RVK_Loves #25 Ads have dried up, freebies no more so Ben blew his beans up me, now we are four

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
£125 in January? And during times when people are struggling financially?
First come first served.... form an orderly queue
Will order books be closed tomorrow?!?!?!
I wouldn’t be happy to order that way without seeing all the safety information and dimensions. So much basic information missing.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Also the NHS are heroes now but when she was in America and pregnant with Freya she posted about how much nicer the hospital was compared to ours!
Did she?! Cheeky fucker. They don’t have an NHS does she realise that? Christ I hope she never has to make an emergency dash to Minor Injuries with Freya. They know me at my local unit 😂😬

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
£125 in January?
First come first served.... form an orderly queue
Will order books be closed tomorrow?!?!?!
I wouldn’t be happy to order that way without seeing all the safety information.
Plus a fiver for delivery if you live within a 15 minute drive!! That's just pure greed

• Wow
Reactions: 10
I saw that yesterday, thought the same thing. She is also a lot older then Chopsy Bentos so she can climb in and out of it. The photos of toddlers and even a baby on the stool on Ben's page makes me shudder. Let babies be babies, put them in a highchair whilst you're cooking.
One of the comments (by {M}??!) was responding to an age related query and says the child should be at least crawling, so they could climb in and out on their own..!!! 😳

• Wow
Her mum and the wife of M posting as if they are random customers.
The stool has gone up in price since the beginning of the week from 65 to 75.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
He can’t even cut the scallops on the wardrobe or shelves in a uniform fashion. What absolute wastrels. How can they just these prices for some ply knocked together and varnished?

• Haha
Reactions: 10
So the price for the Stanley stool went up?
Now we have three things in the Freya range... All revolting and hilariously priced.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
This is all actually making me SO angry. The pure bleeping greed & hideousness of them all. Hope their tit business flops. Toys by Gingy Saville doesn’t deserve to thrive. Ugh, wouldn’t want my kids anywhere near anything to do with him and his weirdo Mrs.

Reactions: 11
The freya wardrobe and the freya toy shelf is the same unit but with a shelf on one. It's literally 4 pieces of plywood or 5 pieces of plywood in a basic box shape.

The wobbly bit at the front I'm guessing they think hides the fact they are flogging a square plywood box for over a hundred pounds a piece.

"Let your child pick their own clothes...Montessori lead" - what horses hit - as if Fweya is allowed pick her own toys or clothes.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
It looks like they are quietly burying the Stanley Stool with more Fweya items.

I think Becks will find she is very wrong about not needing to ask IKEA for consent to resell their item. The issue isn’t that they are reselling an intact IKEA stool; they are modifying an item and onselling it as furniture for children. It hasn’t been rigorously tested and it unlikely to comply British Safety Standards.

Why would IKEA want to be associated with or liable for that?!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
It looks like they are quietly burying the Stanley Stool with more Fweya items.

I think Becks will find she is very wrong about not needing to ask IKEA for consent to resell their item. The issue isn’t that they are reselling an intact IKEA stool; they are modifying an item and onselling it as furniture for children. It hasn’t been rigorously tested and it unlikely to comply British Safety Standards.

Why would IKEA want to be associated with or liable for that?!
And advertised as can be painted. When IKEA state it shouldn’t be painted using ordinary paint. They state clearly what should be used and not used and it’s not satinwood and eggshell. Both of those have a sheen and present slip hazard.

Does this Montessori stuff make anyone else feel sick? It sounds so pretentious and as ever “look at me” (I let my children run around barefoot and teach themselves to read)

Reactions: 15
I’m the poster who commented that rvk loves had led her followers over here.
tbh I tried to post more but was met with this message...

Anyway, hi I’m a lurker. I found this site before Christmas when rvk loves annoyed me (for various reasons) I had a googled because I was sure there would be some other feedback online agreeing to how I felt and there was tattle.

I have followed Rebecca for years. I found her through Rock my style. I also have an allotment, I’ve had one for 7/8 years so liked that side of the blog/Instagram (sorry). I do get gluts of courgettes but I don’t brag about gluts or complain about them. I’m a vegetarian so eat a lot and then share the rest, everyone is happy 😃

Anyway, when she became pregnant with F and then had her, I found her irritating. I’m a Mum to a 9 and 6 year old, I felt patronised by her posts when she was so new at parenting or shamed because I couldn’t flat lay my children in various scenarios. It’s like those celebs that have one baby and then write a book.

So here I am. I’ve unfollowed her this morning because I can’t bare it anymore. I didn’t even care about the furniture hack thing, it was the replies they were posting that tipped me over the edge!!

edited To cover names in photos
Welcome, you have found your people! 🤗😂

Reactions: 7
And advertised as can be painted. When IKEA state it shouldn’t be painted using ordinary paint. They state clearly what should be used and not used and it’s not satinwood and eggshell. Both of those have a sheen and present slip hazard.
We have one of these stools and they are really unstable even without a slippery paint. I mainly use ours now as a cover for the pet bowls so no one clumsily knocks them over.

It’s the sort of product IKEA must regularly debate withdrawing from sale because you know people have broken bones using them.

Her mum and the wife of M posting as if they are random customers.
The stool has gone up in price since the beginning of the week from 65 to 75.
They really need calling out on this, it’s pure greed by a pair of inst twats thinking they can make a quick buck, no safety standards at all!!!! 🤯
Just when you think she can’t get any worse, she does! 😱

• Wow
We have one of these stools and they are really unstable even without a slippery paint. I mainly use ours now as a cover for the pet bowls so no one clumsily knocks them over.

It’s the sort of product IKEA must regularly debate withdrawing from sale because you know people have broken bones using them.
I have one too. I know what you mean as Mine isn’t stable and I certainly wouldn’t let a child on one. It’s quite a step up.

Hopefully {TT} has good insurance.

Edited to question my own comment on insurance. Not even sure unless it’s been safety tested to standard that insurance would apply or be valid. Quick google search and this was written on 2.1.2021

It is very very worrying.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I have one too. I know what you mean as Mine isn’t stable and I certainly wouldn’t let a child on one. It’s quite a step up.

Hopefully {TT} has good insurance.
Having had both types, I found the Baby Bjorn stools much safer if a 2/3 year old wanted to join in baking. How many people have space or indeed want a giant waist-high wooden box in their kitchen when they will already have a high chair taking up room.
Let’s hope Grabby’s knowledge of the law of tort isn’t too rusty 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I have one of those stools too. I’m always stubbing my toe on it 😂

That thin. dowel rod on their adaption looks very flimsy. I can’t imagine it’s safe.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.