Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Hashtagblessed

It's just dirty advertising that can have such a serious impact on people's mental health and self esteem when they don't realise these people are living off hand outs just to make you feel like you should spend your hard earned money on the things that they wouldn't.
T👏A👏K👏E 👏A👏B👏O👏W👏!!!

This is exactly it. Your ‘influence’ is doing more harm than good Rebecca. Take a look around you and see what we are all living through.

The world does not need more leather-handled prams, David Austin roses and luxury holidays. It needs honesty, integrity and action on the big issues like the social imbalance, environmental issues and mental health understanding and awareness.

Also the bit about product placement and advertising in magazines...

There’s a degree of understanding when you purchase a magazine that of course it’s going to contain adverts and products the editor wants to promote. The problem is that she portrays the girl next door vibes and as her account started off so innocent people don’t realise she’s now just a business. We know how fake she is from her awful tweets and the whole persona is made up for the gram.

Her husband flips houses for a living and she’s never worked a real day in her life. Don’t tell us you’ve worked hard to become an ‘influencer’ when all you’re doing is riding the wave of other peoples’ insecurities and grabbing the money while you can.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Thread title suggestion
RVK loves a bit of freebie but hates Tattle cos they’re so meanie. Daily shows of a #gifted haul, gets paid shit loads by Farrow & Ball

Probably too long, I know!!!

• Heart
  • Haha

Skewbedu

VIP Member
i could not love this person more. Well done for calling her out.
That advert is a new low for her. You can barely see the box for a start but it's just embarrassing. She really is selling her soul at this point.

pinkrobot

VIP Member
I finally unfollowed a few weeks ago - had been following for a long time as liked her interior taste but her feed is just so repetitive and even by Instagram standards everything is so saccharine and freakishly perfect. I’m glad Instagram wasn’t around when I was pregnant - two family bereavements in my first one and worked full time until 37 weeks in both. Rebecca might be lovely in real life but comes across v princessy and spoilt. Had to laugh at her Grandma telling her to take it easy...she goes on holiday every other week!!!

Reactions: 7

Katiearchiedan

Brilliantly put. I wonder deep down if she is ever satisfied with what she has. The endless quest for new stuff, new house projects, constant holidays is all that seems to drive her. Is she interested in anything meaningful apart from pretty flowers and sunsets?!! Amsterdam is such a fascinating city but all we get is tulips and bicycles on beaches!
I love the person that wrote this!!!!

Back from Amsterdam now and "working from home today" but still found time to go to the gym and the garden centre!!!! I'm a solicitor and I can occasionally work from home and sometime I barely leave my kitchen table to make some food at lunch time as work is so so pressurised. I'm in the office today but have barely had time to wee and already thinking I might not leave before 8pm tonight. She's really on another planet

It is me...

I don’t post very often, but The advertisement this morning shocked me. False advertising at its best.

1. I have always used Vitabiotics and they are not cheap to buy. The message this morning on the photo, was they are more affordable..... but to many they will still be expensive. It read as though Vitabiotics were second best and I believe I read a comment where someone stated that’s how they felt.

2. Given that the company have allowed someone to promote the vitamins when they are not taking them is awful. The research should have been done. Yes they’ve now pulled the ad, but it still happened.

That is false advertising and to me sums up exactly what is wrong with our current advertising and promotions and social media influencers (not just RVK). Anyone can like many brands but if you aren’t using it then how can you promote it to a consumer? You cannot!

Viceroy

So glad it's not just me who can't stand her. I have nothing new to say but cannot stand her smugness. Remember years ago her boasting about getting a Range Rover and how much her husband earns.

I hate to be personal, but I need to get it off my chest - I think she is really ugly.

• Haha

Mumlolz

Thank goodness she has been sent some more free baby clothes 🙄🙄 Also amused by her comment there’s still another day of the weekend to enjoy. Like Tuesday will be any different for her!!
I know. I’m SO disappointed by this. Scandiborn is one of my favourite websites and I can’t believe they’ve jumped on the gifted bandwagon. I’m so bored of no one paying for anything anymore 😂😏

Bambi91

Has anyone read her latest blog post?
I actually defended her on her Instagram early pregnancy and now I feel agitated I’ve just had a baby And her latest blog frustrates me she’s wrote a shoppingn list of newborn essentials but has been gifted -
- snuzpod
- Breast pump
- car seat
- pushchair
-baby rocker
- High chair
- cot mattress
- muslins
Maybe I’m bitter that me and my husband had to work and save for everything and they can quite clearly afford al of that but just got given it all 😩🙄

PureGegg

AND nothing to do with it being the same pram as Pippa Middleton either 🤷🏻‍♀️
RVK saw it first, wrote it on an envelope and dated it
Actual lols.

I've been reading with interest over the past few weeks, I do agree with a lot on here but at the same time - I feel awkward to some of the more personal remarks. I don't think all are called for, even if we think things.

• Haha

Hashtagblessed

“Talking shutters on the blog today...”

That story should be marked as an ADVERT from the beginning Rebecca. It really isn’t that difficult.

Davesbird

Her stories... didn’t have time..!!!! To make her Mumma a birthday cake. WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK! Fannying around taking peony photos must take it out of ya eh??? Jaysus woman. Get a GRIP!!!🤬

Last edited:
  • Haha

Hashtagblessed

I don’t think she’ll publicly address this thread as she won’t want to draw people to it. Her tweets are inexcusable and she has nobody to blame for them. That’s her own words under her own name.

Body shaming women and new mothers is not okay now and it wasn’t five years ago either.

Noodles86

Because she wants recognition from the lovely Elle no doubt...☹
That’s what annoyed me most when she blogged about how lonely/anxious she was in the whole 3-4 weeks she took to fall pregnant! I can only imagine how Elle feels reading that shit. That beautiful human has been through so much the last few years and then you get people like rvk with her thoughtless comments

Ghosttalk4

Chatty Member
IMG_3094.PNG IMG_3102.JPG
For me, this completely sums up the issue with her shadiness around advertisting. This morning she's actually attempted to declare what was a paid advert and what was gifted (she usually doesn't bother at all). She's still not marked it as an ad even though she was gifted and actually paid for some of the items she's still not been clear what exactly was gifted.

I watched the bedroom makerover, I read the Instagram posts and the blog posts. I remember thinking there's some pretty pricey peices in there, absolutely no mention of an ad or a gift anywhere.

Now it turns out half the damn room was gifted or even from paid jobs.

Below is a post from a few months ago about the room, absolutely no mention of ad or gifted anywhere. Her blog literally says 'we got these light' and 'hello headboard of dreams. We went for the velvet' but nothing to imply she didn't buy it all. Now it turns out half the room was a freebie, just like her nursery.

Do not try and create the illusion of a high end makeover when you are trying to hide the fact that most of it was sent to you for free! When asked, she literally said on Instagram she got her sheets from the white company. No, it seems they were sent to you ask part of a PAID job!

It's so bloody sneaky. May contain some gifted stuff you just have to guess how much was gifted and what - that is just not even close to enough I'm afraid.

You are happy to accept the paid jobs and the free stuff. Then you have to be happy to be clear and transparent about it. It's literally your job.

You are advertising. I don't care as long as I can see quite clearly every time the differences between adverts and reality. I don't stop reading magazines because by they contain adverts - but I can make a fully informed decision to take those pages with a pinch of salt. You are not being clear and removing people's ability to see the difference.

IMG_3104.JPG IMG_3103.JPG IMG_3099.PNG

Last edited:

Skewbedu

VIP Member
This winds me up more than it should but why does she use question marks so often in her captions. Like this "...and takes 5 mins?!" I don't know, did it take 5 mins? You tell us.

View attachment 13771
I'd be embarrassed to admit it only took five minutes. What have you done with the other 1435 minutes of the day then if it wasn't actual work or cooking a proper meal you lazy, waste of space?

Sadfart

Influencer or Advertiser?
This is my biggest issue. It’s advertising by stealth. None of us joined instagram to have ads thrown at us on every other post. The influencers may harp on about how it can take hours to get the perfect photo, but they fail to realise that without us they wouldn’t have a job (as they like to think of it). I have stopped following so many accounts that I used to love because I honestly detest declared ads, let alone RVK and others’ dirty advertising. Sounds a tad extreme but I feel that these influencers use their followers purely for their own financial gain.