever Grabs, no matter how thin we make ourselves or how many pairs of dungarees we own.

Reactions: 7
Hope she's checked the date on the tin 🤮🤮🤮🤮
I can’t believe the stuff she brings back from her trips. Who goes to the states and brings back baking trays, chocolate chips and refried beans? Jesus Grabs! You do know you can buy them over here don’t you? Or are they not proper {ahem, boasty } enough?

Also, dammit I was going to have nachos later. Now I feel dirty, as if she will somehow know and feel all influencery

• Haha
Reactions: 12
This honestly makes me shudder. My little ones run around the house no matter how many times I tell them not to. This is why I HAVE A MASSIVE FIREGUARD around my log burner and will continue to do so until they are much, much older. One slip and I dread to think what could happen. Please tell me this is very basic home safety.

0DAD2F9E-7B01-4447-8B15-8A4E14A59B39.png

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.